Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Son is home Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello, My oldest son is home on leave from CA until the 23rd. I am sooooo excited he will be here this year for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. He will be in VA. from the end of November to April to train as a Black Hawk Mechanic and Gunner. Flying has always been a dream of his. Sad though he will then leave for Korea in May/June for 2 years and most likely not be home during that time. (Guess mom has to save her pennies for a trip.) Looks like my middle son will be home for at least Christmas before he returns to Iraq for the second time. It is soooo exciting to have my boys home even if it's for such a short time.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  08:21:11 AM  Show Profile
I am so excited for you to have your boys home for the holidays.....or home anytime for that matter. Thank them for me for doing the job they do. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  11:28:23 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you will have your boys with you!! I am at the beginning of my oldest boy being gone soon and look forward to having that joy. I do get to see my big boys in a little over a week ..and sure look forward to that. Have fun with your boys!!!!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  12:30:50 PM  Show Profile
This is such a blessing. I'm so happy for all of you that you get to have this very special time with your boys. Love them extra special for the heroes that they are.

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  1:28:03 PM  Show Profile
Yeah!! I bet your one going to Korea will be able to come home at least once - hubbies been twice unaccompanied and they get midtour leave. But I would love to go to Korea and see it!

Blessings to you and your this Holiday season -- it sure gives Thanksgiving a whole new outlook doesn't it?!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  1:35:32 PM  Show Profile
No kids of my own but anyone wanting a Korea companion, please ask!
Also anyone wanting help making homespun hero welcome home signs, give me a buzz.
I'm just so happy for everyone that gets a kid or three home for the holidays
As Armywifey says, it gives Thankssgiving a whole new turn. =)

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  06:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Thank you for all the wonderful comments. Thank you for supporting our military men and women. My son surprised me yesterday by showing up on my door step to take me and his step dad to lunch. After 3 years in the army he sure has started to become a sensitive thoughtful and more appreciative young man. Holly where was your husband stationed? Did you get to go with him? Bryan said that he is going to use his leave to travel in the area hence the not coming home. Makes me both sad and excited what a wonderful experience for a young man. Annika if you are serious about being a travel companion I will keep you in mind. I asked my mom and she's not to excited about taking a trip to that area. Her first comment was "They have terrible food" Which I can back with "Then I guess we will diet but the history,religious, shopping, and social aspects would far out weigh the food. No comment from her. She real not a traveler more of a tourist. I like to travel and see more then the tourist sights. I like to get right in with the culture. Might be hard this trip as I only speak English and a bit of Spanish. But I am looking at early 2009 for the trip.

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  11:48:12 AM  Show Profile
I am s0 glad and excited f0r y0u, what a w0nderful w0nderful gift getting t0 see y0ur b0ys and spending time with them. Tell them thank y0u f0r all that they d0 f0r us and give them a huge hug!!!!
Cs

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2007 :  5:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo, where in Virginia is your boy stationed? Is it at Langley AFB? I am in Norfolk, which is only about a 30 minute car ride, and I am home through January 10th, so if he wants a home cooked meal, you tell him to give me a call. I will make him something he loves but NOT his favorite food YOU make for him; don't want either of us to suffer that disappointing letdown. (nobody cooks like Mom, right?). Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  09:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Hubby was stationed at Camp Casey the first go round and Camp Hovey the second (they share a fence) they are both in Tongduchon/Tokari (sp?) 30 minutes or less from the DMZ. No I didn't get to go - they were both unacompanied tours (one was 17mo due to the 1st Gulf war and one was "normal" 12 months).
We LOVE Korean food - Bulgogoi is marinated beef and is so yummy! (if son doesn't already know Kulgogi is dog!), I like KimChi (there are many different kinds) but it's not hubby's favorite - he says the whole country smells like it! ;) SoJu is Korean beer- it has formaldyhe in it!
If your son goes with an open mind it could be a wonderful experience! And he can easily hop to Japan, Hawaii and elsewhere! I think it's a great experience for single guys but not always the best if you are married. Prostitution is rampant!

Blessings!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!

http://timsarmywifey.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2007 :  08:41:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Nance, I'm not sure which base he will be at but I will ask him tomorrow. Thank you for the offer. Maybe when I go for graduation I can come for dinner. Love a home cooked meal. Holly, He told me Fort Humphrey (?) He is getting very excited to go I will let him know about the beer and dog. I will also let him know about the ladies. He has said that many have told him he will come home married but he says NO WAY!!!! I'm looking forward to taking a trip to visit him. Should be fun.

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Son is home Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page