Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Things that go BUMP in the NIGHT!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things that go BUMP in the NIGHT! Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile
visit my 'gathering room' (blog) to see the photos!

Freedom Valley Farm - Kentucky

Sunday, October 21, 2007
MY HAUNTED FAMILY
Helen, Peggy, Joe and Miz Mimi ... all sittin' .. enthralled with Rose's stories.
Rose had the most expressive 'hands' ... or hmmmmmmmmm ... were those indeed
ROSE's hands .. they appear 'ghostly white' in this photo! mayhaps we WERE visited!

Little Rosie and dear friend, Larraine .. who is going to take me on a 'ghost hunt'!

Author, Rose Pressey ... looked to be a 'porcelain doll' of about 17 years of age .. i quickly learned she HAS a seventeen year old child!!
Miz Nell on the far left shared a bittersweet story that she has yet to learn the ending of with us .. MaryLou .. seated next to her .. had much to tell us about a 'haunted' home in Green County. My friend, Larraine who sat next to me at dinner says she lives near it and would take me there some day (DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS!) Adorable Cathy Murray sits in 'contemplation' at all the tales she is hearing!
MY HAUNTED FAMILY .. by Rose Pressey .. you can purchase her book at Amazon.com .. if you do .. and want to do a 'book discussion' .. let me know! From her book:
Voices calling out from an unseen world ...
Shadowy figures out of the corner of an eye ...
An eerie presence that follows every step ...
These are just some of the many encounters author Rose Pressey's relatives have experienced. The chilling real life stories of this family provide a compelling glimpse into the otherworldly encounters that they seem to be drawn to repeatedly. They truly seem to be connected in some way with the parnormal world.
From ghost sightings, strange lights, and UFO's to alien implants, this book is full of supernatural intrique.
Now .. gurlfrenz .. whether or not you believe in 'things that go bump in the night' or not .. this is a fun read .. and an interesting subject to discuss. I have found that most of the truly interesting 'paranormal' stories i have heard in my lifetime have come from the people i would absolutely least expect to have had such experiences.
I have ALWAYS wanted to be contacted by aliens or ghosts (the FRIENDLY kind!) .. and was absolutely convinced a hand-full of years ago .. as i gazed into the black winter sky .. on a drive home from work. Honey Hunk was driving and 'grooving' to some mind-altering 60's music on the radio .. i tuned out the music from my head and attempted to communicate with anyone who might be 'out there' .. and HAVE MERCY ON MY SOUL! suddenly, i saw in the distance a bright, ethereal haze of light. I pressed my nose to the window .. and prepared to be 'beamed up'. The miles swept past us .. as the light got brighter and brighter on the horizon .. and SUDDENLY .. THERE IT WAS!!!!!!
one of those big 'search lights' coming from a used car dealership!
CRAP!!!
i guess it jus' wasn't my turn to be 'beamed'!!

Posted by Freedom Valley Farm at 8:52 AM

You needn't be afraid of the dead .. it's the living that'll hurt you
Author Rose Pressey visited Green County, Kentucky last evening to share some stories from her first book: MY HAUNTED FAMILY .. engrossing tales of one family's encounters with the unknown.

We all met at our adorable shoppe in town .. the PLAID PEACOCK (Rose was so enamored with that name .. that she will use it in her next book (a mystery novel).

It was fun to see who would turn out for an evening of ghosts, ghoulies, and things that go 'bump in the night'! And .. i was not surprized to see all the 'fun people' had gathered! (Although, at the end of the evening .. i did, indeed hear one husband tell his wife: "you owe me a night at the NASCAR RACES!"

Hey! i figgered he got off easy .. he didn't get dragged to 'the opera'!!

A 'perfectely perfect' place to congregate was an historic building that houses Lucy Tucker's Tea Room and Restaurant .. and i did indeed listen closely to hear moaning, chains rattling and footsteps on the creaky stairs! But alas .. no spirits from beyond joined us that evening (well .. at least if they were there .. they didn't make their presence known to me!)

I was thrilled to be seated at the table with young Miss Rose .. and quite a lively table conversation ensued what with me grilling her about 'other-worldly' beings.

I was quickly, albeit, temporarily, hushed by the most delicious appetizer (which i first thought was dessert!) .. this was what i called "The Diabetic Coma" speciality of the house! I did disappear into the ladies room to take a shot of about 4,000 units of insulin in order to be able to 'imbibe'!! Now close your eyes and imagine this .. BRIE cheese enveloped in a flaky pastry .. surrounded by fresh slices of apples and topped with a blanket of walnuts swimming in a golden caramel sauce! (MIZ LUCY sweetly prepared a plate for me without all that yummy topping .. or i would probably have been speaking with all the guests 'from beyond' before the evening ended!

Then a yummy bowl of southern bean soup and cornbread .. and southern ham sammies and jalapena cream cheese roll-ups .. i do believe i had about 79 of them!!! And of course, tall glasses of iced 'sweet' tea. AND .. chess pie for dessert! (there was more .. but i blanked out soon after the 47th 'jalapena roll-up'!)

Sweet Little Rose read some 'hair-raising' stories to us from her book .. and then we discussed some of the 'haunted homes' of Green County (some .. where a few of Rose's stories took place!) A few of us shared our own 'netherworld' experiences (mine .. was my encounter with the resident ghost .. Aunt Barbara .. whom i met in a dream .. the night i visited my cousin's 1700's home on the eastern shore of Maryland. She came to me at night after i made 'fun of her' earlier that evening! if you are listenin' Auntie Barbara .. i am sooooooooooooo SORRY!
i shan't do it again!!!!!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

e-mail me: Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  07:56:50 AM  Show Profile
That was all very interesting. Like I said I will be getting her book. Wish I could have been there to hear her stories. Not sure if I would have been able to eat that brie cheese thing, wow did that sound rich. I think I saw that made on the PAULA DEAN cooking show.
Yes those strobe lights can be misleading.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  12:15:34 PM  Show Profile
I am a doubting Thomas, 'til I see something that I cannot explain away. We all should start a tall tales, true or not thread, or at least post a juicy lead in and title and post the whole tale in all its glory, on our blogs

I've got a few good ones, yes I do

Wishing you joy in small things and peace in your heart

Annika

http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  3:32:12 PM  Show Profile
chile' .. i did indeed post this (along with pics) on my blog (go take a peek gurlfren) .. i too am 'skeptical' of 'ALL things unseen' .. but i have spoken to so many people in life who are absolutely and completely convinced that they have indeed had 'encounters' with things that we, today, discount as 'out of the realm of our believeability' .. or PROOF.

MOST of these have been 'religious' in nature. my sister SWEARS with all her heart that 'jesus' appeared before her .. and told her that her 14 year old son (who had been in a coma for two weeks) was 'going home' with him. she said she knew then he would not survive .. even though she had told me the week before that she believed with all her heart that he would survive) she said it gave her great peace. he died three days later. she swears, despite the 'appearance' .. she never gave up hope. ME .. being SKEPTICAL .. immediately asked her what Jesus looked like .. like the Sunday School pictures??? .. with the beard, robes and sandals .. the 'gentle face'???? She told me "he was a light" .. but i HEARD his voice. (She was sitting alone in her son's room at the time).

Religious 'miracles' .. years ago and today .. are surely in that 'something that cannot be explained away' .. but so many of us all cling to our belief in them. PRAYER is a plea to something 'unseen' in the physical realm. (well .. for most of us i guess) .. BELIEF is .. well .. simply 'belief' ... usually because of something we have been 'taught' .. or 'experienced'. All this 'rambling' is surely NOT to get into a religious debate/discussion. Just a very interesting 'event' that i attended last evening with very rational friends .. most of whom had an 'unexplained' story to tell.

i met another very rational friend whose entire family SWEARS that they heard the voice of a small girl-child .. coming from various rooms in their newly-purchased and large historic home ... calling .. "mama .. mama .. mama" .. this home is located in New England. it scared them so much that they actually MOVED back to the west coast. AND .. they have a VERY unusal last name (i'll juse DuPois rather than her real last name for this story .. she is quite well-known in the doll-making world) .. soon after they moved there (and had heard the small plea) .. she and her husband were walking the grounds .. and came upon a small gravestone that simply read: "Baby Girl DuPois". (She had a three year old daughter and a newborn daughter.) Her three-year old got deathly ill .. and they could no longer stay there. (As i remember .. her small daughter contracted Typhoid Fever .. from 'well-water'. She said that Tasha Tudor's (son or nephew) who lived near-by found a dead rabbit in their well.

(I have often wondered if the people who lived there BEFORE or AFTER them heard this small child's voice calling for her 'mama' .. or was this a 'warning' for them to leave. By the way .. they had NO relatives in this small town .. they were from the west coast as was their entire family.) By the end of her story .. we were all in tears .. and no one asked if they knew the history of the small "DePois" child. To this day .. i would love to travel out west and meet her again to see what more she knows of that family. What, years later, are her feelings and perspective on what happened.

I don't always have time to hit all the blogs everyday and would hate to miss sumpthin' fun ... so .. i love to scan the BOARD and FORUM 'thread heads' and first paragraph or two of postings on all my boards .. some grab me .. some don't. those that do ..i 'read on' .. those that don't .. i jus' skip. I love the sharing of lots of stories and ideas and subjects too. Can't imagine myself being interested in being on a 'paranormal' board though .. my heart lies with all things "early american" .. like lifestyles and crafting.

NOW .. gurlfren .. i wanna' read your tales .. your: "i've got a few good ones, yes i do" grabbed me right away!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Oct 21 2007 3:40:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  5:22:15 PM  Show Profile
I love a good ghost story. I have been telling them for years. I collect them too. I am going to be visiting my great-aunt next week who has sat up with the dead in our church for the last 40 years. From what I understand she has a lot of stories.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
http://beloved-creations-storytelling.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  6:30:19 PM  Show Profile
I agree with you on one thing - it IS the people you least expect to have a paranormal story that often do. I have a friend who is dyed in the wool sensible and to the point. She owns an antique book and primitives store near Otto, North Carolina. However, for awhile she owned a bed and breakfast in Quincy, Florida. And one day during a quiet lunch in that house, she told me some stories I would never have thought she would have to tell about that old house in Quincy. I am still blown away that she, of all the folks I know, witnessed and saw the things she saw. If anyone else had told me, I would say "girl you are pullin my leg!"

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 21 2007 6:31:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shirlaroo
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Shirley

Australia
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  11:51:19 PM  Show Profile
I have one! I was new to my mothers group and was invited to a psychic party that night. Didn't believe in that stuff but thought it would be fun. When it was my turn to see the psychic she said she was also a medium and I asked her if she could contact my late sister in law. My sister in law was only seven when she died. The psychic was saying that she was young,and talking about her pretty smile and how she liked to skip. All true, but not to impressive. What really made me believe is that she picked how she died! My sister in law died in a freak accident when her bike ran into a fence post. The psychic relayed it exactly. She also said my sister was laughing because her accident was just so "silly". I am glad she is happy and able to laugh. Ever since than I have believed in life after death.

Friends are the best collectables.

Edited by - Shirlaroo on Oct 22 2007 5:08:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  06:56:39 AM  Show Profile
my 'least likely' person to relate a 'paranormal' experience was my VERY SENSIBLE ... raised on the farm ... god-fearing ... UNCLE BEN. And he ONLY told this to his equally VERY SENSIBLE .. raised in the mountains of colorado ... god-fearing WIFE .. my AUNT PAT. Uncle Ben had a 'brain aneurism' which necessitated an IMMEDIATE operation. Uncle Ben was totally anesthetized and put in a deep sleep for the operation. The operation proceeded .. and Uncle Ben was considered (if not pronounced DEAD) during the operation. But .. A-HA! he 'returned'. His doctor told them that he had seen 'miracles' on the operating tables ... but Uncle Ben was the biggest he'd ever experienced 'returning from the dead'.

Uncle Ben didn't want anyone to know the story he told my Aunt Pat for fear if others knew .. they would think him crazy.

Later that year .. he had another aneurism .. and this time .. did not return.

A year later, when Aunt Pat came to visit us in Colorado .. she told his story.

Uncle Ben said that he ABSOLUTELY had an 'out of body experience' (although .. he did not know that term). He said he suddenly saw himself ABOVE the operating table .. looking down on himself and the operating doctors/nurses. He SAW them operating on his brain .. he HEARD them say 'he's gone'. and suddenly .. all went black .. and he later woke up in his hospital bed.

I once read of a hospital that has had so many reports like this from 'returning patients' .. that they have a ledge at the top of the operating room .. with a SIGN (i forget what it said). The report stated that even though they still have patients declaring to have exprienced this phenomena .. NOT ONE has ever seen or could relate WHAT the sign says.

GO FIGGER!! XO

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page

mrs. graham
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Marqueta
Shelley ID
50 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  10:12:22 AM  Show Profile
My mom was with her grandmother when she died in the hospital. Her husband had died the week before, and right before she died, she sat up in bed, held out her arms and looked up to someone my mom couldn't see. My mom could tell that it was her grandpa, coming to take her "Home".

Like Hamlet said to Horatio "There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy"!

"Far from the madding crowd's ignoble strife Their sober wishes never learn'd to stray."~Thomas Gray
http://members.aol.com/sweetefelicity My blog http://sweetefelicity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile
About 20 years ago, a DDS deadened my whole jaw to do a deep cleaning, which is usually done in two or four sections. The ins. wouldn't approve the procedure, so he decided to do it all at once and charge it as a cleaning. My heart started to pound and I could feel myself drifting away. Wanted to tell him to call the paramedics, but knew he'd get in trouble and probably lose his license for trying to help me, but felt I was going to die without emergency treatment. I was floating on the ceiling, looking down at myself with all these thoughts going through my mind. I did come out of it, but was really shook up and now won't let a DDS give me too much anesthesia or the longer acting EPI. Really strange experience. Prior, I would listen or read about such and didn't have an opinion for sure on the truth of it happening.
Several years before my mother died, she had double pnuemonia along with sepsis and was in the hospital for over a month, from Thanksgiving to almost the first of the year. At one point, she woke up and asked me if she would live until her birthday, Jan 3rd. I told her it was up to her; how much she could fight and how badly she wanted to live. Was iffy for awhile until she started to get better. Later, she told me she was going down a path and had to decide which fork in the road to take...started down one and told herself her kids still needed her and went back to go the other way. I've heard or read this too many times to not believe she really did make that decision to stay with us another couple of years.
When these experiences happen, it does make one a believer.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  10:42:06 AM  Show Profile
wowzer gurlfrenz .. ya'll are givin' me 'chilly bumps' up and down my spine!

i have a very spiritual gurlfren in maryland who was with her sister when their mom died .. they BOTH ... SWORE that angels appeared before them at her mom's death!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  10:59:13 AM  Show Profile
My Grandma was in labor with her 4th baby when all of a sudden she was above herself on the table and looking down. She heard the doctor say "I've never lost a mother yet" as he began to administer CPR. She saw an image of her husband and four older children (like a photgrapgh) and heard a voice to her left saying, as if to someone else, "She's not ready to go yet." She said she felt such peace and calm and didn't want to go back but all of a sudden she was waking up on the table. Later she tried to tell her doctor about it and he wouldn't listen until she said "I heard you say that you've never lost a mother yet as you were doing CPR." His face turned as white as a sheet and he left the room. She went on to have six more children and is still alive today at age 79.
She also swears that her Grandpa heard his guardian angel when he was walking into his chicken coop one late stormy night. He had a lantern and was walking right into the coop when he heard "STOP". He stopped in his tracks and as he looked around with the latern he saw a huge hole right in front of him. The floor had caved in ontop of an old well and he would have fallen right into it. He lived alone and probably wouldn't have been found for days or weeks.
She has other stories which are interesting as well.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:03:35 PM  Show Profile
well gurlz .. this young woman (Rose Pressey) is only 33 years old .. and has already written a BOOK about her family 'ghost' stories! sounds like there could be a FARMGURL GHOST book in the writing here!!!

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  12:56:50 PM  Show Profile
Well, as long as we are relating birth near-death stories - here is mine. Now, all of you preggie gals out there, do not be afraid. My case was very unusual. It will not happen to you!

I have only one daughter and that is because I had placenta previa during my pregnancy, and it was unknown for the whole nine months. Two weeks after she was born, I had to return to have a hysterectomy.

At almost due date, I thought my water broke but it was blood. So we rushed to the hospital, had an emergency c-section, and I needed 7 pints of blood in the process. I reacted to one of the transfusions. I could hear the nurses and doctors in panic as my eyes swelled shut in minutes, and my whole body began to tingle as if I had a leg falling asleep, but it was my whole body. I kept hanging on and on thinking of my newborn, but finally I said, "Jesus, I have to give it over to you now. I can't hang on any more." I blacked out....then felt myself spiraling like I was in the dark among stars and at the same time watching everything that was happening. I just knew that God would take care of everything, and I surrendered. Next I knew, I was in a different room, and my hubby was holding the most beautiful baby girl I had ever seen, and my first thought was "I am alive, I think! Or else this is Heaven!"

Over the years, I have had many things happen that I like to call my delights - I think we can all feel these things - look for them! They sometimes go by unnoticed.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:21:19 PM  Show Profile
When these life experiences happen, one can no longer say they don't believe in them. I was always neutral before my experiences. Had another weird "bump in the night" in a c.1907 house I'd recently bought. Much of the furniture had not been moved in and was sleeping on an air mattress in the bedroom. "something" came into the room (doors closed) and came across my face during the night. Nope, not a rodent or a cat. Later, I found that there had been a murder there a few years before. I think the woman who was murdered was just checking me out and then went away. Could have been other incidents over the years I didn't know about. That bedroom had at one time been the post office for the town. Strange thing is these don't seem to scare anyone when they happen...or at least if they are "good" visits.
I agree with Jeannie, that many don't acknowledge or realize when these happen. Interesting subject, isn't it??? Thanks Frannie for bringing it up. Book should be fascinating.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2007 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile
jeannie .. what a lovely ending .. and a sweet daughter too! i have always wondered (oh lordy! and pleeeeeeeeze ya'll let's not get into a 'debate' over my 'wonderment' .. i love to read the 'beliefs' of others .. but i give the same importance and validity to EVERYONE's beliefs .. be they christian, jew, hindu, buddhist, agnostic, atheist, etc. etc. and those who are 'searching' for what they will come to believe at any given time in their life!) there is always OUR truth and then there is THE truth ... it would be grande to discuss all our personal profound beliefs 'in person' .. when we can see each other's smiling and loving faces ..

but anyhoo .. back to my 'wonderment' about 'miracles' no matter which 'route' our prayers travel along.

i remember my sister (a born-again christian) who told me with all the belief in her heart .. that ... she turned her hope, belief and faith over to God .. that her son would not die! She BELIEVED that God would be 'merciful' and not take away this 'innocent' (goodness .. i wondered if she had'nt read of so many 'innocent' tragedies in the 'annals of time'.) Finally, when the doctors told her there was 'no hope' .. that he would not survive SHORT OF A MIRACLE' .. she said she still BELIEVED her son would wake up and walk out 'whole' from that hospital. But . .then her 'encounter' with Jesus, she says made her realize that David would not live on this earth any longer. She has come to 'accept' it .. but all these years later .. she feels 'betrayed'. It seems that in life, for some ... sometimes in the path between 'hope and despair' .. the rut runs deep!

I have trooooooooooly had friends from other religions tell me 'miracle' stories and of their faith .. and how 'sometimes' it seems that their 'prayers' were answered with a YES .. and sometimes with a resounding NO.

Have any of you read When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Rabbi Harold S. Kushner? at the time of my nephew's tragic death .. i read this and it gave me much peace.

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things that go BUMP in the NIGHT! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page