Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Any North Dakota Farmgirls Out There??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Any North Dakota Farmgirls Out There?? Next Topic  

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  3:32:47 PM  Show Profile
My hubby wants to move to northern ND(near Canada) sometime in the future. We live in southwestern OH now and both love winter, and our winters have left quite a bit to be desired lately(1/2 inch of snow is NOT snowfall!!) He has been to ND a few times & loves it. I have never been there & am not ready to make the move just yet; I am much closer to my family than he is-he would move today if I said the word.
Anyway, I was wondering what any of you ND gals think of your beautiful state. My sis is freaking out; she says "What will you DO there besides ski?" LOL.. Exactly.

Wendy Flower
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Wendy
Gladstone ND
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  3:02:26 PM  Show Profile
Ski? in ND, ha ha ha. Did you move here? I'm in Gladstone ND.

Wind Farmer & Seamstress.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  7:04:03 PM  Show Profile
We moved to ND from MI in July 2012 and don't regret it for a minute. We live in Jamestown which is half way between Bismarck and Fargo. We did make a trip out in October 2011 to check it out before we jumped in with both feet, which I would recommend you do. We focused on the Fargo area on that trip. If you love winter this is a great state! LOL I haven't been able to explore the state as much as I want but there are tons of places I want to visit. I'm hoping to get a camper this summer to be able to do that.

One thing you need to be able to handle is not being close to big box stores. I'm 90 miles in either direction from any big box store; ie Costco, Sam's club, Staples, JoAnn's, etc. I adore my Amazon Prime. They just approved a plan to get Menard's in here and I'm doing a HUGE happy dance lol I have found food a bit more expensive but the rest of the cost of living is lower.

There are winter events to attend. Cross country skiing and snowshoeing I understand is big and dog sledding up north further not to mention ice fishing, hunting, and snowmobiling. Museums and parks in the summer. Car races are popular to attend.

I will admit that I miss walking through a forest. We use to hike a lot and I miss the trees. Hopefully that will lesson or I'll just have to do occasional trips to MN to get a tree fix lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Any North Dakota Farmgirls Out There?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page