Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A photo of me, mom and Aunt in the Whitehouse!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A photo of me, mom and Aunt in the Whitehouse!!! Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  12:23:29 PM  Show Profile
My uncle called us a couple of days ago to say that he was watching a program on his Wisconsin PBS station of Christmas at the Whitehouse. The theme this year was Christmas in our National Parks, and in one of the curio cabinets displaying photographs that won the "American Dream alive in our National Parks" was a picture of me, my mother and her sister, standing on the steps of the Cape Hatteras Light House in September!!! He said he about fell over dead when he recognized us! It's funny....I don't know who submitted it, but if they got prize money, I think the models should get some!!!!! Of course, like most men, he couldn't tell us the name of the program, and I've found so many references on the White House page that I couldn't even narrow it down. Shucks.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  12:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Jonni, try searching on the national park service website or call/email the local PBS station where the program was aired. How exciting for you and your mom and sister!

I also found this link which refers to Holiday at the White House and there is a link to "ask the white house visitor center" so that might help as well:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/holiday/2007/index.html

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"

Edited by - Hideaway Farmgirl on Jan 02 2008 12:39:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  8:02:55 PM  Show Profile
I think the models should get some to but if you dont look at it like this you made it to the white house love ya miss wilma

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2008 :  11:06:52 PM  Show Profile
Jonni - that is really neat about the White House & the photo!! I hope that you are able to get a copy of the program. I looked on KET and it looks like they didn't host any specials that I could find. Maybe by writing to PBS or one of the staff members will help you find a copy of it.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2008 :  07:40:06 AM  Show Profile
I know, Jessica..I did too--couldn't find anything on PBS. What I did find was something that HGTV did---but Uncle specifically mentioned some British guy that Laura Bush was leading around and the HGTV special looks like it was hosted by a gal...who knows. I guess I'll just be satisfied that someone thought we were nice enough looking to not photoshop out of the fabulous picture of the Hatteras Lighthouse

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A photo of me, mom and Aunt in the Whitehouse!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page