Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 The Traveling aprons..ARE READY!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The Traveling aprons..ARE READY!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  06:34:54 AM  Show Profile
I'm beginning to think that it might be wise to make two separate aprons, and have two separate lists, lest the last folks on the list not have any more room left to add to the apron. Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  10:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
How about if I make it double sided...? That should be enough room!
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:31:31 AM  Show Profile
I don't mean to be a pain in the butt, but if it's double sided, and if I'm understanding that correctly, then wouldn't the back of my embroidery (for example) show on the front of the other side? I've not yet figured out how to make the back of embroidery look pretty...

Or am I not grasping the concept? (Um, that's highly likely...)
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile
A reverisble apron would be neat if you can figure out how the embroidery would work out? But I think one apron should work fine, allowing each of us about 2 inches say? Just a thought, I'm game for anything!

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  2:23:38 PM  Show Profile
Countme in on the traveling apron. What a great idea!
Karin
Go to Top of Page

The Handmaiden
True Blue Farmgirl

214 Posts

Kim
Shreveport Louisiana
USA
214 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  8:30:11 PM  Show Profile
ME 2! ME 2!....I'm loving all this different traveling art! It's a personal mini art show from around the country. what a creative idea! I'm thinkin' farmgirls could unite and do anything!! Add me to the list! Who's working on the list?

"Faith shall finish all that Hope begins."

joan walsh anglund
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
GUESS I should have explained myself better.......the problem with me is I have been sewing for so long, I assume other people know what I am talking about when i get on these sewing rants!! SORRY GIRLS!!

I would make the same apron -same pattern -TWICE, send one half to half the list, the other half to the other list (so far there are 24 ladies wanting to help)and then combine them into one double sided apron.No embroidery or applique or anything else will show that way.It's not anymore trouble because I would half to line it anyway to hide the same problems. S'okay?

I am making the list also...
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:25:31 PM  Show Profile
This sounds like fun. I'd love to be counted in!

Someone thought of a two sided apron and another was concerned about the back of her stitching showing thru. Why not make two aprons. Allow for a very wide hem and edge, then bind with blanket binding. These can be sent around and embelished on one side. When they get back to the apron maker she can take off the binding and have a large seam allowance to work with. Do the old right sides together stitching, turn it inside out and we've got a two sided apron.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  11:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I think I just said that..we must have been writing at the same time..Ha...great minds think alike!!
Go to Top of Page

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  05:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, now I get it! (Um, like I said, I'm kinda new to sewing, so I'm sorta slow sometimes.) That sounds perfect! Thanks so much for doing this, Diane. This is going to be SO cool!
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  2:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Diane, that makes all the sense in the world, good idea!! You've got it all covered!!! LOL

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art

I'm not 40 something, I'm 39.95 plus shipping and handling!
Go to Top of Page

Elizabethq
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Elizabeth
Houston Tx
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  6:02:28 PM  Show Profile
I would like to be on the list too.
Thanks and great idea.
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

MNFarmGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

52 Posts

USA
52 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  07:41:29 AM  Show Profile
Great idea ladies, please count me in!
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  09:51:45 AM  Show Profile
Sounds fun I'm interested. Count me in.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com/artisan

Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  10:23:02 AM  Show Profile
And Me!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  2:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Me too, please.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

BillieKay
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

BillieKay
Centennial Wyoming
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful Idea. I'm with ya!!
BillieKay
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:35:46 AM  Show Profile
Me too!!
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  1:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I'm new, but would love to contribute as well. How does one get on the list??? Thank you!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:42:45 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirls!!

MaryJane is pleased to announce that you can now sign up to be on our mailing lists for all the various Farmgirl Connection projects … from traveling aprons, books, buttons, charm squares, dolls, and quilts to sharing mail art, birthdays and recipes.

We’re now ready and willing to gather up all your mailing lists for these projects and manage them here at the farm. Just click on the “Sign up for Farmgirl Connection Projects” link from the Farmgirl Connection opening page to see descriptions of all the traveling projects.

Sign up for the projects that suit your fancy. Please include your name, physical address, e-mail address and phone number. You will hear back from Kate with all the particulars. While she monitors the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativity!

I know there is some confusion, as the mailing lists were started on the forum and are now managed here at the farm. If you’re curious to know if you’re already on a list, please contact Kate@maryjanesfarm.org and she’ll be happy to check for you. Take it Kate! …

---------
Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Kate Edwards and I’m a new member of the MaryJanesFarm crew (oh how exciting!!). I grew up just north of Spokane in a little town called Riverside with my Mom (Teri), Dad (Steve) and little sis (Allie). After high school I went to Eastern Washington University, where I studied Communications. Throughout my life, I’ve always been the kind of person to follow life’s little paths wherever they decide to take me, and this past spring my path took an exciting turn. I was introduced to MaryJane’s son, Emil, at my mom's spring antique show (The Farm Chicks Antique Show and Open Marketplace). The next thing I knew, my weekends were full of visiting the farm in Moscow to see my new boyfriend (oh how fun it is to be a girl!!). Then just this past week, MaryJane offered me the delightful job of organizing the mail lists for all the fun farmgirl projects on the forum and to run MaryJane’s Bed & Breakfast. I couldn’t pass it up!! What an amazing dream this has all become. Now that you all know a little about me, it's time for me to learn all about you. Can't wait to chat with you all soon!!
---------

Other new forum features:

We’ve added a section for Farmgirl Chapters on our website. Our new web features allow you to sign up to Start a Chapter, do a Chapter Search to find and communicate with neighboring chapters, read a recent Newsletter, sign up for a Traveling Journal, and attend a Farmgirl Campout Convention. We’ll also be able to add new pages as new ideas are created.

The Farmgirl Connection is continuing to grow by leaps and bounds thanks to Clare, Eileen and all the fabulous farmgirls at heart that are gathered here! The strong ties of friendship are held together by all our apron strings!! Thank you all for participating in the Farmgirl Connection!

Sunnily yours,

Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2005 :  1:55:15 PM  Show Profile

Hello again farmgirls! I am one happy farmgirl! I am going to the Farm Chicks Show this Sunday and will meet Clare and several Chapter Leaders. Oh, this is going to be a great neighboring farmgirl gathering!! Diane will bring the two finished sides of the traveling apron. Thank you Diane for not only thinking of the traveling apron project and for making the apron as well. Diane has an abundance of creativity and thankfully she is willing to share her ideas with all the rest of us!! Be sure to sign up for the traveling apron if you haven't already by sending an e-mail to aprons@maryjanesfarm.org
We'll be sending the aprons out to travel soon!

sunnily yours,

Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

countrymamma
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

Rural Manitoba
Canada
78 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  2:44:45 PM  Show Profile
Question - once signed up, how long do we wait to get an e-mail back asking the simple questions and getting our addresses?

~Carol
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  4:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Cindylou ~ If we signed up before do we have to sign up again? Thanks, Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2005 :  5:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Is there any master list of lists we already signed up for???

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic The Traveling aprons..ARE READY!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page