Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I was in a car accident tonight!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I was in a car accident tonight!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  7:56:38 PM  Show Profile
We are all ok! Such a huge drag though.. We were on our way to a Christmas party and I had made this fabulous potato leek dish in a cast iron skillet. Looked and smelled great. We were at a stop light when WHAM!! out of nowhere we were rear-ended! It was a complete shock! The kids (all 3 were in 5 point harness carseats) were crying from the shock, but they were all fine. Our car handled it very well I must say. We lost our back bumper and the left side passenger door is off alignment but still opens and closes. The guy who hit us? Poor thing.. his car was completely totaled! His passenger seat airbag went off but no one was riding with him. He is taking full responsibility for the accident and just felt horrible. He said he was in a hurry...he's driving his mother-in-law's car and saw the red light, saw us at the red light and went to brake but his foot slipped off the brake and he accelerated instead. bummer! The police officer who took the report told the guy that he wouldn't issue him a citation since he was so cooperative and was taking full responsibiliy for the whole thing. He has insurance and so forth so I think we are in good shape. My neck aches but I can't tell if that's from some mild whiplash or just the stress of trying to calm my kids down. My son was really shaken up. Poor thing.. Oh, I ought to mention that my gorgeous potato leek dish was splattered all over the back of my car. Thank God that skillet didn't fly up and hit the kids! I had secured it sort of under the back seat but still it is everywhere!! ah, I think I'm going to have the service department at Ford deal with that little mess!

I have to say that I've been thinking about the MJF woman who died last winter and whose daughters were injured but recovered and off living with their fathers. I've been thinking about her and those girls so much.. I've been thinking about how treacherous driving can be this time of year and how important it is to not be in any kind of hurry..no matter... This incident has driven these thought home loud and clear! My sweet innocent little kids in my car...I can't even imagine if anything happened to them.....sigh...breathing deeply....

Let's be careful farmgirls!!
cheers, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:08:16 PM  Show Profile
so glad that you are all safe. sorry that you had to go through this, but so very glad you all are o.k.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Julia thank God you are okay, I will be thinking about you Miss Wilma

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Julia I am so sorry that happened to you.About a year ago, a guy hit my kids and I in our Explorer and flipped us up sidedown,and we slid 30 feet into an orchard.EVERYTHING(tirejack,ERkit) Came flying out and nobody was(physically) hurt. we had to be cut out of our seatbelts,I know the terror of hearing your babies scream for you and I dont wish it on anyone.
I hope you recover quickly again I am so sorry. If you need to talk you have my email.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:18:27 PM  Show Profile
Cars can be fixed, and it is a pain, but thank goodness you are all ok, including the man that hit you. Shew!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  8:27:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julia..I am so thankful you and your family are okay..how scary!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:15:59 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
I am s0 thankful that n0 0ne was maj0rly hurt. At times like that we d0n't think 0f 0urselves, it is 0ur kids we check 0ut first.
Hugs t0 y0u and y0ur kidlets.
Car0l Sue

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:47:24 PM  Show Profile
thinking about our little ones being scared is very sad. I am very glad that you all are fine. makes me just want to go and give one last hug and kiss to my sleeping kiddos. we never know what each day may bring, i am mostly thankful when we are given yet another day, and our loved ones with us!

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh Julia! I am so glad you and your family are okay! I wouldn't wish a car accident on anyone!

I would suggest going to the doctor immediatly about your neck. Some insurances with waffle on paying the bill if you don't go to see a doctor right away. *hugs*

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand to keep Nora out of trouble!
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  10:46:41 PM  Show Profile
i agree, first thing in the morming!

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm just so glad you all are ok. What a scary night.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart
Annika
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  12:27:26 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Alee, Julia. I don't know about your laws there, but here it is imperative to document everything and be checked by a doctor asap. Having been tail-ended twice within four months, I know how scary it is. I had two dd's in the car in the second one. I pray that you feel okay tomorrow.
Di
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  04:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Julia, so glad you and your family are safe!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  05:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Julia....what a shock! Things happen so quick, in a split second. I'm sorry about the damage to your car, but Thank God you and your kids are fine...that's most important! I would have your doctor check out your neck, though.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  06:52:18 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Farmgirl Angels!!Thank you all so very much for the warmth and tenderness!! I read this thread this morning and it is such a wonderful way to start the day. We are all TOTALLY ok. My neck is just fine this morning and so is my husband's. Kids are great too. My husband and I both started the morning with a moment of gratitude. We feel so lucky.. a little unlucky just regarding the hassle of dealing with the car etc.etc. but SOOOO incredibly lucky otherwise.. We are so grateful that the guy who hit us was so honest and cool about the whole thing. He needed to be reassured more than once that the kids were ok....Gosh, they are just so precious....the thought of any harm coming to them....well, I'll just stop right there!

Doc is planning to deal with the car today and hopefully we'll be able to get a rental or a loaner or something.. I don't think it will be a big deal.. I, on the other hand, plan to sew and play with the kids all day long!! You should see the sewing studio!! Martha Stewart would NOT be proud!!

thank you all so much again.. your thoughts, warm wishes and prayers matter so very much!
~Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  07:56:37 AM  Show Profile
So glad to hear that you all are okay. That is one of my biggest fears - being in an accident with my kids. I hope that the kids are calmed down and can soon forget about this!
-ELizabeth
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  08:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
wow..Julia, so glad you and your family are ok..!

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  08:26:17 AM  Show Profile
Julia, I am so glad everyone is doing better. God Bless

Cheryl, Farmgirl Sister #48
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:34:05 AM  Show Profile
Julia, Martha may not be proud but we farmgirls are. You are a precious treasure and we're so glad you and the kids are OK.

love,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:43:41 AM  Show Profile
DITTO to what Patricia said.....

Look out your window and across the field over toward the Weather Station,,,,that would be me standing there wiaving & throwing you "hugz"....
Let me know if you need anything, after all we are "down the country road neighbors".
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 08 2007 11:44:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  3:34:02 PM  Show Profile
SOOOOOOOOO SWEEEEEET!!!!! Thank you all so very much!! Gracie!! totally saw you waving!! ..totally made my day.. I've been making Christmas ornaments today and it has been so therapeutic. I've decided that I need to buckle down, set up an Etsy shop and learn to post some pictures.. I am feeling so inspired..like a fire has been lit under my you know what! I'll keep you posted on my progress!!
much love to you all!! ~julia hayes

Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  5:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm late, but sending my well wishes to you and your family. And get fixed soon wishes for the car. Take care of yourselves! FarmGirl Hugs!

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  5:57:51 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I'm so happy all of you are alright! Hope you had a great day playing and sewing. Hugs to all of you.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  7:16:53 PM  Show Profile
Someone is watching over you!!! Count your blessings! Glad you are doing good Julie!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

The Beehive Cottage~est. 1971
Sisters on the Fly #595
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9351 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9351 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  03:45:13 AM  Show Profile
So glad everyone is ok Julia.
I would advise from past experience that you get to a chiropractor. We has a mild rear ender some years back and I am still dealing with a neck injury that I didn't even know I had at the time but has made it self known since then.
Even if all is well I am sure an adjustment would be wise.
Thank God your children are all ok. It is scary driving this time of year. Anytime really. If everyone would enjoy getting in their cars and driving we would have less accidents. It is hurry, hurry everywhere. I hardly like to get in the car anymore and with gas prices like they are there is no more just going for a ride around the countryside.

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2007 :  05:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Julia, so glad to hear you and kids and hubby are O.K... You really should get your neck checked out..Whip-lash can be a nasty thing down the road....I am saying a little prayer for your family...

Margie

Chocolate makes my Heart 'sing"...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I was in a car accident tonight!!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page