myfairlady636
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Janice
Fort Bridger WY
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  09:13:54 AM  Show Profile
I am also the mother of an addict. It has been a long and difficult journey, but also very rewarding. He is 18 months sober. We finally gave him enough rope to "hang himself" and when they picked him up he was high on meth, marijuana, and alcohol. Driving a friends truck with no license, no insurance. In the process he has earned his GED, got a job, starting seeing his daughter, and actually learning how to deal with his emotions and anger issues. I agree that trying to reason with him when he was using was like talking to a brick wall, and my son was not inside the body that was using. His road to recovery has taught me a lot about myself and I am greatful for that. His dad and I pray for him and with each passing day that he is clean it is a miracle to us, because we have our son. We know he may relapse, we know we may lose him at any point, but we keep loving him, encouraging him and trying not to enable him. Here is a hug to all of you sisters who have to be on this path.. I know it is difficult. I am so glad to have a place to share.

My Fair Lady Farm Girl Sister # 92

"Our lives have meaning, purpose and direction"

http://millberrycottage.blogspot.com/

http://myfairlady636.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  8:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Thanks fran and janice. You cant know how very helpful it is to me to hear your words of encouragement and understanding. I have somany people in my life right now telling what I should do and how I should treat my daughter- most of them have never even dealt with this type of situation but suddently they are big on advice. It does more harm than good. That's why i appreciate y'all so much!

Long live the weeds and the wildflowers! ~John Muir
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2008 :  11:40:22 PM  Show Profile
Lorie,
I have not walked in your footsteps, but my heart goes out to you.
All those people who want to "help" with no experience can cloud the waters. I am so glad that you find comfort here and that there are fellow journeyners who can help you on your way.
Hugs hugs and more hugs,
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  4:21:23 PM  Show Profile
Lorie,
This is a long and painful journey...and there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. Try to rememember you have lots of virtual help with the members of this group. Each person is an individual and how you, your family and your daughter deal with it will be different from anyone else. Many shoulders here and it's helpful and healing to be able to express your feelings.
My grandson is with his uncle in Utah, has gone back to school and hopefully will be getting his life back on the road to success and happiness. He knows he has me and his unc on his side at all times.
I do hope the next post from you is positive, but you have those who care here regardless.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2008 :  09:20:43 AM  Show Profile
Well gals, she comes home today. Wish us luck! she knows that this is her last chance. the insurance company has basically cut her off and I have no more resources to offer her. It will take a major shift in every aspect of her life for her to stay clean (and alive). Once again, thanks for your support!

Long live the weeds and the wildflowers!
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2008 :  7:46:30 PM  Show Profile
Howdy, gals!
My daughter has been clean for 1 week today!!!! She is going to work everyday and to therapy every night. It doesnt sound like a long time but it is a great start!
Fingers crossed

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  12:25:39 AM  Show Profile
Every step and milestone is grand and a week is a very long time!!!!!!! Will keep on praying.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  06:08:03 AM  Show Profile
I'm on a very different journey with my daughter right now but I couldn't help but think of something a dear friend said to me recently, "Every day, every hour, every minute, every second is one step closer to recovery." I found this so comforting because like you, life is just taking each day moment by moment. A week is an amazing accomplishment! I will continue to keep you and your family is the light of positive thinking!
blessings, ~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lmillward
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Lorie
Riverton UT
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2008 :  7:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, gals- you cant know how much your support helps me! Julia- I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic Troubled Daughter Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page