Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 The inlaws are upset with me AGAIN...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic The inlaws are upset with me AGAIN... Next Topic
Page: of 2

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  08:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Welp, you're right just something happens and we get into a 'discussion' and, just yesterday as a matter of fact, we got into it again but I'm finally getting to the point (the line wavers from time to time) of let him go and I'll deal with stuff on my own. I like to think I'm pragmatic too and realize they won't ever change but do object being dragged all the time to these functions.

I just recently thought of that I'm so bad at relationships that I'd almost rather not do them, just go it alone. I don't get all the blood stuff and all the drama. Hubby doesn't get it totally but I have pointed out some things that have rocked him back on his heels. I can't believe no one has ever pointed this stuff out to him but I guess not in their trying to get along. *shrugs*

Honestly, venting here has been good for me. To know I'm not alone and be able to spout off and then get different views. I feel a bit strengthened by all this.

Winona :-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  2:28:16 PM  Show Profile
Winona, I can sympathize (sp?) with what you're going through, although I'm not married, and have never married. I think about that sometimes, and I've come to the conclusion that unconciously (sp again...can't spell anymore..lol!) I never wanted to get married. When I was young, I assumed that I would be and have a family, but it was never a great desire. I remember when an uncle would ask me..."So when are you going to get married?" and I would reply, maybe never! I don't regret it, as I'm not too great at relationships (and am pretty independent), even with my immediate family (my older and only sister). We never really got along even when we were growing up, and though we're both in our 50's, I don't think we've ever grown out of it. Don't get me wrong, there are times that we do get along, but we both have to work at it. Our dynamics clash, and we do have our dramas (my fault as well as hers). So as a consequence right now after one of our fights, I'll be going with my aunt and uncle out to dinner for Thanksgiving. That's ok.....I feel I need a good break from her for a while. lol! Well, good luck to you and stand your ground. There are times you have to take a tough position! Otherwise, you would go crazy. :) Families are interesting! Judy

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

Edited by - junkjunkie on Nov 15 2007 4:47:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  8:42:44 PM  Show Profile
I DID IT!! I went to the barn this pm and had a great time. I had dropped hubby off at his parents house and away to the barn I went. When I was 'done' (it was getting pretty dark otherwise I'd still be there) I went back to their house and we ate and then sat around and watched TV (Oregon vs. Arizona). The tension was there from his mother and daughter but I was oblivious and actually had a good time cuz now I just flat don't care and am thru walking on eggshells. I stayed close to hubby and didn't let myself get caught by myself with them and it worked a charm. Even my SIL was decent to me. I get on with men better (but not in relationships it seems) and the guys and I had a great time talking football, which I know nothing about other than a lot of the guys have some cute tushies!!

Maybe I have made a breakthru with your help?? I'd like to think so!! Tmr the girls from the barn and I are going to lunch and hubby is on his own for a bit. I just told him and he said good deal! Well, can you believe???

Wow.

Winona ;-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2007 :  2:21:54 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry, I hope you can work things out. Sometimes it's good to get a bit of space. Good luck!

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2007 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile
I posted it on your other post, but steel ovaries are good. And it feels good to have them.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic The inlaws are upset with me AGAIN... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page