Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Fires in California...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Fires in California... Next Topic  

Kim Frey
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Kim
Dagsboro DE
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  2:07:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

We don't watch much TV... actually none, because we have no reception... so I'm not usually up on the latest news. Last night, while visiting family we were asked if the fires in California were anywhere near where our daughter is living. We didn't know... she only moved about a week & a half ago and we aren't real familiar with what's close to what out there. I got two more phone calls this morning with the same question, so I thought I'd check out the news to see what the fuss was. And then I called. My daughter can see the Lake Arrowhead fire burning on the mountains that are about an hour away. Strangely enough, I'm not panicking, but we'd sure appreciate prayer for her family's safety!

Thanks!
Kim :-)

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might. ~Ecclesiastes 9:10

www.thistledewmercantile.com

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  3:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Kim, I will say a prayer for her and all those involved. Thanks for letting us know. Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  8:37:02 PM  Show Profile
That is close enough to be scary to me!! I will sure pray that she will be safe! I have alot of family in Calif too..but about 3 hours further north..thankfully!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Fires in California... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page