Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic mommy time !!! Next Topic  

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  8:47:46 PM  Show Profile
I was wondering what you gals do for your own time. I need some ideas. I don't have family around and my husband never knows for sure if he will be home on sat. so it's hard to plan stuff. Also I have a hard time letting other people take my kids! (I'm not sure why, they drive me crazy) I have so much I want and need to get done but with 4 kids, and husband, homeschooling, and just house stuff to do, I can't seem to get to anything!!! I have even found myself tring to hide from the kids! they always find me it's like they have mommy smellers on! (I only do this when their dad is home) So,I thought it would be fun to hear what you all do for some personal TLC

xoxo s.r.

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shawna-

My favorite thing to do is download an audiobook onto a MP3 player or even my computer, put on some headphones, declare "do not bother me unless you are bleeding", and sit and stitch or come here to chat or whatever relaxes you. Doug is really great about watching Nora until she _has_ to eat when I need a nap (especially right now when her sleeping schedule is all funky with teething issues). But seriously. Audiobooks are wonderful. In fact, I have a subscription to Audible.com They let you burn the books onto CDs too. If you are interested, email me and I will share my log in info. I figure it is the same as sharing a book you buy from a book store. But this way I don't have to worry about getting it back :D I really like to listen to Orson Scott Card so that is most of the titles I have, plus I have "The Golden Compass" by Pullman.

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

shawna
True Blue Farmgirl

241 Posts

missouri (north)
241 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  9:31:29 PM  Show Profile
i know the whole don't bother me unless thing. my girls just aren't getting it. I hate to admit that we are way behind on the mp thing I know i would love one though. music would be fun the girls are still to young to tell me how silly i look dancing while i clean!

xoxo s.r.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  9:43:11 PM  Show Profile
ok so do you have a locking door at all in your home cause i have to say taking a nice hot shower without interuptions is wONderFul. i usually only get this pleasure when the kids go to school and well since we are expecting i am taking every second i can get. If your hubby is home i suggest a walk when my girls were smaller i would take my disc man and take a fast paced walk and found that i felt better when i got home. it basically gives you some breathing space and that sounds like what you need. so when your hubby gets home ask him for 20 minutes to take a walk or jog, pop in your favorite music and refresh your body and spirit

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  10:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shawna-

You can also listen to them off the computer and you can just plug in headphones to where your speakers plug in to.

A nice hot bath is always nice too!

Hugs!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic mommy time !!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page