Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  07:07:35 AM  Show Profile
So... I'm not sure if anyone remembers my story about my Step-MIL who insisted that last year was going to be the last onein which she'd keep the books (on paper, long hand, etc).

Guess what?

She won't give it up. My husband made it clear to his father that he doesn't want to hear a single complaint about how hard bookkeeping is or how she has such a burden placed on her. We'll see how long that lasts!

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2008 :  07:33:05 AM  Show Profile
Sending you great luck and much, much patience!!
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2008 :  3:04:06 PM  Show Profile

Good Luck. I can relate to her though. Forever I said was frustrated being the only one who did so much for my church. I have 6 kids and no position in the church yet, I was there every day answering phones, cleaning, painting, arranging community service people to work, doing the nursery, cooking breakfast, and heading up most church meals and get get togethers. As was tired and weary and no longer felt like I really wanted to do it.
Now I don't and I kinda feel ummm like I miss it just the teeny tinest bit, LOL.
Praying for you all
Hugs
Amy

My Blog
http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/
Amore Schnauzers
http://amoreschnauzers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2008 :  06:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Amy, it sounds like no one was willing to help you.

We've spent the past two years trying to get the farm up-to-date on the computer, but S-MIL would rather complain and do it her way.

It's this way with everything for her - if my husband's sisters spend the night at their dad's S-MIL tells them not to change the bedsheets, but then complains to everyone that the girls were too lazy to change the sheets.

::Sigh:: She's a piece of work.

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2008 :  09:41:34 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhh I guess there is a differnece, yes it was at the time that non one was willing to help. Someone once asked why there was not a batismal at our church and I only half jokingly said "casue I haven't dug it yet" But when you have tried to make it easier that is whole differnt ball game. Sigh........ Will pray for the situation. Sometimes you just can't please some people. My grandma can be like that sometimes, I just decided one day to ignore the crankiness go forward happily and recommended to everyone else in the family to do the same and she seems to be alot less cranky, but what works for one will not always work for another. I wish you luck. And peace!!!
Hugs
Amy

My Blog
http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/
Amore Schnauzers
http://amoreschnauzers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2008 :  11:03:18 AM  Show Profile
So, obviously your MIL gets some joy at being involved in the family business, even if it's the joy of complaining at her chosen duties! Hope things improve with the New Year, sometimes we just have to bite our tongues and let it ride...

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Finances Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page