UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  6:58:34 PM  Show Profile
I just got back from the Southern Fall Classic Foxtrotter show in Clemson SC. I had so much fun and we came home with some ribbons. We won 1st in lead-line less trail class, it's a class where we were in an arena set up with logs, a tarp, a bridge, mock campground with a tent, large corn stalks to walk through, and a gate and we had to do it all with out a lead line and without touching her but we can use anything we want to coax her along. I had a bucket of grain and she just had her nose in that grain and followed me along the tarp and everything and didn't even notice all the spooky stuff out there. We got 1st in model mare 2yrs and older and third in western equitation and novice first time exhibitor, and fourth for model championship and novice overall championship. I was really proud of her coming in fourth for model championship because there were 9 horses and the top three picked were world grand champion stallions and then there was my little horse coming in forth behind them. I had so much fun but I think I'm ready to make her a nice horse for my daughter and a good trail horse for me. I'm really tired so I'm off to bed.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."

miraclewelsh
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Samantha
Northern Wisconsin
USA
138 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  9:03:42 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Congratulations! It sounds like you had a great day with lots of fun-- that's wonderful!

Miracle Welsh Ponies & Cobs
http://www.miraclewelsh.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  9:29:57 PM  Show Profile
What a great day you had. Congratulations to both of you. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  9:31:38 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a wonderful day! Congratulations--you must be really proud to already have a 1st place!!! Cool!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Just got back from show Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page