Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Nora is braver than me!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Nora is braver than me! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  7:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I know there is controversy about giving kids immunizations, but since I _know_ some of those diseases are deadly and I lived through mine- I decided to let Nora go the immunized route.

I am horrible about needles. Big time scaredy cat here! In fact I have dreaded taking Nora in to get her shots because I didn't want to see her hurt- but I also didn't want to see the needle!!

Well today was the day and she took them like a trooper! I was more stressed out about it than she was! She didn't even make a sound for the firs two and barely whined for the third.

When I was leaving the receptionist said "She got her shots already? I didn't even hear her cry!"

Good Job Nora! Don't catch your mommy's phobia of needles!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  6:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, they don't cry as much as you think they will. Sullivan quits as soon as I pick him up. Tate has been poked so often that when he gets blood drawn, he lays there and watches the needle go in and then starts chatting with the nurses. He doesn't even care! With all my piercings and tattoos, and my husband's tattoos, neither one of us obviously is scared of needles!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2007 :  6:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ugh- I do the uggiebuuggie dance whenever I think about getting shots or needles. It makes my insides quiver. I am not a fan of needles at all! LOL I know I should just grow up and get over it and I try! I really do! I mean- when I was pregnant I went and got the blood drawn and everything and I let them put and IV - so I guess I am making progress

The funny thing is I have pierced ear lobes, one piercing in my ear cartlidge, and I used to have my belly button pierced! LOL

Alee
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  08:07:28 AM  Show Profile
glad that it went well for her. I have a book "Vaccines a Thoughtful Parent's Guide" that really presents both sides well ( not so biased sounding as some) as well as homeopathic support if you do decide to vaccinate. I highly recommend it! Thuja is a great follow up for vaccines.

We vaccinated all three of our eldest - but I hadn't really done the research - our fourth has only had 4 DTaP and 3 IPV's. We chose to wait until he was older and do them one at a time, then he reacted to his 4th DTaP and so hasn't had any further and won't. Every state has waivers.

blessings!

Holly

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  08:25:37 AM  Show Profile
The one that always got me was the four pronged thing (reminded me of a corn cob holder?) that they pricked your finger with and then put it on paper....for something????

It was always the anticipation of the finger prick that scared me to death. Needles I could do, but that little thing was just TOO much!

Does anyone recall what that was for?

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  09:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jonni-

I never had that done and Nora hasn't either! When did they do that to you?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BlueRoseMama
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Val

51 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  8:59:56 PM  Show Profile
The best trick I ever learned was to pat, pretty hard, the leg they are going to stick, over and over again... it brings blood to the area, and numbs it a bit... and even Logan takes shots with no tears. The only one that gets Cyan (out of the 4 that I have chosen to give them) is the MMR. It STINGS. She even said it wasn't the needle... it was the medicine. Her words "That stings! That medicine sucks Mama!" lol... but she got her last one last month, so she is done with shots for a couple years. I wish Logan was so lucky. ;)

Val

Val ~ I am a whole food cooking, swing pushing, boo-boo kissing, paper crafting, breastfeeding, creative sewing, attachment parenting, woodworking, guitar playing, gardening, constantly reading, artistic and lovely full time, granola lovin' mama to my three sweetlings, Alex (7/20/96), Cyan (7/13/01), and baby Logan (1/22/07).

http://goddesshobbies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Nora is braver than me! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page