Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 MaryJane's visit to Green County, KENTUCKY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryJane's visit to Green County, KENTUCKY Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:38:08 PM  Show Profile
oh farmgirls .. i am so excited to share some of the stories of our visit with maryjane, katie, meggie, lucas and precious stella jane.

in my 'gathering room' (blog) ... i'll post pictures and tell more stories over the weekend .. for now .. jus' 'STORIES OF IT'. xo, frannie

maryjane and family arrived down in the valley at about 2 p.m. (slow time) .. gave us about an hour to give hugs and relax before heading for 'our 'hometown' (GREENSBURG, KENTUCKY)!

Stella Jane .. oh my gosh!!!!! (don't tell anyone .. but i do believe she was my mos' fav!!!) she is so beautiful and personable and thrilled my heart cuz' she 'took right to me'! MUCH MORE on her later!

anyhoo, meg and lucas wanted her to take a little nap before the evening festivities (the kentucky air musta' been good to her .. cuz' she's a GREAT NAPPER!) and oh my goodness .. such a 'good little soul' .. NEVER cried .. just lots of smiles and giggles ..(well ... except when honey hunk and his bushy beard got too close to her!) she reminded me so much of our own little sofia in her 'thinking and conjuring' faces! you can just tell she was 'figgerin' things out! all these new people and places!

ohhhhh .. i just can't stop talking about her!!!

anyhoo ... hank, lucas and stella jane stayed behind so stella jane could take a nap .. they joined us at 6 p.m. for dinner and the rest of the evening's fun events .. meanwhile the rest of us gurlz (maryjane, meggie, katie and me) all piled into my van and drove the 12 miles into town. en route .. i showed them our wonderfully fun drive-in movie theatre and the small 'bank' where hank and i encountered a 'bankrobber'! first, we visited our new Greensburg Library .. (where we met up with sweetie-pies Janet Christensen from Eastern Kentucky and Ivy Peppers from Tennessee) We met our librarian, shelly pruitt, who told us all about our different areas for adults, teens and children .. our computers .. and our nation-wide 'genealogy research section! (people from all over the country come here to look up records of their pioneer ancestors who traveled west! ) the library had a twenty-five cents book sale (fifty cents for one .. second one is FREE) going on and the girls did a little shoppin' .. those suitcases got heavier and heavier at each place we stopped! AND .. our library had purchased all of maryjane's books and had a display of them!

next .. on to Glovers' Station Antiques Mall on the square .. (that dear little maryjane thrilled my heart when she showed me a sweet little 'snowmama' and 'snowbaby' that i had made that she adopted from my booth!)

then we walked beyond the olde courthouse so i could show them our 'heritage gardens' .. and explained to them that all the 'twig fences and archway was made by Warren Wolfe ... an incredible local artist and that the benches were sawn, hammered and erected totally by FARMGIRLS .. (i explained that "i" hammered in TWO nails .. but that i was quite sure that those TWO had to be taken out and re-nailed!) we walked around the water building and tower to view the absolutely INCREDIBLE paintings on the walls that were done by another local artist (Trinia Corbin) .. it was scenes from Green County. it truly is AWESOME! We peeked across our long (and HIGH) footbridge .. and i told them they would be walking across it 'in the dark' later that night! i think this made miz katie a tad nervous!

next .. we drove about five miles out of town to the home and shoppe and farm of Cathy Murry ... COBBLESTONE FARMS. (and FINALLY .. i remembered to take out my camera and start taking pictures!) Cathy is sooooooooo very dear! She had wonderful gifts for each of us! We all bought treasures galore!

I absolutely could not believe how i managed to keep us all 'on time' to each of our appointed destinations!!! i can assure you THAT has NEVER happened before!

Back to town and to the adorable Plaid Peacock for more shopping .. and where townsfolk were starting to 'gather' for our deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-li-shus evening meal! Every seat in Lucy Tucker's Tea Room was filled and the conversation was lively.

NOW .. lissen' to this!!!! our dedicated, hard-working, handsome, wonderful MAYOR Lisle Cheatham and his fantastic new assistant, Judy Weatherholt, were THREE HOURS away at a three-day conference as NORTH as you can get in Kentucky .. Covington .. (across the river from Cincinnatti)! They had attended a luncheon that afternoon to receive an award for our town of Greensburg .. and they DROVE BACK TO GREENSBURG ... THREE HOURS just to meet and join us for dinner .. Lisle told us all about Green County and who we are today! THEN .. he presented a beautiful glass bell ... our 'TOWN CRIER' bell' to maryjane .. (this honor is bestowed on visiting 'dignitaries' in hopes that they will 'let the world know all about us'. After dinner, the Mayor and Judy had to turn around, get back in the car and drive the three hours back to Covington for another two days of meetings. GAWD LUV' 'EM!!!! I will be eternally grateful to them .. and will do all i can to get our Mayor elected PRESIDENT of the United States someday!

After filling ourselves with our 'gourmet' soup/tart/salad/dessert dinner .. and oh my .. it was delightful (and by the way .. this very little tea room (Lucy Tuckers) won the top award for restaurants in small Kentucky towns .. and it was up against lots of restaurants in actually 'not-so-small' towns!!! and WE WON FIRST PLACE!!!! THAT's how delicious it was!!!!!

.. we walked a block back to the Olde Courthouse where we were met by lots of townfolk and about ten teenagers from the BRIDGES TEAM (like Gifted and Talented in most schools) .. they led us on a 'lantern-light' tour of our 'historic square' telling all about the historical homes and buildings and people who had come before us.

Town was all a-twinkle with lights and autumn finery! We have SUCH a dear town!

.......... WELL GURLFRENZ ... It is NOW 2:30 a.m. .. and my forehead is hittin' the keyboard .. so .. i best be gittin' to bed! but be watching tomorrow for stories of our Olde Courthouse Welcoming 'Shivaree' .. and of our Thursday 'Sit and Sew and Socialize' with MaryJane!

good night sweet princesses! xo, frannie

Frannie Meshorer
FREEDOM VALLEY FARM

Freedom_Valley_Farm@windstream.net

http://FREEDOMVALLEYFARM.BLOGSPOT.COM/

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  03:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see picures!!!!! Glad you had an awesome time!!!!Hugs!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  05:20:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Frannie! You had a whirlwind two days!! I am so glad you had such a good time. Don't you just love that baby? Such a cutie-pie. :) I cannot wait to see your pics!
I am doing my best to talk my friend into coming up (and having my sister come from Cinci) the next time you have a gathering. I will be there no matter what!
Hope you got some sleep! :)

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  06:26:11 AM  Show Profile
GOOD MORNIN! i did inded sleep from 3 a.m. to 9 a.m. .. soooo .. i got my usual SIX hours of nightly sleep! i'm all rested .. and rarin' to go! will write more today (remember to check my 'blog' for photos though!)

karin darlin' (and all you other gurlfrenz too!) you absolutely do not ever have to wait for a 'gathering' to come visit me here in kentucky at freedom valley farm) ... i've discovered that a gathering of two or three or jus' a few gurlfrenz is always grande fun too!! all a-ya'll .. jus' e-mail me and we'll figger out a good time for both of us! (soon, i'll post my 'schedule' of when i will be home and not runnin' the roads!) oh do come visit! i promise grande fun! xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Oct 13 2007 06:27:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  06:41:05 AM  Show Profile
What fun!! What fun. Now we need the pics. And more stories of the fabulous MJ and family. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:02:37 AM  Show Profile
well .. 'more of the story' and pictures .. REMEMBER .. to see the photos .. ya' gotta' come visit me in my 'gathering room' (see blog addy below .. jus' click on it!) (more comin' .. but i gotta' got get a cuppa' morning coffee and enjoy our sunshine and crisp autumn air!)

Freedom Valley Farm - Kentucky

Saturday, October 13, 2007
Cobblestone Farm welcomes MaryJane
We all smiled real big when we saw this sweet sign welcoming us to Cathy Murray's COBBLESTONE FARM! I WILL take lots of photos of Cobblestone Farm .. and post them soon! Cathy is a dearheart that i met soon after moving to Green County. She is a workin' FarmGirl .. she and her husband have lotsa' cows and she grows all her plants for seeds or seedlings! A couple weeks ago, she had her 'open house' and had bluegrass music and and soups, chili and cornbread for that ba-zillion people who came from all over to gather some treasures to decorate their homes for autumn. She has the most beautiful MUMS .. wonderful pumpkins, gourds, cornstalks .. and OH MY! what an adorable! adorable! little giftie shoppe she has too! We all got lotsa treasures! And it did not surprize me in the least when she gave each of us wonderful gifts all beautifully wrapped. I think Cathy is the most generous hearted young woman i have met here in 'ole kaintuck!

two of my mos' favoritest sweethearts!

Sweet Mary Jane .. Precious Cathy .. Darling Meggie .. Adorable Katie
gurlfrenz like this is what life is all about!

Posted by Freedom Valley Farm at 9:51 AM

Stella Jane and her Daddy
JUS' HAD TO START WITH THIS PICTURE OF SWEEEEEEEEET BABY STELLA JANE
AND HER ADORING DADDY, LUCAS. (now ya'll KNOW i jus' love that name!)

I adored Lucas from the moment i laid eyes on him holdin' little Stella Jane . . he reminds me so very much of our own 'son-in-love' FRANKIE who is so adoring and such a part of his own children's lives. Stella Jane melted my heart when she came right into my arms with a big smile! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! So personable .. and comfortable around 'strangers'.

It was such fun to watch her little 'thinking' faces! O.K. .. here i go again .. but our own little SOFIA has amazing 'thinking' faces just like Stella Jane. You just know that at this early age in life .. they are soaking in sights and sounds, people and places .. everything new that comes into their little lives! She never cried (although that surely would have been fine .. all us gurlz gotta' cry sometimes!)

MaryJane, Katie, Meg, Stella Jane and Lucas felt just like our very own family! ohhhh .. forever memories! and Honey Hunk and i are defintely going to visit them next summer. I'd like to make at least TWO trips .. one with the 'gurlfrenz' .. and another with honey hunk, Frankie, Wednesday, Lucas and Sofia! (startin' to plan it already!)

Ohhhhh .. i could jus' go on and on and on about these two special 'god's children' ... it was such a delight watching Lucas and Stella Jane together. OHHHHHHHH .. and much about that angel-pie momma, Meggie comin' too!!!

Posted by Freedom Valley Farm at 9:39 AM

TURN BACKWARDS IN TIME ...
I JUS' REALIZED THAT WHEN I POST ON MY BLOG .. YA' GOTTA' GO TO TO THE 'BOTTOM' AND READ YOUR WAY TO THE TOP .. T'OTHERWISE .. YOU ARE GETTING THE 'LAST CHAPTER' FIRST!

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THIS? XO, FRANNIE

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:22:09 AM  Show Profile
THE "MAYOR"

Dinner at Lucy Tuckers

I have written much about this delightful dinner .. but that never stopped me from 'telling more'! Peggy Calhoun, the 'momma' of Lucy Tucker's outdid "MARTHA" in presenting a most splendiferous dinner for about thirty townsfolk and maryjane and family.

Dinner started with delicious soup .. followed by a mouth-watering 'tart' (i thought it was a quiche .. but peggy told me it is made without eggs) ... a taste-tingling salad .. coffee, tea, soda .. and a 'diabetic coma' dessert! (i took EXTRA insulin!) All was beautifully presented ... Lucy's as i have already said is an 'award winning' Kentucky Restaurant and Tea Room.

I am so very grateful to dear Peggy and all her helpers .. i do indeed know that it 'TAKES A VILLAGE' to pull together such wonderful 'fetes of grandeur'!

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

As i told earlier .. our Mayor (whooooooo .. if you don't know already ..... is the handsomest, hardest-working, most dedicated mayor i have ever encountered in my life .. and REMEMBER .. i worked for Presidential Appointees for most of my career!) well .. Mayor Cheatham and his very able and dedicated new Director, of Community & Economic Development for our city of Greensburg, County of Green, Judy Weatherholt .. travelled SIX hours from and back to Covington, Kentucky .. JUST to meet and have dinner with MaryJane and family!

The Mayor presented to MaryJane .. a beautiful glass bell .. which is given to visisting 'dignitaries' ... so that they might 'spread the good news' about Green County, Kentucky!

I loved the 'excited chatter and buzz' .. the sound of 'life happening' during the dinnertime .. and i had time to 'table hop' and do a little gossipin' with all our friends who joined us. Lucy's was filled to capacity and a good time was had by all!
xo, frannie

p.s. for a picture of MaryJane, Judy and the Mayor .. visit my blog.

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  08:10:39 AM  Show Profile
Thank for sharing Frannie!! What a wonderful time you must have had!!!Maybe some day we can all meet up at Mjs for a farmgirl weekend!! Gonna start saving my pennies now! Many hugs!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  08:24:26 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Thank you for sharing your wonderful adventure with us.
I could feel your enthusisim and delight!
The pic's on your blog are wonderful.
Hugz to you farmgirl sister.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 13 2007 08:25:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Frannie- Awesome pictures! And of course, your story tellin' is perfection.
As soon as we can pin down a time, we're comin' up, girlfriend!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:28:26 AM  Show Profile
well kiddos .. i very definitely plan TWO trips to Moscow, Idaho next year! one will be with as many 'farmgirls' as can meet me there .. t'other will be my family: honey hunk, daughter wednesday and family. i want so much for meggie and wednesday to meet and sofia and stella jane to play! i swear meggie and wednesday are so very much alike .. both so GENTLE and KIND and CENTERED and WISE .. and BEAUTIFUL (inside and out!) ... and the 'perfect daughters' ... and 'the bes' momma's'!!! they could have been raised together! being with meggie was like being with wednesday! i just love and adore both of them!

we have quite a few other friends in Moscow too. One of Hank's lawyer buddies from the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. moved his family to Idaho and became a law professor and farmer. Two of his 'rugby' buddies (also both lawyers from Denver, Colorado) .. up and moved to Idaho too! We've been there several times visiting and 'runnin' the rapids with them .. and meeting other Moscow-ites! It is truly time for another visit! Hank will most likely build in another 'rafting trip' while we are there! Did ya'll know it was a 'toss up' as to whether we moved to Moscow or Kentucky when we retired? KENTUCKY won because it is so much closer to our children than t'other side of the United States! ... and, of course, because of these great olde civil war log cabins! I know we would adore our life there .. but .. i also know we made the right decision for this 'chapter' in our 'book of life'.

Honey Hunk jus' went rowin' on the lake .. soooo .. i'm gonna' steal a few moments and write some more MARYJANE stories and post some more pics! xo, frannie

p.s. remember to look at my BLOG for the pics!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  09:29:29 AM  Show Profile
p.s karin darlin' .. think ya'll could visit before the year is over? mid-november we are free for a coupla' weeks! if you think you can .. let me know .. and we'll conjure up some dates! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:05:06 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful photos and wonderful story, Frannie! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Hugs, Nance
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:07:04 AM  Show Profile
FREEDOM VALLEY FARM

OH .. Gurlfrenz .. my stories would not be complete if i did not share with you a mos' wunnerful painting by dear friend, Peggy Jones. Unbeknownst to us, she had taken a photo on one of her visits to our farm ... and made a painting of it! And at our celebration dinner ... she presented it as a gift to Hank and me.
FREEDOM VALLEY
by PEGGY JONES

Peggy shared the following story of this painting:

"We are so happy that Frannie & Hank decided to make Green County their home and we are here tonight because they did.

I have a little token of appreciation for them. When I did this a few months ago, the place was called Cabin Creek Farm, but I titled this "FREEDOM VALLEY" because many of us know "there is a lot of freedom in that valley".

Peggy presented it to honey hunk and me .. along with a 'pome' she wrote .. about when i first came down here 'husbandless' FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!! ... most folks believed there WAS NO husband! that i made him up!
sooooooo .. (i often threatened to go to Louisville and 'rent a man' to pass off as a husband!)
she wrote this poem to me:

Ode to Frannie

"There once was a woman from "off"
Who came to the South from the "Noth".

She was a collector of 'prim'
But had a HANKering for him!

But the questions began to arise
And the folks they quickly surmised,

That maybe it was ony a whim,
And there never existed a 'him'.

But in January 2005,
Honey Hank did surely arrive
And we welcomed Sweet Frannie from 'off'!
Peggy's painting and poem will be framed and
be displayed proudly here at 'FREEDOM VALLEY' farm
forever and ever t'il the end of time!
THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!
XO

(PICTURE ON BLOG)

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:08:08 AM  Show Profile
REMEMBER .. PICTURES ON 'BLOG' .. GO TAKE A PEEK! XO

TOWN GATHERING for MaryJane

The excitement of country folk gathering in town for an event was contagious as the 'fire-fly' lights were twinkling .. the evening autumn air was crisp as a starched apron and chatter fluttered through the air like fairies laughing on the wind! GREEN COUNTY, KENTUCKY HISTORIC COURT HOUSE
About a dozen young teenagers from our BRIDGES TEAM (like the Gifted and Talented Program in some schools) .. led us all by 'lamplight' past historic homes and buildings and told us of past lives lived along these very streets. I could see in my mind's eye .. President Andrew Jackson (who visited our fair town many years ago) ... as he, too, strolled past as an ephemeral spirit smiling and tipping his hat in our direction .. welcoming us back to his time. And Civil War Generals proudly wearing their uniforms and going about the business of 'war'. I closed my eyes and felt the presence of our ancestors .. women in long skirts, shawls and bonnets rushing to and from the shoppes purchasing sugar and grains and other food stables not grown on their farms or bartered from neighboring farm folk .. and perhaps a pretty ribbon or length of calicoe for a 'spring sunday-go-to-meeting- dress'.. men in their wagons getting supplies for their farms and stopping to share a 'chaw' as they swapped stories of building their homes and farms hewn from the timbers of the forests surrounding their modest cabins, barns and outbuildings. Most pleasant of all was the vision of the children .. running and playing tag and 'hoops' .. and begging 'candy sticks' from their parents in our local 'mercantile'. our 'shivaree' ..
YESSSS .. i know that this word means:
a clamorous salutation made to a newlywed couple
by an assembled crowd of neighbors and friends.
but i have 'borrowed' it to use for our 'celebration' of maryjane
and family visiting our town .. because it surely was a 'clamorous salutation'
as The Foster Children Band and our teenage "Pickin' Dragons" plunked
their instruments and wailed out some goooooooooooood KENTUCKY
bluegrass tunes that got all our hands to clappin' and our feet to stompin'!
(from left to right): Doodle Lile .. Gerald Foster .. Ronald Curry and tucked
in the background .. Mike Mills showed what Kentucky PICKIN' is all about!
A hug and huge thanks to each of you!
This wonderful band of country men have taken under their wings a group of
young 'pickers':
Lizzie Durham .. Alex Colvin and Jeremy Edwards
who each took turns sharing their pickin' talents with us!
Be watchin' for these kids to show up in Nashville at the
Grande 'Ole Opry in a few years!
THANKS KIDS!!!! YOU ARE TERRIFIC!!

I had the pleasure to introduce all our evening speakers .. surely didn't plan 'no speeches' .. jus' got up there .. and spoke from my heart!
(i mus' tell though of the 'wandering skirt'!!) .. the belt on my dress kept hikin' my hemline up to my butt .. and
afterwards, friend Kathy (Sugarbucket) said she 'bout hopped up a coupla' times
to grab a-holt of it and hitch it back down below my butt-line!)
i s'pose you could say that i jus' "let it all hang out" that night!

Judy Simpson a sweet woman i had met at one of the HOMEMAKER'S CLUBS i joined when i first moved here .. and i "jined' them ALL! remember .. our house in Maryland didn't sell for a full year .. and except for my THREE-DAY 'monthly visits' from him .. i was down here all by myself! well .. i did have puppies Cabin and Creek here to keep me company in the 'holler' at nighttime .. and all these wonderful Green Countians i was meeting every day to keep me company durin' the day! Well, Judy told us all about the Green River Cattle Company .. how each cow could be tracked from about the day it popped outta' it's momma and landed on the farm .. what it was fed .. and it's complete nutrition schedule. She said that if a cow ever got sick and had to receive an 'anti-biotic' shot .. it was taken off the program! It is indeed the BEST BEEF!!

QUEEN MIMI MOORE ... the President of our Arts Council and friend extraordinaire told of our very 'alive, well and vibrant' ARTS here in Green County .. of our shows and projects .. and friendships made through ART! She introduced two extremely talented artists from Green County .. Suzanne Bennett who portrays the incredible JANE TODD CRAWFORD (i will post of her life next!) .. She was an early Green County resident and Suzanne does an incredible job as Jane Todd Crawford telling us of her world-wide fame!

Warren Wolfe .. probably our most multi-talented artist .. sculptor, woodcarver, singer, poet, writer .. calligrapher .. musician .. you name the art .. i promise you he is excellent at it!
He played and sang a song he had written on the occasion of Jane Todd Crawford and her 'trials and tribulations' .. i will share that along with the Jane Todd Crawford story in another posting soon!
Warren made me stay 'on stage' while he read a very sweet letter to me from the townsfolk .. that almost made me jus' sit down on the stage and BAWL!!!
(only .. i knew that ... in that short skirt .. there could be NO SITTIN'!!!!)
Without further 'adooo and dance' .. i introduced MaryJane who introduced her family and told us of her life, farm, and philosophies of living healthful lives on this planet earth!
With the program at an end .. my heart 'glowed' enough that i'm sure it heated the souls of all who attended!
Our two newspapers had their photographer/editors there to capture the moments (AND .. the entire program was filmed by our Greensburg City Hall! I'll be sending a copy of that along to MaryJane .. with another CD that was prepared by the teen BRIDGES team of the 'whole' tour of our town! I'll also be posting the 'stories' the papers publish of MaryJane's visit to Green County, Kentucky next week!
I do believe that our town is now familiar and enamoured with MaryJane and her lifestyle and products .. and I do hope the MaryJane, Katie, Meg and Lucas took home with them the warmth and caring of these Kentucky folk and the knowledge that 'town and country' folk working together .. can create a vibrant community in which to live our lives.
YOU are all invited to come visit us too .. and i promise to show you how wonderful is .. this Wonderful State of Kentucky
Fantastic County of Green
Precious Town of Greensburg
xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:14:32 AM  Show Profile
MaryJane at Plaid Peacock
this just in!!! got this sweet photo from a friend and wanted to share it with ya'll! (gurlz .. be sure to send me any pics you took .. especially from our 'FARMGIRL SOCIAL' on Thursday .. i was sooooo busy having fun that i forgot to take too many pics!

just look at the wunnerful 'plethora' of goodies! didn't i jus' tell you how great the Plaid Peacock is!!! xo

(visit my BLOG to see pics!)

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:37:09 AM  Show Profile
Kathy Anthony ... SUGARBUCKET
I think i'll tell the stories of our "SOCIAL" with Maryjane ... first without photos .. then post the few photos i did remember to take and tell you about them ... BUT FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

Our Thursday morning started with the dogs barking ... as my bestest friend, Kathy Anthony (SUGARBUCKET) .. drove down the hill to the farm.

Maryjane thought SUGARBUCKET was her last name!

It is actually the name of her incredible primitive antiques shoppe! ... well, Kathy was heading for the front door .. arms full of yummy casserole, biscuits and gravy! I jumped up outta' bed and ran to greet her .. and Kathy jus' came into the kitchen and 'took over' .. making sure everything was warmed and ready for when the rest of the family shook the cobwebs outta' their morning heads and joined us!

There are absolutely not enough words invented to tell you of the wonderous friendship of Kathy to me! Kathy knows my kitchen probably better than i do .. and while i was flitting from friend to friend .. she was quietly in the background making everything run smoothly .. she whipped together a magnificent 'chicken salad' (to go along with our pb&j sammies that i conjured up!) and OH LORDY! the deeeeeeeeelicious desserts that kept arriving and arriving and arriving ... (if indeed the olde saying is true: YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT .. i will probably morph into a chocolate covered pretzel and bourbon ball!!!)

Kathy not only cooked .. she shopped .. prepared .. and served! And all in the name of FRIENDSHIP! She never skipped a beat ..never had to 'ask' me anything .. everything just 'magically' appeared!

KATHY .. I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!
(and not just because you were there for me 'this' time .. you are ALWAYS there for me ..
Kathy never asks for anything in return .. she is the 'true meaning' of the highest form of 'giving' ... she will have MANY 'diamonds' in her heavenly crown!!!)
Kathy Anthony SUGARBUCKET is the definition of TRUE FRIEND!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  11:45:59 AM  Show Profile
Garrett and Stella Jane
i ran to get my camera when adorable red-headed GARRET and cutie-pie Stella Jane met and started 'high-five-ing' They took right to each other!

(I must admit though that i selfishly .. took him over the the 'fridge' and tried to interest him in SOFIA too!!!) he's so cute and handsome!

Stella Jane was interested in more high-fives! LORDY .. aren't they cute!!
I do believe CHILDREN are my most favorite people!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:04:41 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Katie King
Droves of cars full of happy women drove down the little 'goat trail' that IS our Brushy Road! The little log cabin walls swelled with each new car full of guests . In all .. we had over thirty women join our fun day .. (i lost count at thirty .. cuz' women kept arriving and arriving and arriving .. and after introducing MaryJane and listening to her tell us all about her farm and hopes and dreams for FARMGIRLS all over America (and OH YEA!!! the WORLD!) ... we scattered on the front porch, the back porch, the schoolhouse porch .. the yard benches .. the kitchen, gathering and keeping rooms in ever-moving groups. I quickly showed the 'sewie' kits and 'apron pockets' kits .. and each of the girls chose what they wanted to make and 'set to sewin' .. although, i truly do believe there was more eating and talking than actual sewing going on! oh how fun it was! we made so many new friends .. we learned of each other's lives .. and projects that kept them happy and fulfilled. we got to see the 'creations of their hands'.

and oh my! thank you .. thank you .. thank you .. to all who brought me such precious gifts!

adorable precious katie showed a bunch of the ladies how to TAT! (i am going to make a trip to idaho and sit and learn that skill with her someday!!) of course, seeing her beautiful work .. will send me on a 'vintage tatting quest' for the rest of my life!

i ADORE katie! she is the daughter that every woman should be blessed with in this lifetime! (i'm sure many of us .. including maryjane and me .. can truly claim WE DID!!!) ...

every inch a 'gentle young woman' .. smiles and dimples and curly red hair! intelligent, wise, kind and oh so beautiful ... she is one of the 'few' that i claim were cradled in the arms of God .. and gently released to earth .. to bless every life she touches! i will treasure forever a beautiful button/tatted bracelet she placed on my arm. thank you sweet katie from the depths of my heart!!!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:06:36 PM  Show Profile
HA! i sure did giggle at one of the posts i read somewhere .. wondering where 'frannie was with her stories' of MaryJane's visit to Kentucky!!! i could write for days about all our fun happenings and the sweet women we met.

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:21:40 PM  Show Profile
DITCHED!!!!
teensy little unpaved BRUSHY ROAD is a ONE-WAY 'pig path' that leads from the top of a hill into our little valley! ONE ROAD IN .. SAME ROAD OUT! Water Ditch on one side .. Forest on t'other!

Friend PATSY (a new resident to Green County, KY) DITCHED her car .. which blocked a zillion cars 'down in the valley' ... we had to do a big 'move-a-thon' .. sooo .. that ladies who were parked on the other HALF of the road didn't get 'plowed into' as Lucas and Hank attempted to 'de-ditch' patsy! ahhhhhhhh ... always some fun unexpected exciting event!

while it may not APPEAR she was 'turribly' stuck .. trust me .. that hole is a lot deeper than the tall grass let's you think! her whole 'undercarriage' was STUCK and there was NO 'going forward' ... sooo the guys tied a rope to her bumper (i am amazed she still HAS a bumper) .. and while lucas guided the car 'backwards' swishin' and swayin' all the way up the hill .. hank pulled it out with his truck! I actually 'cackled' like a hen when i saw the infamous: "NO SMOKING PROPERTY" sign fly up like a rocket heading for the moon as the car struck it!

Lucas was so apologetic .. ha! like anyone in that car would have had any control. but i thanked him PROFUSELY! from the first day i moved here .. i wanted to chop that sign down .. i do not like "NO" signs .. i believe there is always a 'softer' way of asking someone to please not do something! soooooooooo .. i am thrilled! Patsy was happy .. and everyone did not have to spend the night! (WHEW .. cuz' i sure don't have forty beds!)

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:43:29 PM  Show Profile
a few photos!
maryjane sits on the back porch as janet christensen from 'krypton, kentucky' shows her the 'badges' she is making for farm girls who join the on-line chapter and will have the honor of 'earning' these badges. read maryjane's website for more information on these!

our 'token farmboy'!!! this is our TOWN SWEETHEART!!! Bill Lingle .. along with his beautiful wife, MaryLou were born in Green County .. raised here .. moved 'OFF' .. then moved back to Greensburg and purchased a wonderful historic home that they are completely having brought back to it's original 'glory days' ... this dear couple is truly an inspiration to our town, our county, our state!!! you can always count on a big smile and hug when you see Bill. AND .. he recently broke his leg .. but came to be with us on this special day! Lordy! we all sure do love Bill and MaryLou!! OH .. and MaryLou's father was a 'country' doctor who started practicing in the early 1900's .. and mostly travelled by 'horseback' to make calls to ailing folk .. and he delivered babies ... o.k. .. EVERYONE WHO READS THIS .. (as long as you were not here and did not already hear the number ... HOW MANY BABIES DO YOU THINK HE DELIVERED DURING HIS LIFETIME AS A DOCTOR .. ALL AT HOME .. AND NEVER, EVER LOST A 'MOTHER'!!! (and many momma's died during childbirth in early america!)
e-mail me with your guess!!!

two of our farmgirls brought this incredible 'project' book to share with us ... it is 'Barn QUILT BOARDS' that are being painted and placed on barns all across Kentucky! these two women VOLUNTEER their time and paint intricate patterns on HUGE boards ... you do have to 'register' and pay a fee to an organization if you wish to be placed on the 'trail' map! even if you don't .. wouldn't this be a wonderful 'farmgirl' thing to put on your barn!!! i think this is being done in some other states too. she is going to send me more info on it!!

Handsome Garrett with his family enjoying the 'back yard'. This is the family of dear friend, Robin whom i met at Sugarbucket's Log Cabin show and sale .. i was 'demonstrating' dolly making and she attended and we became grande friends!!!

Because there were so many farmgirls here on Thursday, i really didn't get to spend as much 'individual' time as i would have loved to .. with each farmgirl .. soooo .. pleeeeeeeze come back soon in smaller groups .. i promise grande fun!!! jus' e-mail me and we'll choose a date that is good for all of us!

Genesea .. isn't that a wonderful name!!!! I think she is about ten years olde ... she came with her momma (ANOTHER new resident to Green County!) SEEEEEEEEEEEEE ... THIS IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!! trooooooooooooooooly .. if you are indeed looking for a new place to relocate your family and/or business .. let me know .. and i'll get lotsa' information to you!!!
I promise you .. Green County, Kentucky is about as close to heaven as you'll ever be on this earth!
Genesea took an immediate 'liken' to Cabin and Creek and played with them .. i watched from the back porch and just smiled as the three of them romped all about the yard! KIDS ARE SO GREAT!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:44:29 PM  Show Profile
remember farmgirls .. visit my BLOG to read the stories along with the photos! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  12:58:10 PM  Show Profile
LUCAS - MEGAN - STELLA JANE ... "WE ARE FAMILY"
WHAT A PRECIOUS PHOTO .. THIS ONE OUTGHTA' BE FRAMED! PRECIOUS STELLA JANE WITH HER PRECIOUS MOMMA MEGGIE! STELLA JANE IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND ENDEARING. I WAS HAPPY THAT SHE SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME IN MY ARMS!

MEGGIE IS INDEED ALL A MOTHER SHOULD BE .. IT IS A TRUE TESTIMONY TO HER OWN MOMMA MARYJANE AND THE LOVE SHE WAS TAUGHT. I ADORE MEGGIE .. SHE REMINDS ME OF MY VERY OWN BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER .. IT WAS LIKE HAVING MY OWN LITTLE 'WEDNESDAY' WITH ME DURING THIS VISIT. AND I AM INDEED CONJURING UP A TRIP TO IDAHO WITH WEDNESDAY AND FAMILY TO MEET OUR NEW 'IDAHO' FAMILY!

meggie is one of those 'god's favorite children' who comes to this earth to touch the lives of others .. to show by example .. to teach LOVE. (that surely does seem to be something special that comes out of maryjane's farm!)

a very proud momma .. and stella jane had a tight grip on that 'nana' .. she like bananas a lot!

sweeeet little country dress on stella jane
she dressed sooooooooooooo very cute!!!!

proud parents .. wonderfully dear sweet family!
there simply are not enough great words to describe
maryjane, her farm, her family, her friends .. just gather together
every 'good word' you've ever heard .. and you are one teensy step
towards who they are!
xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile
THE SCARY 'HAIRY MAN'
Hank adored Stella Jane too ... She did let him hold her .. but ha! as you can tell from the expression on her face .. she was not too sure he wasn't the 'boogey-man'. Our own sweet year-old grand-daughter, Sofia, always has this SAME face .. which within seconds turns into a WAIL .. when she first sees him each visit .. but after awhile .. she warms up to him and giggles and smiles and has him wrapped around her little finger! I do believe Stella Jane had the same effect on Honey Hunk!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile
FOND FAREWELLS .. FOR AWHILE!

HUGS GOODBYE
now i truly understand shakespeare:
Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

"The Family"

==============================

dear farmgirls .. 'that's the STORY OF IT' ... do visit my 'gathering room' (blog) to read it in 'color' and with photos.

hank and i feel blessed to have been able to meet maryjane and family and to spend some earthly time with them .. we feel equally blessed that they got to share our lives here in our olde kentucky hometown .. Greensburg, GREEN COUNTY, KENTUCKY .. and meet so many wonderful new friends. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic MaryJane's visit to Green County, KENTUCKY Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page