Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Update Day 2: Spoilt and Other
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Update Day 2: Spoilt and Other Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  12:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
This is a record! I'm almost afraid I'll whammy myself if I say anything more, but they really stuck to it! The funny thing is they are watching each others backs on it. If either one starts to slip up, the other goes "Remember, Mom means it this time" LOL!

Other: I did all my gift wrapping today. I ordered most things online and had it shipped. I would rather have a lobotomy while awake than brave the mall anytime between Sept and Jan. Anyway, just opening the shipping boxes was a huge reminder to stick to my plans. The chemical smells from the plastic baggies and even clothes themselves was enough to knock over an ox! Then not a single thing was made in the US, mostly China and Taiwan. God knows what we "haven't" found out about yet! Erg! I'm not exposing my family or myself to this anymore. I will make it, teach the girls to make it, buy from you all, buy etsy or do without.
Happily, I can start today. I got my apron kit this morning! Yay!

I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by. ~anon

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  12:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Things are going so well (so far....)...and yes, keep em' scared. You DO mean it this time!!!!!

I hear what you're saying about mall shopping and buying things from stores other than handmade. There's been this really spooky commercial on television from a group called "Wake Up Walmart", asking consumers to wonder WHY the prices there are so low....almost all items are made in "communist" china, and they make sure to add that "communist" thing...I just personally don't want another shirt that shrinks two days after I bought it (after I spent $35.00)..., nor do I want to keep child labor going.

Good luck this weekend and stick to your values!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Update Day 2: Spoilt and Other Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page