True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Erica
North Dakota
USA
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  05:12:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals,

I thought I would give you all something to laugh about today...well I think it is funny and if you really knew me you would think it is funny too...so here is a little background info before I post my email....I moved to my little house in the corn fields in May to be near family while my wonderfully sweet DH is deployed to Iraq for a year. Well, I said I wanted to be near family, and most military spouses want to be near family to receive support from them right? Well, that is not my case because I have masterfully (is that a word) convinced them all, ecspecially the 2 senior citizens in my life, that I am a capable, fully together, organized wife who is quite skillfull at anything they ask her to do...which is a lot by the way! I take them to all their appts, grocery store, listen to them complain about other family members, hear their elderly medical woes...which are worrisome to me, but I feel I am losing my spunk at 35 and am needing a retirement home with them...:) sounds like a vacation at this point;) So, yesterday I had all these good ideas to clean the house, because I knew the rest of my week would be filled up with driving the "senior citizen cab service"...which I do not charge for and does cost me about $100.00 a week in gas...maybe I should trade in my minivan for a bug....less gas, less insurance, and less room for people...oh, I have 3 kids and a dog, 4 cats..would they all fit in a bug, ok I will keep the van...sorry I am rambling...anyway back to the cleaning...one room got done...took me about 12 hours, because I couldn't sleep the night before and had a migraine when I did wake...maybe my body is trying to tell me something....anyway, here we are at today ...don't want to leave the living room (it is the room I cleaned yesterday and I am scared to enter other rooms:), so my DH sends me an email that he received Grandma's Thanksgiving card and I should tell her, which btw, I have to write because she is 88 and says she can't write anymore, but she manages to cash checks and write stuff, I see it all the time in her house....sorry rambling again..must be leftover brain problems with the migraine...so here is my response to my DH...enjoy....

"Ok, I will let her know...when I take her to Weis.....don't know when, don't really want too, but I will, because I know it makes you happy, right? Are you happy? Am I happy? Sometimes I think I am and then I immediately feel guilty because a wife shouldn't be happy without her husband...is there something wrong with me when I am happy and you are not here? Maybe there is just something wrong with me period....maybe I am losing it and really don't know it, but everyone else around me does and they don't want to say anything, because then they will not have anyone to take them to the grocery store or where ever it is they want to go...so they must be nutz too for getting in a vehicle with a crazy woman...maybe we are all crazy and just don't know it...I don't know anymore, but I do know this is making my head hurt and I just got over yesterdays headache and really need my head for today, because yesterday was a disaster and I can't have today be a disaster as well...i must be crazy...crazy in love with you soldier...love, me:)"

Do you think I need to see a dr...just kidding, I am trying to make light of my life...which is about all I can do lately...Hugs, Erica

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  08:56:10 AM  Show Profile
It's normal not crazy! Great you have something to do while he's gone -- just remember that you need taking care of too once in a while! Just spent the weekend with 300 other military wives and sending you a collective hug from the sisterhood of women who's hubbies have been or are at war!!!

Feel free to email me personally if you like.

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2007 :  08:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Erica, Crazy is OK!!!! I think it's the norm these days. It's Ok to be happy even though your hubby is far away. Unhappy would be way worse! As for the old people enjoy them as you may be the only person who truly is a friend to them and they need friends to help them. Our turn will come and I hope some day a nice young woman like yourself will help me with my groceries and card writing and listen to me repeat myself a dozen times until they think their head will pop off. I too took care of an elderly lady for 14 years. I miss her so even though there was days (everyday) when the phone was ringing even before I got into the house from the garage from work. When I would answer their was Helen asking me what I was doing? Dah! I just got home from work and was setting my purse down. But then I had to laugh to myself as I know she had been waiting at the back bedroom window for who knows how long waiting for me to pull into the driveway so she could hobble her way to the kitchen to rotary dial my number. God Bless you and let your hubby know we are proud of his sacrifice and we are of you and your sacrifice.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Funny email to my soldier Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page