Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Turnbull NWF (Spokane-area)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Turnbull NWF (Spokane-area) Next Topic  

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  12:51:18 PM  Show Profile
Hey all you Spokane-area ladies!

Tomorrow (Sat., Dec. 8) is the annual Winter Celebration at Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge! Last year my daughter and I went and LOVED it! The WSU Raptor Club brings some of their birds of prey and does a talk and demonstrations (yes, you get to see some of the birds upclose and personal). And there is FREE chili (and cornbread, too, I believe). While you're there you can take a look at their environmental education center, visit the Friend's of Turnbull tiny store, take a walk around some of the ponds (there are lots of trails out there), and/or take a drive on the five mile long loop road. They also have an elk tour, which we really wanted to do, but you have to sign up early and life has been so busy that I kind of spaced it out (oops)... We might be going, but we're doing the Nutcracker tonight and have a lunch at a friend's in Otis Orchards just after noon and then dinner with other friends in the evening... Over the years I've really grown to love and respect places like Turnbull and the Channeled Scablands.

FOT Winter Festival: Saturday, December 8th from 9 am to 5 pm.
On December 8th, Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge will host its annual Winter Festival. Come join us for the WSU raptor program, a track-making activity for children and music from local musicians. Coffee and cookies; chili and cornbread will be provided. Festivities begin at 10 and last until 3. Bring your boots and mittens and go for a walk as well. Do some Christmas shopping in our gift shop. Come join us! Donations requested—all proceeds benefit the environmental education programs on the refuge. Please call 235-2760 or 928-4673 with questions. Due to a detour at the railroad crossing on Cheney-Plaza Rd., visitors will need to take Cheney-Spangle Rd. across the tracks, take the first right (on Alki Rd.), continue to Cheney-Plaza Rd., then drive five miles south on Cheney-Plaza Rd. to the Refuge entrance.

Karin

Edited by - YiberryYadeeKarin on Dec 07 2007 12:55:18 PM

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  1:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Karin, I was looking for something to do with my kids this weekend,. This sounds great!

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
FarmGirl# 20

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  9:19:29 PM  Show Profile
Can't d0 this year, but d0 remind us again next year, I think that w0uld be w0nderful t0 d0 with the grands.
Car0l Sue

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2007 :  11:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Karin
for the info on the Turnbull Refuge event. Wish I could go, but our day is already committed.

My family & I will be going to St. Mark's Lutheran Church (in Spokane)tomorrow (Sunday) for the German-American Society Christmas Service. It will be done in both English & German and will have the Concordia Choir singing traditional German Christmas Carols.
I can hardly wait.
I will make some notes in my 2008 calendar to watch for the Turnbull event, especially since it is literaly down the road from us...
hugz

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Dec 08 2007 11:59:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Turnbull NWF (Spokane-area) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page