Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What a wonderful Christmas Eve!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a wonderful Christmas Eve!!! Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:29:30 PM  Show Profile
We spent this Christmas Eve sortof hanging around, snacking, listening to music. We decided to take one of our long walks in the woods with the dogs (photos to follow) and Jus, my husband, just kept bugging me about opening our gifts to each other. I personally don't like to open gifts until Christmas day, so I managed to put him off until after our walk....

Here is Jus, the pied piper with the dogs...cracks me up--all bottoms!!

Here are two of the four (the other two are perimeter sniffers)...

Here is what they were sniffing, among countless deer tracks

and when we got home, he just kept after me about the gifts, so after I got dinner started (what glorious request did he have for Christmas Eve you ask???? Meatloaf, creamed peas--our peas from the garden--and new potatoes)....so I GAVE IN, and this is what was WELL worth waiting for!!!!

Wow. He listened, and they're the right size and everything,and those little devil dolls cracked me up riding in the top of my boots! He knew that I never liked "traditional doll babies" so this is what he got me...I also got a lovely card, which he's also never done before. So, a good day all around!

Wishing you the same, and an even better Christmas Day..p.s. DON'T peek at your presents yet !!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:41:58 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful day you had. I sit here alone---well not really---just me and the dogs. But tomorrow will be lively. The boots, the devil dolls and a card---what a guy, lucky you.
Jonni, yesterday on the telly was a documentary about Ruffian. I remember her so well---a female in a man's world. So beautiful and so tragic.
MERRY CHRISTMAS MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, Marybeth, it's you and me, sister (and the dogs!) Jus left for his grandparents a few hours ago--I have so much to do for tomorrow's dinner, and I just really didn't have the energy. We had such a good day, and I've been sitting on the sofa, listening to medieval carols, with a nice glass of wine. Quiet Chrismases are good ones, too

He was so thoughtful to get me those boots--mine are plumb worn out, and I've had them since I was 19....they've done me good. You can't tell in the photo, but they're a dark chocolate color...so nice!!!

Our day will explode tomorrow when we trek to 3 different homes, then home to make dinner for my mom and some friends who don't have any family....so taking the time now :)

Well, Marybeth, you and I can chat away the hours until tomorrow, or we each fall asleep--whichever comes first!!!!

I hope your day tomorrow, is wonderful!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:49:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing your Christmas Eve with us. What beautiful pictures and your boots are the best.

Have a glorious day tomorrow
Linda H.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:50:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh, the wine must be getting to me! I forgot to say what I was thinking about Ruffian and anything televised about her...I just can't bear to watch it. I watched it as a child, I read everything I could get my hands on, but I just adored her, and she was SUCH the quintessential lady---more elegance there never was, though she did have a stinky temper. Hey, she was in a man's world!!!.

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  6:59:08 PM  Show Profile
You too, Linda! Glad to see I'm not the only lonely hanging out on the forum on Christmas Eve! It's 10:00 here and I'm just listening to the dogs snore...thinking of going out to back yard under the VERY clear night sky and send my wishes for the New Year out.

Be back!

Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  9:55:25 PM  Show Profile
You should make it out the door if you haven't gone to bed yet, the moon is absolutely gorgeous. Christmas Eves are kind of lonely around here since the kids are all grown and they decide to spend the time with their dad. But that could be the beginning of a big pity party. Anyway, it was nice to see your photos and know how lucky you are to have someone who loves you.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2007 :  9:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Jonni you arent alone, we had dinner and our christmas here today,there are so many places the family have to go to but it is so lonely tonight, Maybe this is part of growing older. We go to my moms in London tomorrow so I will get to be with the family again except for my son and they will be spending the day with the his girl friends family, You know the hardest thing is when the baby of the family is not with you I think to how really blessed I am with a wealth of friends I love my adopted family out in Idaho, and how I would love to see all of them again.How I wish I could change some things I have been thru, like going to see my mother in law more, she was so good to me and taught me so much, I do have one thing I intend to do and that is to go see my mom and dad as often as possible, I know at their age that I wont always be able to, Jonnie I have to get out of this lonely spell I am going to have to go back to the laughing page Miss Wilma

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas Eve, Jonni. Beautiful Sheperd you've got and I just love the black eye on your white dog. Thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  11:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Love the pictures, thanks for sharing! We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and so far, Christmas Day! I hope all of you farmgirls & your families are having a very Merry Christmas Day!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  6:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jonni! What a great gift. Your hubby is very thoughtful & having met him, he is just so cute. I can just see him pestering you to open gifts. Where do you guys walk your dogs?? Is Finn the white dog?? I just love your shepherd Rose too.
We celebrated with my sister today. Jim & I will wait until Saturday, since he has to get up at 3 the rest of the week to work, so it will be nice to have some time on the weekend to relax with just him & I.
Sounds like you had a great holiday. YOu deserve it
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2007 :  7:42:42 PM  Show Profile
It was a great day, Lisa! I'm so glad that you got to celebrate with your sister--I bet the "grazing" was top notch :) It was really cute--he kept saying, "you should open your gifts before we go on a walk!" I'm very happy with the boots and today's Christmas with my mom was overwhelmingly thoughtful. I hope that you and Jim have a nice long weekend together--will he get the holiday Monday and Tuesday as well?

Finn is the white dog and Rose is the shepherd...the other "bums" you see in the photo (besides Jus') are Elie and Daisy Bad-Seed. We have an acre, that connects to a creek bed which winds WAY back into woods formerly farm land, now owned by the water company and the railroad. Noone ever back there but atv's and there are nice trails already through the woods. A few weeks back, Daisy found us a wild turkey feather. We take about an hour to an hour and 1/2 walk and they really love running and smelling, and getting wet in the creek.

Edited by - KYgurlsrbest on Dec 25 2007 7:46:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  10:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Jonni
That is so cool that you have a place like that to walk so close to home. Do you live in Elsmere City or outside of city limits?? If you are in the city that is truly a neat thing to have a woods that allows a 1 1/2 hr walk so close by. Looks like the dogs are leading the way, just like the one's at Jennifer's that day.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  10:56:24 AM  Show Profile
We live within the city limits. The street was platted in the 1900's, and at that time, the woods and land surrounding was farmland. Now, no more farm (boo) but the land is still there. Most of the lots have at least a quarter to a half an acre--we have just about an acre as do each of our neighbors. We're VERY lucky to have such a spot like that within city limits.

Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2007 :  10:33:39 PM  Show Profile
This is a great picture memory! Love the li'l devil dolls!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

www.bigtownfarmer.com

www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  05:53:01 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Zan-I do, too!! Our good friend, Julie Judge, makes them...she used to live in Brooklyn (and me, too!, and I bought one for my mother for Christmas (he has a "13") on his tummy, and a pic of Paul(McCartney)from the Revolver Album sewn on his bum, and I just loved them but couldn't justify buying myself one...so my man did!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a wonderful Christmas Eve!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page