Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  5:53:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Update: I just spoke with the Adjuster Guy for my claim. The newly found damage is about another $1,000. Yikes. Luckily the insurance will continue to fix my car until it is right again. Yay!

I turned in the Jeep Liberty yesterday and got my car back from the repair shop. It had been in for a "face lift" due to some damage from a wintery accident.

Anyway, I noticed the the front bumper wasn't aligning right and that there was a 3/4 on an inch gap on one side and a bulge on the other. There also was some cracking of the fiber glass on the side fenders and a bend in the hood of the car near the windshield.

I pointed out the still damaged parts to the worker and he gave me the "There's nothing else I can do" speech and then the boss came over. I showed him the spots and he said to bring it back because some of it was damage he just hadn't seem at first when he did the quote. He is concerned that the insurance agent might not like to cover it because it wasn't on the original quote.

So ladies, if you have to have body work done on your car, make sure it looks 100% perfect before you sign anything. They almost had me sign something and then none of this unfixed damage would have been taken care of!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog: http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Dec 31 2007 11:23:52 AM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I am glad you caught that Alee, they may have figured you were just a girl who wouldnt look!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  7:52:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
They are usually a really great shop- they have done really good work for me in the past. The owner admits he did not see the damage in the initial appraisal, but certainly us women have to make sure we really stick to our guns when it comes to the male dominated industries- especially automotive. I swear women lib and auto industries are about 25 years behind! LOL Oh well. It looks like it will work out. Hopefully I don't have to get into a knock-down drag-out with the insurance company though :(

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog: http://FarmgirlAlee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  08:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Alee you are one smart girl,

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  10:41:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad that you got your car back Alee! I ran into a similar situation back when I first started driving. I wrecked my truck from hitting a patch of ice. I had to have the side of the bed redone. Well it had the most horrible welding job I had ever seen..and the word "Chevrolet" on the side of the truck (had custom graphics) was a totally different font than the other side. Oh my the horror of it. I told them - nope, I'm not signing anything saying it is good. They had to go back, take off all those graphics, take off all the paint and repaint it and reweld that piece back on and smooth it out. It looked so much better. Then - I had the truck for not even 24 hours and was parked in the parking lot of the post office and just got in my truck. Guess what happened? A van came and hit me in the side - the same side I just got work on! Thankfully it was a small spot on the part that goes around the wheel. I got it fixed but I did learn how to make sure everything is in order before signing off on stuff.

I'm glad that you saw the mixup and got it worked on correctly.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic I got my car back Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page