Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Anybody have a pony or minihorse pictures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Anybody have a pony or minihorse pictures Next Topic  

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:49:27 AM  Show Profile
I got a 27 yr old free pony a few weeks ago. She isn't in the best condition. I have never been around small equines and wanted to see some "shaggy" winter pictures, to see what she is supposed to look like. Pics of old ponies would be good too. I'm not even sure she is a pony. Does anyone have a way to tell the difference between a pony and mini?

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon-

Can you post a picture of her here so some of us horsey people can see? Have you had her examined by a vet? They can give you a better opinion and she might need to be de-wormed or have her teeth floated.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  10:18:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll get one up soon. She hasn't had her feet done for a year!! My farrier can't make it out though until the 9th. Surprisingly they aren't that bad. Most of her teeth are gone, she can only eat senior feed. I have her on that and beet pulp. She seems to be gaining weight already. I just don't want to get her fat.

She get's around just fine though, considering she was not put together real well in the first place. I think she has some years left in her.

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  7:49:00 PM  Show Profile
Well a mini is a miniature horse and a pony is a pony. Believe it or not there is a difference. We have two minis that grew a few inches too tall to be registered and they still are considered horses not ponies. It can get confusing. I will take and post some pics tomorrow because since my computer was down I lost everything. boohoo!! Does that help? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  08:24:55 AM  Show Profile
Here are my two overgrown minis. The bay is tuffy--registered name Midnight Express Tuff-E-Nuff--but it was pulled when he grew 2 inches too tall. And the little sorrel is Just Bucky. See they look like ponies but...........
They are winter ready. Shaggy guys, also they are over 15 and I also got them free. Yay!!
Now my pics won't upload----bear with me a sec....

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Nov 29 2007 1:38:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  08:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aww! They are so cute!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Anybody have a pony or minihorse pictures Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page