Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Prayers for daughter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for daughter Next Topic  

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  5:41:51 PM  Show Profile
Our 15 year old has been having this odd, yet occasional, twitch in her right arm and occasionally in her right leg over the past two weeks. Today, it has escalated to the point that her arm will not stop moving. She was walking in the store and almost fell because her leg twitched.

I took her to the chirporactor and the accupuncturist did a session on her this afternoon. The twitching stopped for about 15 minutes, but came right back.

I have an appointment with our family doctor tomorrow and will likely get referred to a neurologist.

She's very upset about it and her arm really hurts because of all the muscle contractions.

Please add Mariah to your prayer lists. Maybe her momma too???

Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:20:50 PM  Show Profile
will pray for you both. hugs, Tina

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  7:41:23 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely. I hope it's nothing serious--I'm sure she's very frightened, and that must be very hard on you! Keep us posted, and hopefully if you do get referred to a neurologist, they can come up with an answer quickly. Nothing is worse than the wait.

Thinking of you both.

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2007 :  9:29:50 PM  Show Profile
Happy thoughts for both of you. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:48:37 AM  Show Profile
I'm praying for Mariah and for you, too, Angie. I'm glad you're seeing the doc, but hoping the problem isn't a serious one. Hugs!

Ann
Sairy Hill Thicket
There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I'll be praying for you all!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  09:41:29 AM  Show Profile
I'll be thinking of you and your daughter and praying that it's nothing serious.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  09:56:26 AM  Show Profile
I hate to be the doom crow, but even the more scary things that could be wrong are much better controlled these days. My Nephew is epileptic and is becoming a life guard, is a champion swimmer and wants to join the coast guard. I will pray for you and Mariah and hope that what ever it is can be dealt with quickly

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  10:03:23 AM  Show Profile
THanks for all your good thoughts. We are going to the family doctor in about an hour. I keep hoping it's nothing serious, but the muscle spasms just won't stop. SHe's so very tired at this point and her arm is sore and painful. Again, thanks for your prayers, mine seem to be hitting the ceiling and falling back down on my head. =)

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  10:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Angie I will be thinking about both of you. Please update when you can.

Mama to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  12:41:40 PM  Show Profile
Lots of prayers for help and answers.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  2:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Latest.... The "differential" diagnosis- which basically means "I don't have a clue" is neurological, cervical nerve issue or Turrettes. She goes in for an MRI tomorrow morning and blood work at the hospital. THe nurse tried three times to draw blood and couldn't get any. So now she is a very unhappy pincushion. I think the only thing he could have said which would have been worse than Turrettes is brain tumor.

So I have a VERY unhappy, shaking, twitching 15 year old that is on valium - which doesn't stop the tremors at all like it's supposed to.

Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  3:02:05 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I'm so sorry for both of you going through this ordeal. She likely needs an anticonvulsant. I'm on one for mild epilepsy. I can sympathize for your girl feeling like a pin cushion...don't be afraid to get a second opinion if you feel that you need one. I know you are very distressed right now, but I do believe that the Lord is listening to you. Try to breathe and have a cup of coffee/tea and be thankful that they are so quick to be to look into the issue...poor Mariah! I hope that the valium kicks in...can you up the dose at all? did the doctor say what to do if the med didn't work? The poor little lady needs rest. You do too! Sorry to be nosy, just worried.

Blessings on you both and I'm thinking of you

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Angie, I will be praying for you and Mariah both. Don't get too frightened, if it is Tourettes. My grandson has it. He will be 15 in Feb. he has had it for at least 2 yrs.He takes medication for it and it has all but disappeared. He shook his head violently and blinked his eyes constantly, he also yelled out in class. I am sure whatever it is the Dr. will be able to help you. I do agree if you are not happy woth this Dr. get another opinion.

My prayers are with you.
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  7:15:16 PM  Show Profile
Angie, you and Mariah will be in my prayers. I hope everything turns out ok. Take care.

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  10:11:07 PM  Show Profile
Angie,
first 0f all Hugs t0 y0u, yes praying f0r y0u and Mariah, believeing f0r the all the answers that y0u need and a treatment that d0es the j0b.
Hugs,
CS

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile
We spent 6 hours at Seattle Children's Hospital last night because I was just not comfortable with waiting for up to two or more weeks to get in to see a neurologist. Mariah was in tears for hours after seeing our family doctor because his first thought, or least comment, was tourettes. THe valium didn't do anything to stop the movement.

So we saw 3 doctors, including a neurologist. Got two of the most extensive neuological physical exams I have seen to date. The neurologist was a resident, which is ok, she was on the phone with the attending for some time and it was a team effort with the other doctors who came into see her.

Anyway, she said No Tourettes. No seizure. No neurological comprimise. Don't know what it is exactly, but it's such a relief to know what it is not. They changed the medication which seemed to help last night and canceled the weird one our doctor wanted her to try.

SO we still have an exhausted, twitchy daughter... but a much calmer heart and a plan. The ER doctor encouraged us to go to the acupuncturist, do massage, and whatever holistic things appropriate to help out. I was impressed by that actually.

Thank you all SOOOOOO much for your prayers and good wishes. So long as thing stay on the current path, and nothing else develops, she should be getting better soon.

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2007 :  09:40:57 AM  Show Profile
Angie I will e-mail you directly.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  8:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Again- Thanks for your prayers and thoughts on our behalf. We finally got home tonight after being in the hospital since Sunday night. She had a mild headache most of the day Sunday which progressed into the worst headache of her life. So the guys came from the fire station and took us priority to the hospital where she was put on morphine. We've spent the last few days going through every imaginable test to try to figure out what it is. So, we still don't know what it is. They are leaning towards a post-strep infection condition which causes tremors and other issues. They do not think the headache is related to the tremors, but are not totally sure.

So we are glad to be home. Glad to have ruled out all the really serious stuff like meningitis, tumors, epilepsy, etc. We have to do follow up appointments and wait for more test results. I am glad to be able to sleep in my own bed tonight!

Thanks again!

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  10:47:38 PM  Show Profile
will continue to pray for you and Mariah. big hugs to you both.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  7:42:58 PM  Show Profile
Just wondering how your daughter is doing now. Still praying for her!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2007 :  9:46:13 PM  Show Profile
Dear Angie,
Just read your post and want you to know that I am praying for both you and Mariah. I have been in your position of not knowing and it not a pleasant place to be. I feel your heartache, but please know that when you're too tired to pray, I'll be here praying for you.

Praying that the Lord grants you comfort & peace of mind as you help your sweet daughter through this trial.

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." Jim Elliot
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  06:56:23 AM  Show Profile
jut ending more hugs and prayers your way, i really hope this passes soon for you, felling sad for your baby.

xoxxo MERRY CHRISTMAS xoxxo
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Prayers for daughter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page