countryheart
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Deb
Washington
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  10:23:04 PM  Show Profile
What a delight to find this forum! I had a birthday last week and my oldest best friend gave me Mary Jane's new book as a gift. I am enjoying it so much that I'm making myself not devour it all at once.
I grew up in Oregon in the middle of dairy farmers, although we were not in the dairy business. Today I live with my husband and 2 sons on acreage and we raise small animals and pets. We have a animal natural feed store for most all farm animals plus dogs, cats and other species too.
I grew up sewing and in my adult years have taken up machine knitting (due to carpel tunnel), tried my hand at quilting, soap-making, cheese-making, and can wholesome local foods including fresh salmon and tuna. For years one of my hobbies has been reading and collecting old books on the old days and how people did things.
I hope to see post from people possibly in my area and will certainly enjoy reading posts from anyone else also.

"Life is a chain of moments of enjoyment, it isn't only survival. Do not keep anything for a special occasion, because each day you live is a special occasion."

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2005 :  10:50:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Deb!! Welcome!! I live in La Center and my daughter, another Farmgirl, lives in Battle Ground. We have started a Farmgirl chapter, North Clark County Farmgirls, and would love to have attend one of our get togethers. I'm so glad that we're getting more SW WA gals!

What is the name of your feed store? Missy gets grain for her chickens and goats -- maybe she has bought from your store.

"If you are lucky enough to have a garden, you are lucky enough!"
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  09:14:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Deb!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  09:19:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi Deb...boy you really need to get together with kay! (therusticcottage) her group sounds wonderful..lucky you to be so close to them!!
You sound like you like to do the things alot of us do..you found just the right group here!! I am glad you found us!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

WisGal35
True Blue Farmgirl

99 Posts

Cathy
Kenosha County WI
USA
99 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Deb!
Sometimes our friends know us better than ourselves! What a wonderful gift.

Your farm enterprise sounds wonderful. Wish we had a natural feed store like yours close at hand in SE Wisconsin. Do you stock with your own products, those from suppliers, or a mix?

Enjoy the forum!

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

Leharallen
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Carissa
Camas WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  2:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Hiya, Deb! I'm new here too and in your neck of the woods. I'm in Vancouver.

Your book hobby sounds fascinating! I'm an enthusiastic reader of historical accounts and such, when I can find them.

Welcome!
Carissa
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2005 :  3:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Welcome from the Northern part of Washington state! One warning: this sight is addictive!!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from S.W. Washington! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page