Author Try This: Previous Topic Honey and Cinnamon Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2004 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile
I just received this info in an email and while I've not tired these remedies, they make sense and seem worth a look. Have any of you had experience with these? I'm always interested in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine techniques, which use natural remedies such as these, so I found it quite interesting. I have a bit of a cold today, so I'm going to try the cold remedy and see how it works for me. Love to hear others thoughts too. Here is the article:
Facts on honey and cinnamon:
It is found that mixture of Honey and Cinnamon cures most of the diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world.
Ayurvedic as well as Yunani medicine have been using honey as a vital medicine for centuries.
Scientists of today also accept honey as a "Ram Ban" (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases.
Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients.
Weekly World News, a magazine in Canada, on its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by Honey and Cinnamon as researched by western scientists.
HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, chappati, or other bread, instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also those who already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.
Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as age the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalizes the arteries and veins.
INSECT BITES: Take one part honey to two parts of lukewarm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder, make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly. It is noticed that the pain recedes within a minute or two.
ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured.
In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
HAIR LOSS: Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approx. 15 min. and then wash the hair. It was found to be effective even if kept on for 5 minutes.
BLADDER INFECTIONS: Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.
TOOTHACHE: Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be applied 3 times a day till the tooth stops aching.
CHOLESTEROL: Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient, was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken 3 times a day, any Chronic cholesterol is cured. As per information received in the said journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol.
COLDS: Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.
INFERTILITY: Yunani and Ayurvedic Medicine have been using honey for thousands of years to strengthen the semen of men. If impotent men regularly take two tablespoon of honey before going to sleep, their problem will be solved.
In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women, who do not conceive and need to strengthen the uterus, have been taking cinnamon powder for centuries. Women who cannot conceive may take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.
A couple in Maryland, USA, had no children for 14 years and had lost hope of having a child of their own. When told about this process, husband and wife started taking honey and cinnamon as stated above; the wife conceived after a few months and had twins at full term.
UPSET STOMACH: Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomachache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.
GAS: According to the studies done in India & Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
IMMUNE SYSTEM: Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacteria and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacteria and viral diseases.
INDIGESTION: Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.
INFLUENZA: A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu.
LONGEVITY: Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly arrests the ravages of old age. Take 4 spoons of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.
Life spans also increases and even a 100 year old, starts performing the chores of a 20-year-old.
PIMPLES: Three tablespoons of Honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.
SKIN INFECTIONS: Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
WEIGHT LOSS: Daily in the morning 1/2 hour before breakfast on an empty stomach and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one-cup water. If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person.
Also, drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
CANCER: Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month 3 times a day.
FATIGUE: Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon power in equal parts, are more alert and flexible.
Dr. Milton who has done research says that a half tablespoon honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3.00 p.m. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.
BAD BREATH: People of South America, first thing in the morning gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water. So their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
HEARING LOSS: Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder taken in equal parts restore hearing.

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural

Paula J.
True Blue Farmgirl

68 Posts

Paula
OK
USA
68 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2004 :  8:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Paula J. an AOL message  Click to see Paula J.'s MSN Messenger address
Clare,

This is so interesting. Thanks so much for sending it. I *try* do drink a cup of hot water w/1 tsp ACV and 1 tsp honey in it every morning. Good for digestion and clearing out the system.

I'm particularly interested in the info re: skin problems. I have an ongoing problem with my Welsh Terrier. His skin is absolutely horrible and none of the vets I've consulted (two allopathic and one holistic) have been able to help long-term. So I'm going to try the honey and cinammon tomorrow and see how it does. At this point, it certainly couldn't hurt!

Fondly,

pj
[quote]Originally posted by Clare

Paula J.
northeastern Oklahoma
dragonflybodywork@earthlink.net
Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  8:03:40 PM  Show Profile
Clare, I wished you lived close enough to visit, I think you and I could be good friends, we seem to have a lot of common interests. I just read a lot about how healthful cinnamon is, and took the jar out from the cupboard so I use it more often. For years I have been using elderberry capsules, or juice (unsweetened, 1-2 tsp. in water), beginning in Oct. through the winter, once a day. I can honestly say I have not had a cold since I started this remedy. I also buy organic whole honey from a health food store here (the honey is in a jar and contains everything, the pollen, wax, etc.) I do believe this has helped also. I'm now almost 57, went through "the change" at 50 and have yet to have a hot flash. I do believe some of the herbal remedies have a lot to do with it. I am now experimenting with using turmeric capsule for osteoarthritis, but haven't been using it long enough to see if it works.

Cecelia

ce's farm
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2004 :  9:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Cecelia! Yes, it would be nice if we could visit in the real world. Maybe one of these years MJ will organize a get-together for all of us. Wouldn't that be a hoot! It would have to be a week long for us to talk about all of our interests, wouldn't it?! Thanks for the recommendations, too. I've made a note and will give those a try! Cheerio!
P.S. The honey and cinnamon for my cold yesterday seemed to help quite a bit. Most symptoms are now gone, a slight fever remains -(altho it's kinda hard to tell because it's been 100 degrees here this week! Yikes!). I'd better incorporate elderberry into my routine soon, sounds like.

Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural

Edited by - Clare on Jun 23 2004 9:24:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

truly8198
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Denise
New Brunswick
Canada
21 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  04:39:55 AM  Show Profile
I'd be interested in the weight loss... Did it say how much honey & cinnamon to boil? I wonder if it actually works... Hmm... I could sure use to shed about 30 lbs.!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  2:41:17 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I do the apple cider and vinegar mixture too. Cleans me out and I have energy. I usually take extra when I am tired or starting to feel sick. My mom told me that my Papa used to make a gallon of this mixture(I think she said 1 cup vinegar, 1 cup honey. fill the rest with water) and take it out in the fields with him for a day of work on the farm. Supposedly it quenches your thirst and gives you energy. I like it because it is natural. Anyone else try this mixture? Why and what benefits??

Edited by - catscharm74 on May 25 2005 2:51:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  2:50:36 PM  Show Profile
I've heard of apple cider vinegar diluted with water... has all sorts of health benefits associated with it!

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - May 25 2005 :  6:11:47 PM  Show Profile
My dad and stepmom do Apple Cider Vinegar and water. I have heard and read tons of stuff on cinnamon.

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  7:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
In my home town in Wyoming we recently got two internist doctors that went to school at John's Hopkins. The lady doctor told my mother that each woman should be consuming about 2 tablespoons of cinnamon a day because of all the wonderful health effects it has including helping with cholesterol and menopause.

It is amazing that one of the most common herbs can be so helpful! T

Ciao

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2005 :  10:11:02 PM  Show Profile
Wow..2 tablespoons..that is alot to take. I love cinnamon but wow.
I bought some good apple cider vinegar this week and plan to try that...always meant to and this was a good reminder.

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  1:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
I knew ther was a reason I loved apples honey and cinnamon!
I make my apple pies without sugar, just a bit of honey and Alot of cinnamon and nutmeg.

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page

WednesdaysChild
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Mandy
Suncheon
Korea
33 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2006 :  6:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Equal parts apple cider and vinegar has been a "cure-all" remedy of old-timers and sea-dogs for as long as I can rememeber. Mix up a batch and take a big tablespoon morning and night. I did this for a while and felt great - especially my aches and pains. Ive been told the old fisherman do this religiously and it protects them from arthritis pain in all the damp and cold weather they constantly work in. If I took it on an empty stomach though, it gave me heartburn, so a piece of bread or a few crackers were good if it was not a meal-time.

Mandy

A Canadian farmgirl in S. Korea.
Go to Top of Page

lawsec03
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Melissa
Richmond KY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  6:47:55 PM  Show Profile
I have been researching all kinds of natural remedies. Thanks for the honey and cinnammon tips, I hadn't found those yet. I bought a book this weekend written by Paul Bragg about ACV. Man, the things that stuff does! I even went to the health food store to buy the "real" ACV, not the stuff you get at the grocery store.
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2006 :  9:38:45 PM  Show Profile
It's funny that you posted on this because just the other day I was at Wal-Mart and saw Cinnamon in the vitamins section. Cinnamon caplets. I wondered what it was good for. I knew it was pretty good, just couldn't remember why.

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  06:30:04 AM  Show Profile
oh Clare I have missed you on this forum, so very good to hear your words of wisdom again. Thanks for all that info. I am a honey nut but I havent mixed it w/ cinn. but I will now. Thanks.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  10:53:45 AM  Show Profile
I have heard that cinammon is also good in helping to control blood sugar levels. We use a lot of it at home for this reason. I'll have to look for the caplets.

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2006 :  4:43:44 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE cinnamon and honey!

I attended a beekeeping session at a state park recently and there was a gentleman there from Hillsboro, Ohio who gave a talk on apitherapy. I believe his name was Jim Higgins but I would have to find my notes to make sure.

Anyway I learned a lot of testimonials about honey that day!

If you search google for apitherapy you might find some information on medicinal uses of honey as well as royal jelly, propolis, beeswax, and bee venom therapy.

BTW I have cinnamon for sale at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

prairiemomma
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Cherri
McPherson KS
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2006 :  10:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Click to see prairiemomma's MSN Messenger address
What wonderful, valuable information! Thanks for all the good info! I too am looking for something to help aid weight loss and help with arthritis. I'm sure that if I could lose the weight it would help tremendously. I don't believe in up and down yo-yo dieting~too hard on our body. I'm learning more about herbs and natural remedies and it just makes so much sense. I will be trying some of these ideas.....thanks girls! ~Prairiemomma~

Living simply with hopefulness and joy!
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Honey and Cinnamon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page