Author Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Ligonier book Next Topic  

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  12:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I'm looking into writing a kids story about Ligonier, yes I am all about my lil town. I wanted to have some sort of mascot like a dog or something kids like and have colors etc. I won't have a problem writing it but I am artsy but I don't consider myself fabulous and am wondering about the illustrations, but does anyone know those Linnea books where it was her and pictures behind? Maybe I could do that. Then the issue is publishing but I just want it on the small scale for our town.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  1:28:24 PM  Show Profile
I have a vague memory of the Linnea character. Is the book called something like Linnea and Monet's Garden? Are you planning to use photos of town landmarks and draw in your character?
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2007 :  1:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
yes! She went to Monet's garden and after that book I was in love with monet! Yes I wanted to use photos of town and landmarks etc and come up with a character:) EXACTLY amie:)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  06:21:56 AM  Show Profile
Is there a publisher that carries local interest books in your area? Sometimes they will have a line of very specific travel guides or books about local history. If so, they might be interested. You could pitch your idea to them and they might hook you up with an illustrator.
Go to Top of Page
  Entrepreneurship: Previous Topic Ligonier book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page