Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 I need help w/ dress forms..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I need help w/ dress forms.. Next Topic  

LizDarnell
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Liz
Gulfport MS
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  11:02:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! It has been several months since I have been here, but we are finally moved and settled in Gulfport,MS. So I can finally get back to working on sewing. I was hoping for some advice on dress forms, I have a hard time following patterns and seem to do much better "eye balling" things. I would really like to get a dress form but have no idea what is good, what works well or anything at all about them. I would prefer to buy used since I am a beginner to this. Please any suggestions would be appreciated!!
THANKS!!
~Liz

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  9:53:57 PM  Show Profile
I don't think there is a particular brand better then another just make sure you can adjust measurements so you can match them with yours. Hope that helps you. Check out ebay or thrift stores or even post wanted signs at sewing store or your paper. Hope you find one!

Edited by - cinnamongirl on Oct 30 2007 9:54:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  07:28:47 AM  Show Profile
I have a Singer dress form(goes by the name of Lucille Francine La Bella, Lucy for short)...and wowee...is she ever helpful...adjustable, in both height and size...a thing on the bottom that goes up and down(once you find the right height, it locks in place and spins) for even hemming...
I would suggest just looking around online, reading reviews...Thats what I did..took me a while but I finally picked a good one. Also some stores have one dsplayed, check it out, see if you like the construction...I know at Joanns I think they had the "My Double"(something like that) and it did not seem very well made, especially if you are going to be adjusting dials freguently.
just my thoughts here...hope I was of some help....

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I need help w/ dress forms.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page