Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 decoupage glue and sewing machine and patterns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic decoupage glue and sewing machine and patterns Next Topic  

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  10:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Okay. I now know NEVER to leave my 22 mo. old to his own devices. Usually when I go back to my room to get dressed, make our bed etc. he will sweetly play in his room and I hear happy chatter while I am finishing. Well this morning the phone rang and as it was my mom I answered and talked for a moment with her, but then my sixth sense said "it is quiet. too quiet. something is not right." I asked my mom to hold a moment and I called out "William, what are you doing?".

He comes to my door holding a half empty jar of decoupage glue... he is covered with white blobs of the stuff. Now I am panic struck. Decoupage glue? how did he get this? this stays in my office/craft room in a closed cupboard!

I think back in my mind... earlier I had heard the thump thump noise of the cat going over a gate in a door and assumed the cat had come into my room, but no it turns out she had knocked over the gate standing between the hall and the craft room and my ds goes across the floor ignoring the pretty fabrics laying in stacks on the floor sorted for the wash, ignores the pens and papers, ignores other fascinating tid bits goes straight to the cabinet with the glue and proceeds to open the jar.

After stopping him in the hall telling him firmly to sit down and don't move so the blobs of white stuff don't continue to drop everywhere I look in the craft room. there is glue on tissue patterns, on fabric, and most horrifyingly on a sewing machine! not my vintage or my utility thank goodness. but one I keep on hand for knock about projects or for classes.

So I took the machine apart and found glue between the thread tension disks, inside the housing etc.
After washing, air drying, and oiling it seems to work :) The patterns I gingerly pried apart and set out to dry in the bathroom. They are okay too.

That was my grand adventure this morning :) my ds helping decorate. I have firmly fixed in my head that he will NEVER be out of my sight and I will pay more attention to that cat too... where is she by the way?

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  10:50:20 PM  Show Profile
Lizabeth,

I know this had to be a bit of panic when you saw all of the glue everywhere! I know..I know.. but it is a wonderfully amusing story..LOL I can just see the cat, the gate going down and off the sweet boy goes on a great adventure.

Thanks for sharing

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  11:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Of COURSE he went for the glue! It was so tantalizingly set away! LOL :D Thanks for the heads up on what I have to expect from Nora in the Future!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  1:28:20 PM  Show Profile
oh yes...great story I have tons like this...write it down...everytime something like this happens write it down...even if just one sentence to jog your memory...trust me...it is worth it ..one day a book will be full and you will laugh until your sides hurt while reading it!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  7:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Lizabeth,
Thank you so much for the giggles,,,,I am sure at the time, giggling was the last think on your mind,,,but 15 years from now when William is a foot taller than you & has chin hair, you will look back at this moment in time, & will giggle! Ahh, sweet memories.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HAINAngel2000
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Mary
Sweet Home OR
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2007 :  6:01:29 PM  Show Profile
this is so funny, I mean not for you, i know (I have 4 kids, i understand) but now that my youngest is in school I can now say I understand lolol. Anyway this story gave me a belly laugh!!! Yes kids see us doing things and they think "well mommy does it, why can't I" and they find ways and later in time you will laugh out load at this too!! Promise!

Thank you for sharing this!!!
Mary

Email: info@heavenlyangelsinneed.com
Bereavement: http://Heavenlyangelsinneed.org
Blog: http://Heavenlyangelsinneed.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  09:14:16 AM  Show Profile
You know the cat probably knocked that gate down on purpose, thinking that will get the little stinker in trouble. LOL That is one of those times when you wonder just what to clean first.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2007 :  8:57:32 PM  Show Profile
The cat wouldn't have found this so smart had the son picked up the cat with all the fantastic glue-- oh how much worse things could be!!!
we don't seem to have glue messes here, it's usually water--sometimes out of the toilet--sometimes it's not just water!!!!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Lizabeth
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Washington
560 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shawna! I hadn't thought of that! That is too funny! Thanks for a chuckle this morning :)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2007 :  1:36:46 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Soooo funny! LOL LOL
brings back memories for sure! Now that Danny boy is 7 it is the things he comes up with to say that make me laugh. Should we have a new topic..funny stories about our little children...LOL LOL
yep, Alee, listen and learn....Nora will always be a joy!

"Imagine that you are a masterpiece unfolding, every second of every day, a work of art taking form with every breath."
-- Thomas Crum

I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic decoupage glue and sewing machine and patterns Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page