Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 my brother
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic my brother Next Topic  

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  03:52:56 AM  Show Profile
Someone please remember my brother and his family this Tuesday.

He and his X are going to court basicaslly because she hasn't been following what the judge mandated years ago. Essenatially my brother missed out on seeing his oldest son for almost a YEAR!

Come to find out through psych evaluations, he actually want to spend MORE time with him! The mom is a sicko, obviously very mad at being taken to task ,but she never once has put the best interests of her kids first.

My brother has done the best he can, is ALWAYS there for school conferences and related activities. So for once he is not the dead beat dad.

My parents are headed down too. For moral support. They won't be able to be in the same rom, but will be able to council him if he needs it.

divorce is never a good thing

thanks ladies

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  05:37:05 AM  Show Profile
Those custody/visitation issues are sometimes so very hard, aren't they? Sounds like your brother has lots of family support, and I will keep him in my thoughts tomorrow as well. May the spirit of THANKSGIVING be in all their hearts tomorrow.

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  11:14:36 PM  Show Profile
Will be praying.
Cs

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  11:31:47 PM  Show Profile
I will sure keep your brother and family in my prayers. My son is going through much the same thing (custody stuff..divorce is final on Saturday after 3 years from the time they split up) he has been lucky enough to have his little girl half the time though. That is wonderful that your brother will have family support there...I will sure remember him tomorrow!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  03:35:39 AM  Show Profile
Well, I got the call this past tuesday evening and it wasn't good.

Basically the kid's best interests are not being thought of. Instead the X'x lawyer is trying to squeeze 10,000 out in fees. Brother countered with 500.

The x really had no intention of listening to anything and has even gotten ahold of 300.00 MORE for "child support". Nevermind we have seen her tool aroun din anhuge black SUV and the boys talk about the boyfriend's boat. The x is just tyring to stick it to my brother.

We have a feeling the x will try and draw this porcess out into contiunences. The next big time court date will be December 17.

The folks will travel back down for more support. The x thinks this is all their idea and pretty much hates them too. Nevermind thay would just like to see their grandkids and my brother see his kids a little more.

Stay tuned and keep praying!

Thank you thus far
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  07:49:42 AM  Show Profile
Anna, I am sorry that your brother and the rest of you are going through this. It is so stressful. I feel really sorry for the kids. This effects them more than any adult realizes. I hope and pray things can be resolved amicably for your brother and the kids sake.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you

Meantime, I'll also continue to pray stay tuned for an update closer to December 17.

I think this year's jelly sales will go for some of my brother's Christmas. (I'll sell my wares next Tuesday/Wednesday in our employee craft fair) Our folks will drive down again for the court date in December , so I'll include a pretty card and a cachier's check and pray for the best.
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2007 :  03:37:45 AM  Show Profile
Just as we suspected. My brother's X asked for a continuance. Good news is, my brother agreed-- only if he could have his boys for the entire Christmas week.

Jelly sales were out of this world. I sold out! So a big fat check was sent to my brother. He was speechless.

So for now there is a lull.
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic my brother Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page