Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic "Threads" w/o subscribing? Next Topic  

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  09:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi farmgirls,

Does anyone else find it difficult to remember which "threads" you've posted to? I know the "subscribe" feature is available...but I'd wind up with over 100 emails daily if I subscribe to all the forums that interest me. What do the other farm girls out there do to keep track? It's such a source of joy reading posts on this site. I am following Jo's advice and posting this as a new topic & feel sure I'll get a great idea or two. Thanks!

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Proverbs 31:16

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes, True Blue Farmgirls who post a lot...do share your secrets!

I keep track of 2-3 regular forums that interest me most, but occasionally will post on other forums, and have to backtrack or eventually stumble onto the subject again. I tried subscribing, but Chandra is right, my Inbox was flooded with email notices everytime someone posted there.

Hopefully I will remember to check this thread again, soon!

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:36:09 PM  Show Profile
I try to look at the "active topics" each day. I do sometimes miss something important though. I hate it when I miss a prayer request or don't realize someone is going through a struggle. There sure is a lot going on here...

Rhonda
(who's just trying to keep up)

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  12:57:53 PM  Show Profile
I don't subscribe to any threads. I do check the "active topics" each day if I can, and usually seek out the sewing, gardening, across the fence, and barter/thrifty finds categories. And I try to post when I feel like I have something to contribute to a topic. Works for me!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  1:00:33 PM  Show Profile
Chandra~ I do the active topics too. You can also change it to update every two hours if you prefer (click on the the last time you logged on in the left hand corner once you've opened up the active topics screen and after you are logged in and scroll to the two hour option). Rhonda, I agree, I am always sad when I don't know of someone's struggles. Hope that helps though!

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  1:17:35 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Well for heaven's sake, would you look at that...the "Active Topics" drop-down has options! Yehaw Meg, you're terrific. I'm so glad you saw the topic. There's our answer farmgirls.
Thanks Meg!
Chandra

She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  1:21:23 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Thanks to the other farmgirls who gave their answer also. I didn't mean to slight anyone by not acknowledging you,oops! I tend to go to the end of the page and start there, then read backwards...so thanks Katie-ell, abbasgurl, and Meg!
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:16:08 PM  Show Profile
I always go to active topics and choose within 12 hours - then I go to members and click on a specific name to see what they have recently posted to, and then I will go to a specific category and see what has been posted on page 1, 2, 3, etc.

There are many ways to keep up to date!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2007 :  2:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jeannie,
I just followed your suggestions and they worked perfectly...thanks so much.
Chandra

Go to Top of Page

Garden_artist
True Blue Farmgirl

182 Posts

Tammy
Southern Coast Oregon
182 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  10:40:26 AM  Show Profile
You can also subscribe without e-mail notification. This works great.

When I feel spring coming I have to plant or I’ll go crazy!
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  07:38:12 AM  Show Profile
I always just click on my little highlighted name on top and it shows me the recent topics that I have posted in.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

MasterGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

Chandra
Louisiana
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  3:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Send MasterGardener a Yahoo! Message
Bobbi, that's the best answer of all...it shows exactly which topics...perfect, thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic "Threads" w/o subscribing? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page