Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members
 working on merit badges!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic working on merit badges!! Next Topic  

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:21:05 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited to be working on several Farmgirl sisterhood merit badges now!!! I can't wait to get my collection going. I have a denim jacket just waiting for them! This is SO fun!!! Recognition for things I love to do, and incentive to learn more and get better at things. I can't wait to learn to tat and to take some of my skills to a higher level!! Homespun Christmas, embroidery and quilting are my projects right now..as well as the volunteering one (forget what that one is called...but I started my notebook!!)
I hope you are all as excited as I am! Let's tell each other about our progress!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:30:37 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Jenny!!!
Am I missing something though...should I be making merit badges too since I joined the sisterhood??!! Do let me know and I'll get on it right away!!
I am so with you on learning to tat..My mom gave me a shuttle that belonged to her sister and I have NO IDEA how to use it. I figure that one of these days I'll learn. My mom said she tatted a hankie once and once was enough! Crack me up. I also have a small table loom that I want to learn to use. Its gorgeous and the whole weaving community is one that I really want to know better.. Its just not my time right now.. with 3 little ones...none of them are in school full-time, my time for these things just isn't my own..y.e.t. I can see it coming though fast and furious...In the meantime, I've been paying close attention to my mothering mentors who constantly tell me how quickly it all goes and I don't want to hurry a moment of it! So here's to squeezing in a moment or 2 of creativity to keep us sharp and full of vitality!
Many smiles to you!!! Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:50:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia-

Here is the information about the merit badges!
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl-sisterhood/merit-badges.asp

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  12:44:11 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited, too! I'm picking out a notebook as my Farmgirl Sister book, too - it is so wonderful to have the opportunity to, like Julia said, squeeze in a moment or two for myself. AND, on the outside farmgirl stuff, there's no saying that my little ones can't lend a hand...or two...or three...or four...!

YAY for Farmgirl Sisters!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!

Edited by - Libbie on Nov 28 2007 12:44:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  1:50:03 PM  Show Profile
I have printed off all of the merit badge information and will be putting my notebook together tonight. :) This reminds me of the Pursuit of Excellence program in Relief Society, which I love doing. This just gives me more opportunities to learn new things!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  3:40:59 PM  Show Profile
I was thinking that same thing Karin..or the young women program...I love it!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  4:21:11 PM  Show Profile
I need to get a denim jacket. Maybe when I get my Christmas bonus. I have already picked out a few badges to start on too. I am so excited.

Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
BLOG
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  7:08:34 PM  Show Profile
I get it! Fabulous!! I was excited about the sisterhood thing before and now I'm over the moon..need time to process what I want to do first!
I did make a doll this year for my niece..She is a monster I named Matilda...my niece is in a monster phase right now. She is a complete invention of my imagination..design and all. I made her using nothing but scraps I had laying around. The BEST part is her dress..it is black with electric green spider webs all over it. It glows in the dark! I'm making my niece a matching skirt too..for christmas. If I have time, I plan to put Matilda all over the farm and snatch her picture. I'll write a little, Matilda's adventure story or something.. CUTE! Now I need to do something similar and donate it.. I'm completely inspired.. This is so wonderful! I need to buckle down and learn to post pictures. For some silly reason I have a total block of insecurity when it comes to that...a little encouragement please!!! lol..
Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  8:09:46 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies, I cannot begin to tell you how overjoyed I am to start to work on the badges too! What a great idea to get a journal to keep track of it all. There are so many things to work on. Julia, I would love to see Matilda! She sounds absolutely perfect. I wish I had learned to make dolls when my daughter was little. I will wait patiently until I am someday a grandma!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

For the best in Holiday Gift Giving check out- http://products.maryjanesfarm.org/pfoshop/holiday_gift_ideas.asp
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  5:46:58 PM  Show Profile
This is so fantastic! I'm looking forward to it.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9427 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9427 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  3:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I found a denim jacket for the badges that I hope to earn. I found at Goodwill yesterday. I was so excited to find one and it was the only one. Was great that it was my size too. Must have been meant to be.

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2007 :  4:58:46 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!!! It WAS meant to be! Mine was a hand me down too!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  07:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I need to pick out a fun notebook too....I put a good order in last week to the site and can't wait to start on badges this is totally fun!

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16448 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16448 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  08:39:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi farmgirls,

Keep in mind that we'll be adding levels and categories to our merit badges over time. We won't change what we already have (for those of you working on a category and level already), but we will start adding a date every time at the top when we update them so you can keep track of what version you're looking at. It's a idea that can't help but grow and grow! In fact, this idea feels like it's busting out at the seams!!

MaryJane

P.S. The question came up whether or not you can start at the expert level. The answer is no, you have to complete all three levels by starting at the beginner level. Right now, we're still sketching the designs for our merit badges, but don't hold your horses on account of us! There's plenty of good starting places.

MaryJane
Farmgirl Sister No. 1
Head Head Hencho

Look for my new book, "MaryJane's Stitching Room," in bookstores now. Coming next in 2008: "MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook - for Cultivating Your Inner Wild."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  08:57:16 AM  Show Profile
I love it..this is the most fun idea ever!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  09:17:25 AM  Show Profile
So fun!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2007 :  08:11:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to make a brownie-type sash to wear mine on...along with my apron and my cowboy boots!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Official Farmgirl Sisterhood Members: Previous Topic working on merit badges!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page