Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  12:55:02 AM  Show Profile
October is hard to predict here. We can have 70s one day and snow the next. Fall started out HOT but now we've had quite a bit of rain and gloom. Still, its not terribly cold, 50s and 60s, 40s at night. We've had some leaves turn and drop with the rain but still there are a lot of green trees out there. The Weather Channel showed us past peak, but I don't see it. There are some trees that have just started. Gosh I hope they don't just drop their green leaves like last year with the drought. That was sort of depressing. I always look forward to driving out in the country to see the colors and the corn stalks the Amish put up. Anyway, if it snows like its been raining here, its gonna be a deep winter!

Jana

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1806 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1806 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  09:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi, My husband and I were just in Prairie last weekend to shop and see the colors. It did not seem to be very colorful like Octobers usually are in your area. I love Wisconsin and usually buy the honey crisp apples and cherry wine. We are from central Iowa so it is only a couple of hours away. We usually go to the flea market at marquette under the bridge and like to shop at the old dime store downtown.
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Weird Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page