Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Think I have all the families straightened out...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Think I have all the families straightened out... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  09:54:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks to you folks and others, I finally have a handle on dealing with the in-laws and some of my family too. I had kind of lost my way trying to make everyone like me and now back on track.

Hubby's family is just bamboozled by me now. I don't care if they like/love/hate me anymore. I am aware that they talk about me but I'm not giving them the satifaction of letting it wear on me. Actually the last few times we've visited I've glossed right over everything and been myself. They came out to my barn and wouldn't even look at the barn manager in the eye even tho she tried to make them comfortable. I now speak up and disagree if I see fit, not to just make trouble but when they say something I know isn't true, I do voice my opinions. (an example was last nite they didn't know we are a Republic with strong democratic traditions...long story there, just trust me on this). So fortunately, the barn isn't too far away and I drop hubby off and away I go to the barn and spend as much time there as possible. It's working just fine now.

My daughter is still mad at me for the Christmas debacle and I even appologized to smooth things over but she's not forgiving. You know what? I don't much care now. She can either get over it or not. I've left msgs on her cell phone and am done now.

I'm still not quite 'there' with this family thing but it sure feels good to let things go and be myself.

Winona

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  6:44:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Yay! Good for you! It feel s good to have weight lifted off of your shoulders, doesn't it? I have been there, girlfriend and I'm over it now. Congrats to being free (or at least loosening the chains!)

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Think I have all the families straightened out... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page