Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Columbus, Ohio Farmgirls...I need your HELP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Columbus, Ohio Farmgirls...I need your HELP! Next Topic  

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  7:01:02 PM  Show Profile
I will be travelling to the area Nov. 9-10 and am wondering if someone might recommend a place to stay within driving distance of The Easton Center. I have looked online but everthing looks the same to me.I an looking for something nice, clean, and not horribly pricey. Some rooms in that area were over $300 per night.
There will be two other women with me, so a suite might be nice. I am also open to B&B (or other) suggestions, and I don't mind driving a bit. We are coming from the West. Can anyone help?

Thanks so much!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  7:09:51 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda .. i often go to the "buyer's markets' in Columbus .. and i think i have a list of hotels we stay at .. (around $100. per night) Holiday Inn type hotels. I'll be there the weekend BEFORE you gurlz get there! dang! would be so nice to meet you! There is a MOST WONDERFUL SPLENDIFEROUS PRIMITIVE FOLK ART/ANTIQUES SHOW a little north of there .. .SIMPLE GOODS! I'LL be there on november 3!

i'll get back to you tomorrow about some hotels in the Columbus area.

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

e-mail me: Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  7:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Awwwwww Frannie, I hate that we will miss you! You are right at the TOP of my "people to meet" list. I didn't hear dates for "Simple Goods" in time to plan for it. I have heard it's wonderful though! Sure wish I could do BOTH!

Cat(The Primitive Heart), Emily (Hootin Annies) & myself are travelin' to the "From Our Hands" show.
I'd sure appreciate any info you can give me on where to stay. I haven't been in that area for years. If you have ANY other suggestions of shops, must see places, places to eat, I'm sure the girlfriends would be thrilled!

I'm gonna try to get Cat to come down to Freedom Valley for your winter retreat/get away thingy. I know she'd love to see you again.

Blessings,
Rhonda

PS. LOVED your "Mary Jane visits" photos & account! AND your FUN outfit in the pictures! Thank you for taking time to share with everyone!

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  7:58:32 PM  Show Profile
oh gosh .. i should be embarrassed .. but the owner of the FROM OUR HANDS show .. ohhhhhhh ... brain drain .. what is her name? came to visit me here soon after i had moved in! i'll see if twigs remembers her name .. i've been meaning to go to her show every year since then .. but we will be on 'vacation' in Alabama during that time! oh gosh! i sure wish you gurlz were coming to the Simple Goods Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (can you change the dates??)

CAT MAHONE?????????????? is that the "Cat" you are talking about? oh lordy! i do love her dolls. our 'graveyard' angel we made at my home in maryland is absolutely one of my very most favorite dolls ever ever ever! she stands vigil proudly in my 'sewie nest' .. cat stayed up almost all night finishing her up .. AND .. speaking of CATS .. my cat leaped into her lap and took some skin as she slid off catherine's lap!!!

oh lordy! give cat a huge hug for me! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Oct 16 2007 7:59:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  05:52:20 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda, Grove City, which has a lot of places to stay, is about 5 minutes South of downtown--but it looks like the Easton Center is on or near Morse Road, which is a hubub of activity on the northeast end. I bet there are plenty of hotels there, or you could just stay with my Aunt Bernie in Grove City--she's a farmgirl, and would be glad to have ya

Here's a list of hotels by the Chamber of Commerce...these list hotels on Morse Road. You'd just have to call or mapquest the proximity, I think

http://www.columbus-chamber.org/columbus/hotels-north-columbus-rating.htm

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  08:50:48 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, you do tempt me...course I would need to run this by the other gals before I could switch dates. Meeting up with you would sure be a bonus to our adventure! And, I have been wanting to meet Miz Twigs forever.

Yes yes, Cat Mahone! Is there another? She saw my work in a local booth & contacted me. We knew soon as we met that we are kindred spirits! We've been hangin' together ever since. And oh my, the telephone calls! We can talk for HOURS. LOL AND we found out we are practically neighbors too. Have you SEEN her primitive miniatures? AMAZING workmanship! You'd swear you are looking at the real deal! She is a super talented lady. She has a few things on ebay right now...and take a peek at her gallery, so wonderful!

http://www.the-primitive-heart.com/intro.html

Jonni thank you so much for the info on the "other end" of town. I'm gonna run off & check out places there. Driving a bit is just fine. Aunt Bernie would probably have to lay down after our bunch visited! We can talk & laugh until dawn! We ARE girls after all!

Blessings,
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile
I dunno, Rhonda, you may have to start drinking after a visit with Aunt Bernie, if you haven't already. She keeps your head spinning with yarns (stories) and tall tales. She should have written for the National Enquirer!

No problem, Columbus is my old stomping grounds--4 generations of women on Park Street,in Grove City, and I spent my summers there, taking the bus into Columbus.

Have fun!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2007 :  10:58:41 AM  Show Profile
ohhhhhh rhonda! cat's LADY LIBERTY is the 'techique' she used in teaching our 'graveyard angel' class! (i'll take a pic of it soon and post it! and i ADORE all of her creations .. am ordering Providence Gamble pattern NOW!

ohhhhhhh .. i so hope you can indeed change to the Simple Goods show!! FAYE, owner of the mag will also be there .. and ... judy wigginton (twig's mom .. who writes for the magazine too) .. i understand it is a reeeeeeeeeeeeeely gooooooooood primitive show .. with both primitive ANTIQUES .. and .. primitive crafts.

p.s. if we weren't heading to Alabama for a little vaction-ette the day after i return from the show .. i'd shorely have loved for you kids to follow me back home for a few days! xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:

"GATHERING ROOM" ..

MaryJane & Family
Green County, KENTUCKY
October 2007
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Columbus, Ohio Farmgirls...I need your HELP! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page