miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  8:09:56 PM  Show Profile
My seed books have started coming in , I am almost blind from looking Have any of you ever ordered from Willhite seed company from Texas? We have bought from them for years, Today the weather was so pretty and I start thinking garden Have any of you grown Bodacious sweet corn, okay I ready to plant forger the snow that MIGHT come Miss WILMA

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  9:10:28 PM  Show Profile
I just began getting my seed books this week as well. I can't wait for a quiet afternoon of planning and dreaming. I am going to plant my first kitchen garden this year and I'm so excited. I already have it all drawn out. I hope I can do it.

I'll have to check out the Whillhite Seed Co. I don't have a catalog from them yet! How big is your garden Miss Wilma?

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  9:17:41 PM  Show Profile
I got out one of my seed starting trays today and planted some coleus seeds, some godetia and some love in a mist..yeah..I know..I have already been bitten by tthe Spring bug.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  06:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Lea we grow enough garden for Metcalfe co, our little garden has about a qtr of acre, then we have about 1/2 acre for watermelons and then I put out about 10-- 12rows of greasy beans in the cornfield, I can and freeze almost every thing we eat except for Sterls sweet stuff, I like meat and veggies he likes pies and cakes I am chubbie and he is as skinny as a rail, not fair The seed book I was telling you about you get a lot more seeds in a pkge than from any other place I have ever bought from, Do you have a lot of flowers, I love flowers but they are a lot of work, When I went to Mary Janes she had the most beautiful flowers I ever saw, see ya Wilma

Go to Top of Page

New England
True Blue Farmgirl

65 Posts

Hannah
Hardyville ky
USA
65 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Wilma, I always have the urge to plant in the dead of winter - it's how we were raised. Even my daughter gave me a little tin pail for Christmas that has all the supplies to 'start your own Christmas Tree for 2008! I'm going to try.
Another unusual place for seeds is from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello in Virgina, they also do mail order. They have some of the heirloom seeds you just can't find anywhere else and at one time they sold seeds propagated from their gardens right there. Hannah
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  1:50:12 PM  Show Profile
miss wilma
Your garden sounds like a dream to me..Where is Knob Lick KY?? I am in Georgetown OH about 50 miles east of Cincinnati. We go to Maysville KY a lot to shop. I will have to check out Wilhite Seed too.
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2008 :  2:59:28 PM  Show Profile
Hannah thanks for the info on the seeds do you have an address,Since I have a lot of garden space I will share the veggies with you, Lisa I have always had a huge garden, you see my in laws and parents went thru the depression and instilled in us that we had to always be prepared food wise, I learned from this and have always had all the food we could use Knob LICK iS ABOUT 15 MILES FROM cAVE cITY do you like primitives, I also have quite a bit of shabby chic, I like to carry a general line. I have some new pictures of my shop will try to get them on this week also would love for you to come, if you like antiques you wont be dissapointed. We are about 4 hours from Cinn. I had done the show in Burlington for 20 years until last year but I think I will go back in April, aLSO I will probably do THE SPRINGFIELD EXTRAV in May

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic seeds and plants Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page