Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 cyber chapter idea for small farm n' gardening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic cyber chapter idea for small farm n' gardening Next Topic  

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  12:29:49 PM  Show Profile
I don't/can't travel much at the moment but I am trying to make friends with my new area and climate. I would love to meet others who have similar inclinations and ideas and share projects and friendship. I am no master gardener but I am an enthusiastic mud hen, I love to muck about in the dirt and do projects on my mini bitty farm. I would like to start a cyber chapter with a lean towards home, farm and gardening in the inland NW/Intermountain west.

Focusing on conservation, organic and natural techniques, a fair amount of native plants and healthy small farm, even urban farm living.

Before I jump off the deep end and start such a thing and over extend myself between two cyber chapters, I wanted to know if there is anyone interested in forming up. This would be very different from "Bee's with out Borders", with it's emphasis of sewing and crafting and would help keep me busy and involved. MaryJane, Bev and Beth, I hope I haven't posted in error or stepped on any toes, I really wouldn't mean to. I am just wanting to be involved in more things that interest me and further the cyber chapter idea. I am a cyber-farmgirl to the core and it suits me to help and encourage others to hop in and go green where ever they are. It would be a pretty laid back, do what you can do and share/do projects and info/ideas group. Charities might include, helping out at community gardens, getting fresh food to the food banks, seed saving and sharing and gleaning projects...just some thoughts...

So far it's just something that I'd like to do and am tossing around in my head. Anyone wanna play?

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  1:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I think it is a marvelous idea Annika and I kmight know some garmgirls that would be interested. I will send them your way. I am really trying to do a little bit each day to "Go Green" from making less trips in the car for things to using less electricity and water, better cleaning products.

Let me know if I can help!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  1:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I am interested. While I do some embroidering and teensy bit of sewing, I am more inclined to be outside in the dirt. E-mail me if you want. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  9:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Annika, I am interrested too, even if we live in a very different part of the world, we go as green as possible here, recycle and do a lot of charity acts. The only mud I get, sadly, it with my little herb garden, growing in pots.
Please email me.
Corinne
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  09:48:08 AM  Show Profile
Beth, thank you. I will see what I can pull together and who all wants to join.I will be emailing everyone as soon as I'm not farm sitting and trying to get my other projects off the table. Beth, I will email you for help and chapter information in just a bit.
Because there is such a wide variety of micro climates and personal living situations, gardening will be mostly hints, tips, discussion and projects to do if and when they fit your area and lifestyle. Same with the mini-farm ideas and projects. Anyone can do something to help them selves and their world by being more organic/green recycle/reuse. Farmgirls are a crafty, savvy and resourceful bunch and I just want more of us to stretch our wings and realize the fun and good of having our own gardens and living healthfully from a more organic, less store bought, make-it-your-self life. I think this will be fun and a challenge, because I'm learning too. I'm from the soggy PNW and living in the dry inland NW is a whole'nuther playgroud
Mary Beth, we can share a lot of common seasonal projects and plans. Corinne, you can do a lot with containered "farming" and I would love to hear about life in Kuwait and what you grow.

Talk soon!
I've got a bunch of sheep and goats giving me the "evil eye" and demanding hay and a few projects for Bees with out Borders...I love being a cyber pioneer girl. This is great!

Annika

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2007 :  10:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Annika- just had an idea- when you get this going- a great idea would be for winter gardening and also urban gardening. With my winter climate, an indoor herb or plant garden would be awesome but I have no idea which plants work best, sun- watering etc. I would love to get tips and ideas for that!

Let me know how I can help!

blessings
beth

I Can
beth@maryjanesfarm.org

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Oct 30 2007 09:44:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  08:14:04 AM  Show Profile
I wonder if I could join in on this. I am fairly new and I do not belong to a chapter. I live in Nw up north and I had several micro climates in my yard.

debinmtns
Have a Gratitude Attitude
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  10:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Debi, you are most certainly welcome. Beth can also help you find a local farmgirl chapter if you want some live companionship as well. I'm familiar with the micro climates sounding off from around the yard and going about the ticklish business of finding what will survive where.

Beth, exactly! So this is what I'm going to be working on. Ways to extend seasons, indoor and containered gardening, greenhouses, hoophouses, patio and porch gardens as well as intensive and new ways to get the most out of our growing space while being more organic and healthy for ourselves and the planet. I've gotten passionate about this since moving to Idaho and living on a well system and having to re-learn gardening the hard way...so we will all be learning together.

Annika

Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  12:26:20 PM  Show Profile
actually theres not one around real close, but I am happy buzzing around looking at the forums. I have also mde what I call instant tent. (Poles and plastic) Works wonders. I just got the last tomatoes off the plant the couple of days ago. I mark my microclimates what zones ( when figure out) Bricks, rocks, statues, and it works pretty good. so I have garden by zones and degrees. I made my own garden book ( handwritten) with map and fill in all the info. Now I am in progress of re-doing so you can see a picture, and all the info. I live here for almost 12 years. I also learned the bt trial and error. Its not fun.

debinmtns
Go to Top of Page

debinmtns
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Debi
Hope Idaho
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2007 :  06:56:43 AM  Show Profile
PS. If you need any help , Give me a shout.

debinmtns
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic cyber chapter idea for small farm n' gardening Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page