Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Well, some good news it seems!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Well, some good news it seems! Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  6:13:37 PM  Show Profile
I have wanted to move away from OR for quite a while and finally Gary is 'getting it' and today said that he's been thinking the same thing. He's been talking to a mutual friend who lives in WY about moving. Since we have a 5th wheel, which we live in, we can move anywhere we want and, matter of fact, I thought that was the idea anyway...move to different places to 'try them out' and then settle where we feel comfy.

So now he's getting serious and I'm thrilled. I'm getting where I don't like people a whole lot and feel comfy talking on the net more and more and like where we live now. But I like out of the way places too. But where we live is starting to get REALLY populated, I mean, REALLY populated. I'm getting out of my comfort zone.

Oops, gotta go and will tell more later!!

Winona

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  7:07:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona-

That would be really cool if you moved to Wyoming! What part are you maybe thinking about? As you might know, it is my homestate so I am pretty partial to it, but there are some really beautiful areas that are low population density.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  2:18:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, we decided that since our licenses are in OR and other things are already set up in OR, we aren't going to move to another state. However, we are going to look in eastern OR at some of the older ranch towns and have a few in mind already. We know most of them as we have driven thru them.

Nope, didn't know WY was your homestate. I sure do love the wide, open spaces tho...

Winona ;-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  5:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wyoming has places that you need to learn to appreciate them to see the beauty, that's for sure. But there are even more places where you would have to be blind not to see the wild beauty for what it is. There are lots of mountains and forests and unspoiled wide open spaces. My home town is only 5,000-6,000 people and there is a very sweet little town about 30 minutes away that is only about 300 people. The smaller town nestles right in by the mountains and if you blink for too long as you drive through - you will miss the main street ;)

The great thing that I love about Wyoming is that I would never hesitate to knock on a door to ask for help if my car broke down and people wave to each other, even if they don't know the person they are waving at. It's just polite :D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Well, some good news it seems! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page