Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic SPIN Farming Next Topic  

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  10:43:13 AM  Show Profile
Is there anyone in your area using SPIN Farming techniques in their community plots, home, or market gardens? For those of you who don't know (I didn't till recently), SPIN farming is an efficient and highly productive form of intensive gardening.

According to the SPIN website, SPIN stands for S-mall P-lot IN-tensive, and it's great because:

* Its precise revenue targeting formulas and organic-based techniques make it possible to gross $50,000+ from a half- acre.
* You don’t need to own land. You can affordably rent a small piece of land adequate in size for SPIN-FARMING production.
* It works in either the city, country or small town.
* It fits into any lifestyle or life cycle.

They have a bunch of farming guides for sale on their website http://www.spinfarming.com/. If anyone has insights about which are best, let the rest of us know!

Jen

Expedition Leader, MaryJanesOutpost
www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com

jenbove

320 Posts

Jennifer
Calico Rock AR
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  10:46:23 AM  Show Profile
SPIN-Farming™ Teams Up with Small Farm Central
PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)

SPIN-Farming, (www.spinfarming.com) has teamed up with Small Farm Central (www.smallfarmcentral.com) to provide ready-to-go websites that connect farmers with customers quickly, easily and inexpensively.

"SPIN-Farming calls for cultivating customers as well as crops, and that calls for a professional-looking web site," says Wally Satzewich, the developer of the SPIN-Farming system. "But most farmers would rather deal with buggy potato plants than buggy software. Small Farm Central frees farmers to be out working their plots instead of sitting behind a computer trying to program their web sites."

The SPIN-branded web sites can include everything "soup to nuts", from photo galleries to blogs to recipes to mailing lists, but farmers can start out simply and add features as they see the need. No technical experience is necessary to run their sites on Small Farm Central.

"SPIN-Farming is helping to eliminate the traditional hardships of farming and is redefining it as an entrepreneurially-driven profession," says Roxanne Christensen, Co-author of the SPIN-Farming online learning series. "It is only natural to be working with Small Farm Central to eliminate the complexities of web site development and help farmers harness the power of technology for direct marketing. Plus, Small Farm Central is in a great position to know what is working for farmers online, and they generously offer free tips and advice at their site."

"Whether they farm in the middle of an urban jungle, on the suburban fringe, or as part of a large acreage in the country, each SPIN farmer's story is a powerful online marketing tool. We at Small Farm Central understand their stories, and help them tell it, engage with their customers, and sell more through professional, active websites that promote the farmer-eater connection," says Simon Huntley, Lead Developer of Small Farm Central.

ABOUT SPIN-FARMING

S-mall P-lot IN-tensive (SPIN) Farming is a non-technical, easy-to-understand-and inexpensive-to-implement farming system that makes it possible to generate $50,000+ in gross sales from a half-acre by growing common vegetables. It is organic-based and can be practiced on a single plot or multi-sited on several residential backyards or front lawns in urban or peri-urban areas. It is available via an online learning series at www.spinfarming.com.

ABOUT SMALL FARM CENTRAL

Small Farm Central provides inexpensive, professional web services to farmers across the country. An online control panel that farmers can access at any time takes the mystery out of farm websites and makes it a breeze to sell products, publish a blog, post photos, and more. Information about the Small Farm Central SPIN web service can be found at: http://smallfarmcentral.com/spin/welcome.

SPIN-Farming
Roxanne Christensen
e-mail: rchristensen@infocommercegroup.com
phone: 610-505-9189

Jen

Expedition Leader, MaryJanesOutpost
www.maryjanesoutpost.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood Member # 9

The View From My Boots
www.bovesboots.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  1:06:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow this sounds interesting! I'll spend some time browsing the pages when I get home tonight. How do you find all this neat stuff Jen?

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  1:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Jen, this is awesome! I'm going to get more into it and see what I can do on my small bit of land that I rent. It looks really do-able. Thanks!

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

gr8tfulmom1
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Michigan
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2008 :  03:13:01 AM  Show Profile