Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  8:06:39 PM  Show Profile
I am so excited to tell you girls about the great Rainbow vac that I found on ebay for $299. The machine is just like new even comes with a 2 year warranty on parts and labor and 100% SG. I have had it one week and love it.

I had a Rainbow 22 years ago for 2 years and it quit working probably because I was too lazy to empty the water and I swore I would never buy another one, until I used my daughters new one ($1800).
I have been thru probably 10 vacs since my Rainbow and have not had that quality in any of them. Most not worth the effort to carry them in the house. I think I have grown up now and will have no problem emptying the water. It feels really good to have a clean house again. If only it could load the dishwasher for me!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Loving Living Simply!

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  04:20:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Becky, I use one of the old model rainbow vacs. Works good, but the plastic is getting pretty brittle. I have taped and glued different parts. Keep dumping that water!!! Michele
Go to Top of Page

MereOnceMoore
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Meredith
IL
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  1:01:40 PM  Show Profile
I overheard someone at the health food store talk about putting a little wintergreen in the water and her home smells so fresh all the time.

Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2008 :  4:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I want to try a Rainbow vacuum! They sound fantastic!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Please come visit Nora and I our our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  10:50:18 AM  Show Profile
I love love love mine and I am good at emptying the water. I got such a really great deal on mine. The ebay seller was samdogsales.

I reccomend a rainbow for any one. I'll have to try the wintergreen. It is a warm day today and I have the windows open but still need a little help, that would smell great.
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2008 :  09:16:35 AM  Show Profile
Becky what a lucky find.(did you get that little "praites chest box of goodies when you bought yours?(the 1st one) I remember the sales man giving me a little box just for letting him give us a demo on the vac...(back in 1973).

I remember the Rainbow vacuum so well... my DH & I had been barely married a year & a man came to the house to give us a demonstration of the Rainbow. It was really cool, but we were poor as chruch mice and had to tell the salesman no to him & his easy payments. "Don't spend what you don't have" was our motto then & now.
With 4 kittie, maybe I need one...
I'll have to keep my eyes open on ebay...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com

Edited by - katmom on Feb 24 2008 09:23:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2008 :  8:08:38 PM  Show Profile
I still laugh at our "newly wed" vaccum story. We too were absolutely broke and this guy came and did this rediculously long demo. They even had a trip to the Carribean . . . but we had to provide our own air fare?! Anyway, finally when the guy said it was "21" my DH said, "I know it is probably a great deal, but right now we just don't have $21.00 to spend." The poor salesman's mouth dropped open as he clarifed to my poor dumb husband, "Umm, actually that is $2,100.00!" LOL! My husband wasn't even going to buy it for $21.00! But I must say, there is a part of me that wishes we would have gotten it. We keep buying Kenmore's because they are rated the best for "suction" but I swear they are made of the wimpiest plastic. They break if you look at them wrong. So I have been eyeballing vintage vacs. from the days that things were all metal. Perhaps an old electralux?

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  7:47:20 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda, I love the old canister electralux canisters... That's all my mom had while I was groing up and here is the best part,,,,when you needed to inflate a camping type air mattress,,,,ya just hold the valve up to the back end of the electralux and it would inflate the mattress liclity split!...oops, there I go again, "triping down memory lane".
Now I wish I had both the Rainbow & electralux....

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

Farm Girl 2
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Becky
Willis VA
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  4:03:03 PM  Show Profile
Girls we better watch or we will be telling our age! As I have already stated I am in love with my Rainbow but I have a very funny vac story too.

We were young married kids and were living with my father-in-law while building a house and my dh had promised me a new Electrolux when we moved in the new house. We were almost finished with the house and here come an Electolux salesman to our door. I was doing the peepee dance I was so excited, I just knew I would be getting this one. Well he went on with the demo and then the price (of course I can't remember how much but it seemed like such a bargain to me) and I told him I would have to walk up to the barn where my husband was and ask him.

The salesman walked with me also excited cause he knew he had made a sale. He could see our new log house out thru the hayfield and was so complimentary and gracious. Then we reached the barn/workshop and under a welding hat was my dearest husband all hot and dirty and sweaty and tired (some piece of machinery was broke down and he was not in a good mood at all)and for some reason he did not take too well to a vac salesman at that particular time and was very rude to him and basically ran him off telling him we had no money and we would call him when we did.

Of course I was in turn mad and stomped back to the house but I was not nearly as upset as the vac guy. He was huffing and puffing all the way to the house muttering under his breath "Men" ..."If he had to do the house work I bet he would have a nice new Electrolux"..."Men I just don't understand men" Well by then I was so tickled at this man doing the man bashing that I forgot I was mad at mine. We have both laughed about that for years................

Hugs to you all!
Becky

Loving Living Simply!
http://sunnymorningfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic My "New -Old Rainbow" vac Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page