Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 The Mitford Series - Father Tim books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic The Mitford Series - Father Tim books Next Topic  

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  04:43:57 AM  Show Profile
I am reading the latest from Jan Karon "Home to Holly Springs" at present. I own all the Mitford books and now will have to buy this one eventually!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  04:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have all the books too....loved them. I just got Light from Heaven...but realized I think I already have it.
Going to read it then on to the new one "Home to Holly Springs"... Holly, did you say you are reading it now?

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  2:17:45 PM  Show Profile
Let me know how you like the new one. I almost bought it the other day, but already had a basket full of "must-have books" and did not get this one. I am sure I want it!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed these books. I am on book #5 A New Song.

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I read them all and LOVE them I still think about the "town" it is so like my little one we even have a "Grille" the Fairfield Grille that is it to the T. I'll have to get into the new one:)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  12:43:46 PM  Show Profile
I "go back to visit" often, when I blue!!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  2:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies --- I really liked it! Even though it isn't actually set in Mitford it's still the same vein as the others. Gives you some background on Father Tim and the issues with his father, home, etc that are alluded to in many of the Mitford books! We love Mitford... I've even made Esther's cake! Have all the books, including the Christmas ones, except this one and the Mitford Bedside Companion which is a new one out. This is supposed to be her new series. A must read if you love/like Mitford! My favorite Mitford book by the way is the last "In this Mountain" if I had to choose. My dd who is 18 (!) loves them as well and was very upset that she couldn't read this one after me as I had to turn it in to the library (there's a list).

Blesings,

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2007 :  2:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
holly....you get get used books (they are sometimes new) on amazon.com really cheap....that's where I bought mine..usually no more that 6 or 7 dollars total, including shipping

Happy Holidays to my FARMGIRL sisters!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  08:58:14 AM  Show Profile
I just read the newest book by Jan Karon last week ... it appears to be the First in a separate and new "Father Tim" series, involving most of the same characters from the "Mitford" series but focusing more on Father Tim's experience returning to his hometown and getting back in touch with many of his childhood acquaintances.

Loved the book, and am anxiously awaiting book #2 in this new series.

BTW, I frequently use recipes from the companion cookbook that is out...wonderful recipes.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic The Mitford Series - Father Tim books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page