Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Please vote to help my dh & his animal shelter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Please vote to help my dh & his animal shelter Next Topic  

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  4:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Our shelter needs your help.
Hills Science Diet is having a contest to choose a cat and dog, adopted from shelters across the country, that best represent the thousands of animals those shelters handle each year that need a second chance in a loving home. Not the cutest kitten or puppy that comes into the shelter and is easy to adopt. Not the pure breed adult cat or dog that everybody wants. Not the pet that is special in any way, but one that represents the thousands of animals that have only one special thing going for them..... the infinite amount of love they will give to the person that is lucky enough to become their "parent".
Smokey is one of these nominees but, he was adopted from the New Albany Floyd County Animal Shelter!
He's just an ordinary gray cat like thousands of other ordinary gray cats. He doesn't do tricks. He probably wouldn't win a beauty contest. He was just an abandoned cat, desperate for a new home, who wasn't too proud to stick out his paw to shake hands and beg for someone to take him home..... to give him another chance..... to love him. Just an ordinary cat who has given his new "parents" total devotion and love in return.
If Smokey wins, our shelter can win $10,000.00 plus free food to help the many animals like him that are waiting for their second chance.
Please vote for Smokey.
Go to www.hillspet.com and at the top right of the screen, choose option 3 in the info section. Click on vote now and register. (You can opt not to receive the e-mail) Then you can vote once a day until the end of the month. Please send this to your email list.
PLEASE VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!
Thanks so much

David L. Hall
Shelter Director
New Albany Floyd Co.
Animal Control and Shelter

Please go to this website and vote so my husband's tiny and extremely underfunded animal shelter can win this much needed money and food from Hill's. Thanks VERY, VERY much for helping him out!

**Bumping this up - please vote (you get one vote a day) until the end of November. Thanks for helping!
Janice Hall - Miss Bee Haven

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Nov 21 2007 06:42:24 AM

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile
I voted for Smokey! In honor of our two cats and our beloved Thumbkin, whom we had to put to sleep two weeks ago.

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2007 :  6:22:54 PM  Show Profile
I tryied to vote but being in Kuwait their web site doesn't allow me to.
I hope Smokey and all your fur friends win the prize, good luck.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  06:40:57 AM  Show Profile
I voted, Janice! I voted for Smokey, and I had to really struggle with my dog vote. Picking one is impossible!

Hey, Janice!!!! Is there anything we can do for your husband's shelter, besides voting? Do they need any kind of supplies, towels, or what have you? Having worked in a shelter, I know that times can get pretty lean, so please let me know.

Hey farmgirls, wonder if we could all contribute a little care package to Janice's husband's labor of true love?

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Jonni and all Farmgirls,
Jonni you are correct, "times can get pretty lean" in this buisness we work alot from the heart here but in answer to your thoughts about a collection. We are "OK" at this time of the year because alot of folks are in the giving spirit.
On behalf of The New Albany/ Floyd County Animal Control and Shelter employees, volunteers and animals, I sincerely thank you for your marvelous idea to do a collection. This is a wonderful way to help homeless companion animals so maybe farmgirls can think and help a local shelter.
Animal Shelters close to you can be found at http://www.petfinder.com/
This is such a great idea that maybe sometime next year we could do something across the nation with Mary Jane / Farmgirls and Petfinder, a real grass roots type thing. At the present time just VOTE! You can do it once a day till Nov 30, 2007.
David Hall

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  07:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Janice,
What a wonderful cause to be able to participate in! Thanks for making this available to all of the farmgirls! I've voted and will continue to do so through the 30th! Goooooooo Smokey!

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  08:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, everybody. Every vote helps!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2007 :  5:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Janice,
I'm heading over to vote right now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smokey just got another vote!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 19 2007 5:53:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  07:17:15 AM  Show Profile
I've voted everyday since your original post. Friends have, too. Yay!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  07:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Jonni! And please thank your friends, too! Every vote helps! ;) My dh is constantly trying to find ways to help his shelter, whether by finding creative ways to make adoption more affordable or just doing things himself(their plants/landscaping were our plants, and their hand tools are usually ours, too! LOL!) I actually cook for the cockatoo that lives there, and we buy all his food. Of course, he's going to the farm when we go!:D

Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  07:37:12 AM  Show Profile
I just voted for your sweet Smokey and will do more. I hope he wins!

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  7:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Smokey got my vote! I adopted a kitten at our local shelter on Friday. He is so cute. We named him Pete :)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  06:47:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Lainey! Thanks Cheryl - and good for you and sweet little Pete! Give him a little kiss from me! :)

Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  07:00:41 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message

I voted for Smokey! I know how important shelters are thanks for the hard work that you all put in to running one.

Appalachian Girl Jem
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  11:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I found this link thanks to Corinne who so generously donated to our farmgirl Candaces benevolent fund. (Hogs & Quiches).
I am now registered and will vote every day. Since I work with 4 other farmgirls in our chapter I will get them to register and vote every day also.
Farmgirls Rule!
idcityrose

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Please vote to help my dh & his animal shelter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page