Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Homemade Laundry soap - gross question!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Homemade Laundry soap - gross question! Next Topic  

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  10:18:03 AM  Show Profile
Okay, I have a question. I was making my laundry soap this morning and I had everything mixed in except the washing soda. After I started pouring it in I noticed it was in big clumps and then noticed the box smelled funny. Needless to say, I think the cat peed on it awhile ago (we just had him fixed to correct that problem!). I threw the rest of the box out but since I already mixed some of it into my laundry soap there was nothing I could do. Would you throw out the whole batch of laundry soap or would you use it assuming that the soap would clean itself?!! Help!!
-ELizabeth

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  10:23:23 AM  Show Profile
With the potency of the smell of cat pee, I'd be worried I would smell it on my clothes.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  10:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, I smelled the batch of soap and there is no hint of cat pee in it - it's just the thought that there might be some pee in it that grosses me out!!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  11:02:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If I was short on cash and it didn't smell like urine, I would use it, but if I had the extra money to go buy new- I would toss it and make up a new batch.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile
Ditto what Alee said.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2349 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  05:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Because of our humidity every granular item clumps up. Your clumps could be just that. You could use the clumped soda in loads that don't matter too much....like animal linens, cleaning rags, etc...

Blessings
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Homemade Laundry soap - gross question! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page