Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Challenge Letter #3 Next Topic  

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  1:09:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello Challengers. Please forgive if this comes up twice. I couldn't find it the first time so I'm doing it again.

The most urgent need for love at the moment is for our own sister, Julia Hayes, whose beautiful daughter has been diagnosed with leukemia. I met Julia at Farm Fair and I must say I've never seen a lovelier mother: the way she spoke to her children and included them in everything she did really impressed me.

Our lovely Alee is putting together a quilt to share her love for Julia. And of course, prayer is our first defense. Knowing that we dont have to beg God because He wants us to have everything wonderful in our lives, let's pray to let go of our fear for this darling child and her family.

Do you have any other ideas for Julia?

One thing I'd like to mention is the quick trip I make every day to the Literacy Site, the Breast Cancer Site, the child Health Site, the Rainforest Site and the Animal Welfare site. with one click at each site, you can provide food, health care, books and save a small parcel of the ranforest. And it's all free! It only takes about a minute to click on all of them. They're really hurting for clicks, so you can spread love by clicking away.

It's been a quiet week in Lake Portland as far as new ways to spread love go. I've done lots of free emergency readings. It seems a lot of pet clients have chosen the past couple of weeks to make their transitions, which is always a difficult time for their people. And I worked a couple of days on finding a lost doggy, which we finally accomplished, thank God. Just the usual stuff.

Does anyone have any sharing of love stories to share this week? I think we all could use an uplifting story or two. Thanks in advance.

much love,
Patricia
Proud Farmgirl Sister #19

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  8:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia! I'm just across the stream in La Center, WA :) I've emailed you my info on helping out with this. Just let me know what I can do k?
Will keep her in my prayers too *~*
Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  9:12:17 PM  Show Profile
Dear Patricia - well, I have prayed for you this past week! Your pet therapy, for some unknown reason, has come to my mind several times and I have wondered if you still had that ministry...each time I thought of it, I would pray for you and your pet clients. I know you must have been a big help to the owners.

God bless.
Jeannie

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  11:06:11 PM  Show Profile
Sissy, cool!! You'll have to meet Kay (The Rustic Cottage) and Missy (La Margarite Farm), too. By the way, Robert Browning is my favorite poet.

Jeannie, I'm still doing the pet communicating thing. Very busy lately. Quite a few clients transitioned right after the holidays which meant quite a bit of counselling. Maybe that was what you picked up on.

A client of mine, another woman and I are starting to work on a kind of sign language for dogs, too. They have search and rescue dogs and it would be great to be able to communicate in that way.

I'm also teaching a class in the psychic sciences and one in the Aramaic Bible.

As I said, busy, busy. Happy.

Thank you for the prayers. I wonder if you have any idea how much they mean to me.

love,
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  07:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey Patricia!!!
You'll laugh! I actually got BUSTED for my kindness this week! I work in the bakery at Albertsons and when I close at night I have to bag and box up all the donuts ,cookies etc into a dozen and reduce them to 1.99. ANYWAY!!!!I always give some of the kids that I work with at night a cookie or a donut(Extras that wouldn't make a full dozen, mind you) and chat with them all a little bit!! Well the powers that be found out and I got a stern talking too!!!! We can't give ANYTHING away! They would rather it go in the trash!! Can you believe it!! It's too bad!
Anyway! I also gave a copy of Maryjane's Lifebook to my Iranian friend's sister! They are new in the country and I believe Maryjane's book shows all the good things that are here in America!! Hugs to you all!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  12:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Debi, Albertson's is disgraceful. I'll never shop there again. Unfortunately, that is the policy at most grocery stores. Stu says they don't want to take the liability of someone possibly getting sick. That's why they don't give food to the food banks or homeless shelters. Disgraceful.

When I was a reporter I did a story on Delmonico's restaurant, one of the most famous restaurants in NY. It's been there for a hundred years and was the favorite dining spot of people like Diamond Jim, politicians and other famous people. The story was about their policy of boxing up their leftover food each evening and giving it to the homeless shelter down the street. It was their way of giving back. I visited the shelter as part of my research and was very impressed. Those homeless people eat better than I do!! Delmonico's was so happy with the story that they gave my daughter, Chrissy, a Sweet 16 birthday party free of charge. We had 5 or 6 people in our party. They gave us the best table in house, impeccible service (Chrissy couldn't get over the way someone was there immediately to brush up the crumbs from her roll every time she took a bit. She confessed to taking extra bites so she could see him come running to sweep). We had a fine dinner and then they rolled to the table the piece de resistance - a baked Alaska, flaming and all! It was their signature dish for decades. They invented it. But it had been off the menu for years. They made it just for her.

My point is that the biggest guys can be generous and spread love. One doesn't have to be priggish like Albertsons.

Sweetest Debi, you keep spreading that love. I love the ideaa of giving the Lifebook to your friend's sister! Might as well start her off right. Thanks you for doing that.

love
Patricia

Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  3:25:25 PM  Show Profile
Sissy - I met you at the La Center Holiday Bazaar a couple of years ago. In fact, I purchased a rag quilt from you! So glad that you're here. We'd love to have you in our chapter. Patricia and I are forming a new one.

I won't be shopping at Albertson's anymore either. Thanks for letting us know about that.

I have been praying for Julia's daughter and the whole family. I will continue to hold them up to the Lord.

My Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Farmgirl Flair Etsy Team http://farmgirlsonetsy.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  4:30:20 PM  Show Profile
I never shop at Albertsons, but did not know why I did not like it. Now I have a reason!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Challenge Letter #3 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page