deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  05:29:53 AM  Show Profile
OUr small farm is Harvest Thyme Farm. I just love autumn and we started growing pumpkins about 4 years ago and it kind of escalated from there. Plus, my Mom's b-day was 10/25, then hubby: 10/26 and then my daughter Audrey: 10/27. We would have a huge harvest party with "chili-dump" to celebrate all the b-days at once. The "thyme" part just flowed along with the rest. Mom passed last year so this year will be bittersweet...which we have growing wild here as well! So there ya go: Harvest Thyme Farm!

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  11:13:26 AM  Show Profile
Heather;
How about the Graves Site?
Marly
Go to Top of Page

mrsmorgen
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

morgen
coudersport pa
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  5:48:32 PM  Show Profile
Deeredawn, What is chili-dump? whatever it is sounds wonderful and fun!
Morgen

I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all..
laura ingalls wilder

www.laubers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:42:17 PM  Show Profile
A chili dump is when you have every guest bring "something" to put into the chili pot. I use a turkey fryer and I usually have the base: tomato juice, maters, and seasonings, and then everyone else brings something. I've had some intersting combo's and it's a good time. People will bring corn, cabbage, meat, beans, veggies whatever! One year we had someone bring corn bread so we thru in right in! Let it simmer awhile and eat! Oh... have lots of Beano on hand!

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  6:43:23 PM  Show Profile
Ooooh! I love the Graves Site thingie!! Cute!

Go to Top of Page

shepherdwagen
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Susan
Winterset Iowa
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  05:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Send shepherdwagen a Yahoo! Message
I have no farm yet, but when I do, I plan to call it Shepherdwagen Farms, or some variation thereof. Loud Laughter also comes to mind as a quirky, but fun name for a place. Shepherdwagen comes from my love for German Shepherds, and VWs. I have a VW camper bus out in Oregon (not running currently).

"I've childproofed my house, but they keep getting in."
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  10:41:10 AM  Show Profile
Susan, I am so envious! I have wanted a VW camper bus for so long! I was in Ithaca NY yesterday and one passed me on the street - it was in such good condition, I was salivating!!!
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  4:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
My husband and I came up with an unusual name for our farm. We call it Alimony Acres! The reasoning is when a couple divorces the wife usually "takes the farm"! Therefore, the husband would have to pay alimony! We think its pretty unique. Any feedback? Some of those we tell just don't get it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Have you Named Your Farm? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page