junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  04:06:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you MB for doing this, I'll have time this weekend to post my album, I may need your help to remind me how to post here. You are right, we did have more than 30 last year and like you, I too have been making cards ever since the Valentine swap and I really enjoy it! Glad to have you back on board Tina, this is such a fun way to get creative!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2007 :  06:03:36 AM  Show Profile
I'm super excited! In fact, I'm going over to my favorite little notions store to pick up some items today. It's going to be another long weekend, and they're predicting COLD temperatures, so I think I may have some downtime to make up some "prototypes" !

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  07:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Okay...don't laugh...I've never made handmade cards before. I would love to join...just don't expect anything fancy!

Donna...transplanted southerner, farmgirl sister #86
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  12:29:04 PM  Show Profile
Not laughing Donna, at all! The fun part about this swap, is were all getting a very personal peice of art from a fellow farmgirl, you don't have to be a artist, after all, we've all got a little artist in us, it just needs a outlet! The cards can be anything you want them to be, from a regular size card to a one sided type. Just let your creative juices flow with the fun! Glad to have you join us, and I'll be posting some photos from last year too to give you some ideas, so stay tuned!

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  5:10:25 PM  Show Profile
I had a ball doing this one last year!! Count me in too! I still have all of mine from last year. Thanks for hosting it. It will be even better this year since I know most of you even more and can put faces and other posts to your names. YAY!

My new blog!!
http://downtoearthliving.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  7:43:30 PM  Show Profile
Have we set a cutoff date to sign up? That way we know how many to make? also who do we send our mailing addy to?? I forgot to ask that in my last post. I've got some ideas floating in my head. :)

Thanks!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2007 :  8:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
I am getting excited! I have never made old fashioned Valentines before!

Appalachian Girl
Jem

http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  01:18:30 AM  Show Profile
I want to play too, please

Marcia

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  04:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Sue,

Believe it or not, I have jumped on the blog band wagon. I done my first entry last night! Mine looks so simple. I need advice on how to add a few things. There is so much I dont know how to do but I think I will enjoy it. Thanks for encouraging me.

quote:
Originally posted by junebug

Joy, I just sent you a email trying to convince you to start a blog, hope you do! And glad to have you here and in the Valentine swap too! Thanks Marybeth, I knew you would come to my rescue, not sure when I'll get a chance to post a pic of the album? Your so kind! We've got a good start on a list, will keep it open a bit longer, so sign up and join the fun!

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com

Appalachian Girl
Jem

Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  07:00:42 AM  Show Profile
If there is still room on this swap, I want in! I had so much fun making these last year, it made me feel like a kid again! ...though that long-buried urge to eat the paste was overwhelming...;>)
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  07:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer, you silly girl. I had forgotten about that urge to eat paste. Thanks for that little trip down memory lane. lol

Appalachian Girl
Jem

Edited by - downbranchroad on Dec 29 2007 07:22:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile
eewe, paste eating...oooh. never did that. LOL

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  2:13:37 PM  Show Profile
So happy to see more join us here! I'll leave it open till the 4th so everyone has sometime to get in. I'm also hosting a drawing for all who join in the card swap, I'll be giving away a brand new cookbook on desserts, just in time for Valentines day baking. So please start sending my your addy and info. and I'll start a folder, once the swap is closed I'll send out the list to everyone and we can get busy making and sending handmade valentines just like they used to do! And Joy, I"m so glad you started a blog, if you need any help just email me and I'll help in any way! Can't wait to check it out, off to do that now! Welcome all, this will be a blast!!

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  5:33:19 PM  Show Profile
Sue,
Sending you my info.
Denise~

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  5:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Where does everyone get their supplies?
Denise~

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2007 :  7:19:59 PM  Show Profile
oh check out your local hobby lobby or michael's art and crafts supply..or even a local scrap booking supply place for papers if you'd like.
you can use things like craft stamps...again Michaels or Hobby Lobby are great for these.

or a fun and cute idea is to actually cut apart an apple and use it as a "stamp" by putting craft paint on the sliced in half apple..this makes cute "you are the apple of my eye" cards.
by the way..the apple prints also make cute, cute tea towels as well.
Shoot ..you can even use your thumb print or finger prints dipped in paint or ink to create little "critters" too..fun and whimsical.

you can also get card stock from your local office supply store..fold a regular sheet of card stock in half..cut then fold in half again..these make a nice sized card. Then decorate with bits of lace and what not.And they fit well in the invitation sized envelopes once you cut the card stock in half.
Sometimes Target department store sells glitter glues and Valentine themed items this time of year at the front of the store in their $1.00 item section.(sort of like their "stocking stuffer section" at the front of the store) Last year I found pink and red and gold and silver glitter glue packages there as well as cupid and heart mini paper punches.

This time of year you can also find the paper doily hearts at Michaels and Hobby Lobby..these make cute card embellishments.Can be embellished with stickers and so forth.

It doesn't have to get elaborate or expensive.."made from the heart" is what matters.
And that's what this is about.."being who you are"... And simply.."sharing the love" across the miles with your farm girl sisters.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Tina, thanks for the supply information. Now to make my shopping list for the craft store and go shopping!
I am getting really excited about making cards for everyone!!

Donna...transplanted southerner, farmgirl sister #86
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  06:47:45 AM  Show Profile
Denise, Tina covered it pretty good, but if your like me and don't have a Hobby Lobby or Michaels close by, I do have a scrapbook store and I cut and paste ( never ate it but oh so funny Joy) from magazines, or look up images online and print off. And as far as info goes, I need your name, addy, screen name and email addy, just in case! Thanks to all who have sent theirs in already! And remember, you have a chance at that yummy dessert book too!

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  07:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Sue, is your yummy recipe in that yummy dessert book by chance? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Dec 30 2007 07:46:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  1:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Sue (Junebug) sending my addy to ya now :-)

Happy new year to you all!

Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  2:12:49 PM  Show Profile
No, sorry MB, not that book. It's the Pillsbury Bake off winners cookbook and it's full of yummy desserts that would be perfect for Vday! I got 2 by mistake from a bookclub order so I kept it thinking it would make a good gift but a giveaway is even better!

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yellojewl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Amber
Hurley MO
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2007 :  4:45:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello, all
I'd like to join the Valentine's swap this year. I missed it last year. I've been away from the chat room for awhile dealing with life stuff. I'm glad to be back on though.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  05:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Glad to have you back Amber and welcome to the swap! Get creative with us and you will have fun for sure and have a chance at that new dessert cookbook too! I've posted a couple of photos of the album I made last year and a sample of valentines on my blog yesterday since I can't remember how to post them here, help MB!!! The new issue of Romantic Homes and Victoria both have some lovely ideas for Valentines too. Also, I wanted to mention if your making your own envelopes like I did last year, be sure to have them legal size for the post office, I had many come back last year as being too small.

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm getting ready to head out and get some goodies to make some cards. I can't wait to get started on them. :)

~Jessica in Kentucky & Miss Wilma's Niece~
Gardening is a way of showing that you believe in tomorrow...
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2007 :  11:21:26 AM  Show Profile
I'll be spending New Years day with the girls scrapping so I'll be starting my cards too! :)

Visit me at my blogs:

My Etsy store:
www.heart2home.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Holidays: Previous Topic Old Fashioned Valentine Card swap Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page