Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING Next Topic
Page: of 2

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2005 :  9:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Sisters, what a wonderful day this has been! Husband (The Nutty Professor), dog Fritz, and I went to Orem to visit daughter Christina and her dog, Tilly. We brought her (and her Dad, who lives in Christina's rental apartment - she bought a 2-family) one of Stu's fabulous homemade apple pies. I gave Melissa the recipe for his pie crust - the best! Stu babysat Fritz and Tilly while daughter and I went to the Provo Mall to buy her some work clothes at Dillards, which, to our surprise, was having a 75% off sale. Woo hoo! Then, we all went to her brother Patrick's home in Pleasant Grove for dinner. We brought them Stu's world famous pickled salad of cukes and onions from our garden, popcorn balls for the kids, and the Halloween tote bag I made for Tina, his wife.Patrick, Tina and their kids Joey and Trillian, served marinated chicken and mushrooms on the grill, asparagas, our great Utah corn on the cob, Tina's olive tapinade and French bread, and a great Utah wine on the deck outside with all our dogs (including Patrick's aged hound Max and their new lab puppy, Ginger)at our feet. The sun went down and the full moon came up with laughter and good conversation. It was a great family day and my heart was so full of joy. All though the day, my thoughts were of thanksgiving for our wonderful family and for my sisters and my prayers for global peace and love. I hope your day was a beautiful one. Thank you, Clare, for this idea. Let's do it again next month.

Blessed be, my sisters.
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  06:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Clare, I think we all made a difference. It seemes as if, for just a while anyway, the world was "STILL." We must keep it up. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  07:45:34 AM  Show Profile
After my hubby and I attended our new church celebration yesterday, we went to our daughter's house...she cooked a birthday dinner for her daddy of all his favorite things. Then our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter got out all her musical toys. She passed them out to us and we all "played" as she sang happy birthday to her "pop pop". There were drums, shakers, the triangle and a kazoo and her little voice singing. Like Patricia, I sat there and felt so blessed to be among family. I think my hubby had a great birthday, and I felt blessed to share in it with him.
Extra prayers were said for those still struggling in New Orleans and the surrounding area. My heart still aches for them, and I hope they can find some sort of peace among their loved ones and families.

Thank you Clare, for helping us set aside this time of prayer and reflection.

jpbluesky
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2005 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all. I'm glad the day was meaningful to you and that you included the whole world in it.

I had 4 very nice days with my daughter and her family and their new German exchange student. SIL got his promotion at a ceremony steeped in tradition, the grandkids were wonderful (as always, of course), the weather was beautiful and the company comforting. Touched base with a girlfriend I haven't seen in awhile, saw the kids' new rental home they're moving into this week. And I capped off the weekend by a beautiful drive back through the Cascade mountains on Hwy 2 and the whole drive was spent in meditative and healing thoughts for humanity. Perfect combination. The moon even cooperated by brief peeks through the cloud cover last night.

We'll make this a tradition, okay? It's good for all of us.

**** Love is the great work - though every heart is first an apprentice. - Hafiz
Set a high value on spontaneous kindness. - Samuel Johnson****

Edited by - Clare on Sep 19 2005 12:33:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2005 :  6:20:03 PM  Show Profile
As I am ending my day I thank you, Clare, for the wonderful Idea . It was a beautiful day for me and many times during the day I would invison this planet and then all of you precious wemen and ask for healing and peace.

Again, Thank you.

Lind
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic October 17th - A DAY OF HEALING Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page