Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Got Milk? A eye-opening report
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Got Milk? A eye-opening report Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  4:20:15 PM  Show Profile
Need I say more?

http://www.shared-vision.com/2005/sv1807/milk1807.html

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  09:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
You mean I drank a gallon of milk a day as a teenager for nothing?
Go to Top of Page

mdotterer
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Marlene
Pleasant Hill CA
USA
78 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile
I really do think the government hype is all because of lobbyists. The new food pyramid is half politics! I guess if you like milk and can tolerate it, there's nothing wrong with drinking it, but I don't think it's essential to our health. However, I LOVE cheese and yogurt (and butter, too), so I'm certainly not a purist. Of course, cheese and yogurt don't have to come from cows - I actually prefer goat's milk.
Marlene
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  7:37:58 PM  Show Profile
There are a lot of dairy products that I love too, but I do believe that milk has always been overplayed as a health food. And, I think that the Dairy Association latched onto the idea that the calcium in dairy helps people lose weight and swung the new food pyramid their way. I used to scoff at a friend who told me that the food pyramid is all a scam, now I'm pretty sure that all it means is that the Beef, it's what's for dinner people don't have as strong a lobby as all the other producers.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." -Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Got Milk? A eye-opening report Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page