Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What Brand Names Do You NEED?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Brand Names Do You NEED? Next Topic
Page: of 2

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  10:36:04 AM  Show Profile
OH! OH! OH!!!! I totally forgot!!! I was a major Dansko only shoes girl !! But I have been enlightened to a new shoe!! El Naturalista!!! Oh my!!! pricey! but worth every penney! More comfy than danskos AND the soles are recycled AND I think they are cuter!!! My new shoe obsession!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile
Shoes? I'm almost ALWAYS in Ariats.

Makeup and hair stuff comes from my favorite salon, Mario Tricoci. Oh my, they treat me GOOD. *wink*

Flours are always King Arthur Flour. I mailorder it.

Lemme see, gotta have Lindt chocolate, or Ghirardelli. Dean's cottage cheese (although NOTHING tastes as good as the stuff I made from my own cow! *sob*) Meats have to come from Inboden's, a butcher shop I'm willing to drive an hour to visit. I won't buy meat if it doesn't come from their store. It's all prime and top choice; yummeh! Land O Lakes Unsalted butter. I'm a label reader and pass by anything that has high fructose corn syrup. When I buy maple syrup, I'm not so fussy about the brand but it has to be the real thing. Horizon milk and half and half, as well as Oberweis if I can find it. Barilla Plus pasta.

Oh, and strawberry Twizzlers for the horses. I have a couple that would do backflips for Twizzlers!
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  1:41:35 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Having spent most of my adult life BROKE, I use generic in just about everything. The only brand names I'm really picky about are Viva paper towels (why not use one instead of 3?), kikkoman's soy sauce, and liquid light herbal tinctures...oh, yea, Soshana Gardens Eden Salve too. For clothing, I prefer the fit of Levi's Signature Jeans and will almost always choose Sketchers if they are available (they are the only shoes I've found that will out last my oldest son).

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing. Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  1:44:12 PM  Show Profile
My husband won't let me buy anything except Viva towels. They are sooo soft.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Bob's Red Mill grains

Farmgirl Sister #98
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  2:49:49 PM  Show Profile
Ohh, I'm so with you on the Viva paper towels! I read in Consumer Reports that they're the most absorbent and the best value.
Go to Top of Page

Georgia Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

212 Posts

Denise
Atlanta GA
USA
212 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  3:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Georgia Girl an AOL message
Lets seee, charmin for sure, Birkenstocks for tater shoes, Royal Canin cat food, Eddie Bauer jeans. I guess that is about it.

~Denise~
Proud Farmgirl Sister #113

http://mybigcityfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Miracle Whip salad dressing on sandwiches
Heinz for ketchup and
Jif for peanut butter :)

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  4:52:19 PM  Show Profile
I am a diet Pepsi addict..doh
I like rice dream "ice" cream...other than that, I'm not particular to any one thing

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:

www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com

www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What Brand Names Do You NEED? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page