Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Bakeover pans???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Bakeover pans??? Next Topic  

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  07:49:40 AM  Show Profile
How many of you have the bakeover skillet? Do you use it quite a bit? Have you tried bakeovers??? Really tempted to get one,but would love to hear from others! Thanks and hugs!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  07:57:28 AM  Show Profile
I bought the 11" Bakeover skillet a few months ago, and loooove it! It's very useful for other things, too, like stir-fry or scrambled eggs. You can make a smaller Bakeover in it, too. You won't regret buying one. Can I say more?

Lori
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  07:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Good question Debi! I was thinking of getting one myself!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  08:09:25 AM  Show Profile
Like Lori, I have the 11" one and it is great. Fun to use and fun to experiment. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  08:54:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have a bake-over skillet and it is indispensible in our kitchen. It works amazing well. We use it for just about everything. Bakeovers, stir frys, fried rice, cooking eggs- just about everything! I have had mine for about 9-10 months now, and it is in perfect condition still, even though we use it all the time. And unlike cast iron, it doesn't kill your wrists to lift it and move it around.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog: http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:41:55 AM  Show Profile
i think i'm going to order one.....since many of you have the 11" one, how many people does that feed? we now have 3 in our family, but we'll soon be down to just the two of us. are the bakeover meals really filling enough for dinner or do you use them more as a side dish? i figure i'll order one of the sample sets??? or is there something in particular that everybody loves??
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  10:48:35 AM  Show Profile
I use the 11" for two adults and one 4-year old - one of those adults is my husband who can eat forever, though. If it's just me and the little boy, we have leftovers for lunch the next day. You'll just love the pan - and the BakeOvers! I really like the cauliflower and garlic one - but I haven't made a bad one yet. And, yep, here, they're big enough for dinner - I just pair them with a green salad, and - VOILA! - DINNER!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile
I'm feeding two adults and three teenagers (basically 5 adults!) with my 11" one, but my BakeOvers are used as a side dish. I made a lovely parsnip, sweet potato and potato one the other night. It feeds us all at supper, plus a little left over for someone's lunch the next day...

Lori
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  07:09:06 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the feedback..!....i ended up ordering the backover sampler....it comes with a 9 inch pan. i decided that since it'll be mainly for just my hubby and me (and he's not a big eater and i'm always :( on a diet) that should be fine. i also ordered the get acquainted sampler with the budget mix, etc. i'm sooooo excited; i can't wait till it gets here and i can try it out! p.s. i ordered some of the cornbread, flatbread and some garlic thing, too!
Go to Top of Page

sissysquilts
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

sissy
wa
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  8:04:57 PM  Show Profile
I received mine today and can't wait to get started. Taking it to the beach this weekend to "play" :) I ordered the Sampler pack with the 9" as well. It's SO well made! and MUCH lighter than my cast iron so hoping it can do some of the duty from it too :) Let me know how you're liking yours when it arrives and what you try it out with first....I'm thinking shrimp...... :) have a great long weekend all!
Sissy

Farmgirl Sister #117

"The good stars met in your horoscope. Made you of spirit,fire and dew"
Robert Browning
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Bakeover pans??? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page