sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  4:54:00 PM  Show Profile
I just got a card in the mail today for the upcoming new magazine by MJF!! It will be 6 issues a year for 14.95! I already sent the card back ordering the subscription!! Imagine 6 times a year!!?? Between that, Hallmark mag and Victoria, there is a lot of relaxing and homey reading!! It looks like the first issue is ready to go. I wonder when it will be sent out??

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4196 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4196 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  5:09:19 PM  Show Profile
I got one of those today. I was surprised to see a new magizine, 6 times a year.
Michele
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  5:39:01 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOH...havn't seen that yet...you can bet I will be subscribing real fast!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  6:19:06 PM  Show Profile
HOLD UP a sec....where's my card????

AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing my name! :(
http://www.thesoapmaven.com http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  6:28:39 PM  Show Profile
I am ready to sign up...one for me, one for Mama, one for Daddy (he is a big fan, even went on his own to hear Mary Jane speak in Spokane!) I could really get carried away here!

I am on the lookout for that card;)
Rebekka

www.bebebella.etsy.com

As a woman I have no country. As a woman, my country is the whole world.

Virginia Woolf

Edited by - Rebekka Mae on Nov 27 2007 6:29:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  6:41:12 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up!!!! I wanna card!!!!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  7:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
i wonder if my card went to my old address I haven't had a card either.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile
How do you get a card? I have ordered things from the website. Is that how they get your name to send a card?

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile
I WANT A CARD PLUS SOME FOR THE OTHER GIRLS AROUND HERE MISS wilma

I am a farm girl married to a sewing machine

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16394 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16394 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  8:12:03 PM  Show Profile
Those of you who’ve received one of the MaryJanesFarm Magazine direct mail pieces are obviously on a mail list used by Belvoir, the publisher that’s doing our “Free Issue Invitation” and “$19.95 for the first year” promotion.

I saw the mailers “in the flesh” for the first time yesterday. There are six different versions that we had plenty of input on, although some of the language used is part of a formula the pros swear by--things like, “that’s a savings of $9.99!” I was making my case against such language, saying something like, “Everyone knows that’s $10, why talk down to people, why walk away from all those pennies” when Carol pipes up and says, “Gosh, if I stop to think about it, when I buy something for $9.99, I find myself telling a girlfriend, ‘I paid only $9 dollars for it.’” I lost that argument then and there. Well, not entirely, I think they changed it to “that’s a savings of almost $10!” But the mailers are BEEEEEEUTEFUL!!!!--lots of photos and great text. Makes ME want to subscribe! I am just so very pleased and proud of Carol and HAPPY to have found the gentlemen at Belvoir. (When I went out to dinner with them in Ohio, they asked for permission to take their suit coats off at the dinner table!!) True gentlemen.

So these six different versions containing postcards that you send back in for either a trial issue or a one-year subscription are the first part of the test. Essentially, they’re testing to see which MAILER gets the best response--so these batches are small and go out to a select mail list that I didn’t have any input on. (I know nothing about mail lists--never bought one, never sold one.) Once they decide which mailer did the best (my husband picked out his favorite), they’ll print thousands and thousands of them. That’s when I start holding my breath until mid-January. Carol quit exhaling two weeks ago.

If it works (lots of people sending the postcards back in), then we’ll have ourselves a top-notch financial partner. In other words, we get to create magazines until the cows come home, 4 the first year, 6 every year thereafter like clockwork--my dream come true. I’d rather create than worry. Carol and I will maintain creative control, our Contents page stays right up front, all the stuff you’ve come to love like HomeSafeHome, Keeping in Touch, Farm Life, Every Woman Has a Story, Newsroom, and more will remain. We’ll have maybe 4-5 “catalog” pages but we had already cut way back on those in our last two issues anyway. It’ll have ads but Belvoir had me go through all my favorite magazines and tear out the ads I’d never accept and then earmark the ads I would. These days there are so many awesome crafting and fabric businesses, organic food companies, green investment funds, etc., that what I call conscious GREEN ads are abundant these days and even downright useful and informative. Such companies were few and far in between when I launched my magazine in 2001. Actually, we’re thinking we can perhaps pull off just ONE underwriter for maybe the first or first few issues exactly the way I stated I would (if I could) in my Premiere Issue. And so.

This week, Carol and I are trying to polish off a 30-page prototype they’ll use to begin showing people everywhere what we can do and who we farmgirls are. Mumof3 is in it and Frannie and JPBluesky and Princess Mater and Libbie and the farmgirls in Idaho City and …SEND IN THOSE POSTCARDS IF YOU GET ONE!

And for those of you who have paid subscriptions with us, don’t worry, those will be fully honored once we get on track.

Keep your fingers crossed.

MaryJane

P.S. I will call Belvoir tomorrow and see if there's some way to get you on one of their mail lists. Hmmmm.

Look for my new book, "MaryJane's Stitching Room," in bookstores now. Coming next in 2008: "MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook - for Cultivating Your Inner Wild."
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  8:40:14 PM  Show Profile
cool! I hope I get a card cause I will definetly send it in!

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  9:44:52 PM  Show Profile
I hope I get one too...sounds like a great Christmas gift for several on my list!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  05:35:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh this is great. I love my MaryJane magazines. They make excellent gifts and a great way to introduce others to everything we love.

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  06:51:01 AM  Show Profile
I love you MJ!!! I'll try pushing the magazine subscriptions on everyone I know!!!I also work at a huge grocery store chain! I'll request that we carry it! We live in a relatively rural community-I know people here would LOVE it!
Oh BTW!!!! On Thanksgiving All the gals that came wore one of my vintage aprons! This included the young girl who is weekend anchor on the local CBS news here and another girl who is the weather girl /reporter from the NBC affiate here.(friends of my dd who is a producer and sometime reporter)To see these young "up and comers" in aprons was just too cute!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  07:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Oh, cool! I do hope I will get a card so I can send it back and help the cause. :)

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  07:28:53 AM  Show Profile
I want a card too, please : ) or be on the mailing list. Can't wait to get the magazine! JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  07:37:43 AM  Show Profile
I would love to find it here in the Columbus area vs getting a subscription, I know that you do save money doing the cards, but I do like getting it at my local store (due to my past experiences of having stuff lost in the mail, etc from a couple of places). I have gone to every Barnes & Noble and Borders in town and I cannot find it. I may do the subscription route anyhow, probably better that way....and I know that through MJF we are all taken care of
Farmgirl Sister #21

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Nov 30 2007 09:06:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

NotQuiteJuneCleaver
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Susan
Shreveport LA
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:28:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, MJ you know you have my support in whatever way I can help. I am so happy for you! And Carol and all! You deserve the very best as you give the very best! I will not only be subscribing but I have a list of those who will be getting a gift subscription from me. Cant wait to see the first issue!

AKA TheSoapMaven who lost nearly 700 posts by changing my name! :(
http://www.thesoapmaven.com http://www.notquitejunecleaver.com
There is immeasurable value in what I do. I won't ever believe otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:57:11 AM  Show Profile
This is all very good news!! I will be looking for a card. Don't want to miss a single issue.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  10:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I am so happy to see the one and only magazine that I read coming out more often! I am so excited!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  5:41:05 PM  Show Profile
I plan on ordering at least 4 subscriptions myself. I have a few friends and family members who would adore the peace and comfort of this magazine.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16394 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16394 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  12:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Alrighty then! Send us your name and address (PO Boxes are okay) and you'll get an offer in the mail. It may not be the fancy deluxe "claim card" mailer that went out but nevertheless, you'll be able to get in on the MaryJanesFarm Magazine "Send No Money Now!" offer. Send to: brenda@maryjanesfarm.org

MaryJane

Look for my new book, "MaryJane's Stitching Room," in bookstores now. Coming next in 2008: "MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook - for Cultivating Your Inner Wild."
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe it! A giant WOOOHOOO and all that. I have recently let many of my subscriptions go and now get my magazines second hand from my MIL (saving every penny counts these days) BUT and I say that very loudly, I must, must, must have my MaryJanesFarm magazine. So halleluiah, I can get it now as sson as it comes out. I am sad that I am only missing the premier issue though.

Brenda- be ready for all the requests! And MaryJane and Carol, you two outdo yourselves, we too will hold our breath!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Happiness is not so much in having as sharing.
We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.

For the best in Holiday Gift Giving check out- http://products.maryjanesfarm.org/pfoshop/holiday_gift_ideas.asp
Go to Top of Page

Dixie_Amazon
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Dennise
Baton Rouge LA
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  03:05:02 AM  Show Profile
Thank You!

Dennise
Country girl raised in the city.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  2:07:06 PM  Show Profile
I am only missing the premier issue too. Maybe one of these days I will get my hands on one to check out! Cannot wait to get my subscription in the mail for the new issue!!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2007 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
YAY, I just am still getting caught up on what all I missed while MIA and I send Brenda a request and I want to get my auntie a subscription. She is the true quilter in the family! I should post some of her work. I'm so excited. Gosh

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic MJF magazine Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page