Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My father is back in the hospital, and....Update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My father is back in the hospital, and....Update Next Topic  

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  5:14:58 PM  Show Profile
After suffering from severe stomach and chest pains yesterday, we brought him to the VA hospital in Atlanta to find that he had had another heart attack and that his blood levels are low. The doctors suspect some sort of internal bleeding, but are not sure from where or where it is going. His responses are a bit slower, and they think that, as well as the heart attack are the result of a lack of oxygen due to the blood loss.
He is doing his best to keep things on a positive keel, but is confusing his doctors by trying to down-play his symptoms. I am sure that the pain meds he is on are not helping him either, as he seems a bit confused at times.
If you would not mind keeping Dad in your thoughts and prayers, I would be ever so grateful. I am remarkedly calm, knowing that he is in the Lord's hands and that whatever the outcome of all of this may be, he will be cared for.
I may be a bit absent for a while, but I will still be thinking about you all. :)

Karin

Dad has been through a number of tests this week, checking for a variety of things that could be wrong. The good news is that there is no cancer in him. He does have a very aggressive blood infection which they are treating with iv antibiotics. He will not come home until next week sometime. His heart is not good. The bypasses he had are now blocked, as well as new blockages that have developed since. His kidney function is decreasing, and the doctors are assuming that the blood flow to other organs are affected as we.. That said, he is remarkably good spirits. I truly believe that prayers were heard and answered for him. We will be grateful for every day that he has and will make sure to take advantage of him being with us still. Thank you for all of your prayers and well-wishes. They have worked a miracle.

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com

Edited by - Mumof3 on Oct 26 2007 7:03:39 PM

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  5:35:03 PM  Show Profile
Karin you know we're here for you Sweet Heart!!

Hug your Dad for me please..
& if i can do anything..please just ask..

love you!
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  6:35:14 PM  Show Profile
O h Karin! i'm soooo sorry to hear this! Love you!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  7:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Karin, so sorry about your dad. will keep him in my thoughts. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  7:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Saying a prayer for your dad. I hope he feels better soon. {{HUGS}}

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  7:51:31 PM  Show Profile
Karin, hugs to you..will pray for your dad.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  8:19:44 PM  Show Profile
Karin, hugs to you and your papa. Maybe you could mention to the doctor that he seems to be putting on a bit much cheer about his symptoms. I'm worried for him :(

He's on my healing wishes list, you take care too

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  8:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
My love and prayers are being sent your way.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  9:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Karin,
yes, praying for your dad and you.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  04:47:49 AM  Show Profile
Karin - will be thinking of your family. Take care of yourself, and give your dad a hug.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  06:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Will sure be thinking of you and your dad, Karin. Those pain meds can make them very confused. Hopefully there will be a happy medium there in a few days. I will be praying for you both!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  07:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Karin, I will be praying for your Dad and I hope he is more stable soon. My prayers are with you too. It is a very rough time for all of you. I'll be thinking of you.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  3:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Karin, you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers; you are right to stay calm, remembering in whose hands all things rest. Hugs to you, Nance
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  4:18:22 PM  Show Profile
(((((Karin & Dad & Family))))) Hugs and Prayers. Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  5:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I am thinking of your family Karin!! Hugs!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2007 :  8:35:36 PM  Show Profile
I will sure have you and your family in my prayers!! I hope your dad is much better soon!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  02:23:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh you sweet, lovely friends, I so appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers for my dad and all of us. He is doing somewhat better. The doctors did a heart cath yesterday and discovered one of his bypasses is completely blocked and the other two are becoming that way. No more surgeries can be done, so they will treat him medically. He is quite disoriented as they have been giving him Vicodin for pain, and he is not getting rid of enough fluids to release the meds. So, he thinks that the hospital was once an old Chinese theater from the 20's (not) and that they brought his dinner from a restaurant on Monday night, because they were having some sort of affair in the nurse's station. He kept asking me if his dresser was open last night, and I told him no, it was at home. "No it isn't. It's right there!" "No, Dad. That's me." (I was wearing a brown shirt. When this is all over, I will be getting back on the treadmill! Dresser,indeed!)
We head back this morning and we're not sure, but he may be released later this evening. Hopefully he will have more clarity of thought as they will be reducing the pain meds today.

With much gratitude and love for each of you-
Karin

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2007 :  06:12:29 AM  Show Profile
Karin, I'm glad to know that you have some idea of what he's dealing with, now.

I have to interject here, though: with almost every elderly relative that I've known (Aunt Gladys, our neighbor Eddie, my aunt Hazel), staying in the hospital taking vicodin, they all ask about the "bureau" being open, or going to get something out of it. I'll never forget being 16 and Aunt Gladys saying, "it's right there, child, don't you SEE it! Get my handkerchief out of the top drawer of that bureau!" All I saw was an empty wall Recently, our neighbor, Eddie said when my husband and I went to visit him--"do you like that bureau over there? I said "huh?" "That chest of drawers..." I saw nothing, but having experience with this I said, "oh yes, it's nice." He said, "when those boys come back in, you tell them that you'd like it, and we'll load it up in the truck."

At least your dad has some glamourous visions--a chinese theater from the 20's, and a "soiree" at the nurses station. So European sounding!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2007 :  05:49:28 AM  Show Profile
Karin: You, your father, and loved ones will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  11:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
Continuing to pray, wonder why a bureau? Makes me wonder what goes on, ya know.
Keep hanging in there girl and good for you for treadmilling to relieve some of the stress.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Yay!! Dad is scheduled to come home on wednesday. The blood infection is gone, but he will have to continue the IV antibiotics until the 13th. I get to learn how to give them to him. Oh joy, oh rapture. I am sooooo not a nurse. This may not be the time to start practicing. ha ha
he is getting much more feisty and wants to be home where he can take a shower (after 15 days without one-oh, yuck.), get some rest, walk about, and watch what he wants on TV.
Thank you all so very much for all of your prayers for him and us as well. Farmgirls are the best!

Karin

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2007 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile
All great News Sister Lou!!
i'm so happy for you all!

My husband had to comehomeonce & we had to do His antibiotics via IV for two weeks at home..your right..SOOO not fun.. but SO much better havinh him home!
You'll be fine.. Look at our Sweet little Katie in Utah.. she's been having to do this same thing all year now!
i'd say giver her a Holler if you have any questions..i bet she's a pro at it by now!

All my strength to ya girl!

love ya!
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My father is back in the hospital, and....Update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page