Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 Update ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Update ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Next Topic  

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  12:14:01 PM  Show Profile

Okay I just erased it all. I am sure God has aplan and eventually I will understand it but right now my new address is looking like my car. Sigh...... We have a friend who can let us stay short term in a mobile home they own, but the park has rules on who LIVES in their park and has to approave how lives where, and so we are just not mentioning that we are there, so it can only be short term. I am so tired. I have called about another house 10 min from my husbands work. Perhaps that will work. I have also called about a 5 bedroom farm house that she said they may end up considering renting as the market is so slow, sigh......

I am tired.
Amy

Edited by - AmyEllen on Oct 09 2007 11:56:41 AM

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  12:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I sure will, Amy. This sounds like it was meant for you!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  4:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh My gosh Amy! It sounds wonderful! Are you camping on his front step until he lets you sign the lease? :D

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2007 :  8:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Praying for good news Amy.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2007 :  12:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Amy I am so sorry that it didn't work out!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  2:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy-

That is wonderful! How many bedrooms and baths is it? I assume you could probably do additions later if you ended up needing more space if you were able to buy it. I hope it works out for you! Don't give up! It sounds like there is the perfect place out there for you, hopefully this is it! :D

And yes, you can do a lot on 7 acres!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  3:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Oh Amy,
Hmmm, wouldn't this be grand, will keep praying. Let us know.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  09:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy- How is it going? Are you going to have a new address soon?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry to hear of your frustrations, but I know something good will come your way soon!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2007 :  3:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Amy I am thinking of you and hope this gets situated soon.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  02:01:50 AM  Show Profile
Ohh Amy, will continue praying. ((((HUGS))))

listening to the quiet moments
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2007 :  08:17:32 AM  Show Profile
hang in there amy, your in our thougts and we have been were you are. the only way to go now is up. Bear hugs

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  11:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Amy-

I hope you are having a turn of luck for the better! I hope you have found a new home! By the way- have you looked into this program?
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/sfh/brief_rhguar.htm
Section 502 loans are primarily used to help low-income individuals or households purchase homes in rural areas. Funds can be used to build, repair, renovate or relocate a home, or to purchase and prepare sites, including providing water and sewage facilities.
Eligibility: Applicants for loans may have an income of up to 115% of the median income for the area. Area income limits for this program are here. Families must be without adequate housing, but be able to afford the mortgage payments, including taxes and insurance. In addition, applicants must have reasonable credit histories.

Approved lenders under the Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan program include:

Any State housing agency;
Lenders approved by:
HUD for submission of applications for Federal Housing Mortgage Insurance or as an issuer of Ginnie Mae mortgage backed securities;
the U.S. Veterans Administration as a qualified mortgagee;
Fannie Mae for participation in family mortgage loans;
Freddie Mac for participation in family mortgage loans;
Any FCS (Farm Credit System) institution with direct lending authority;
Any lender participating in other USDA Rural Development and/or Farm Service Agency guaranteed loan programs.
Terms: Loans are for 30 years. The promissory note interest rate is set by the lender.

There is no required down payment. The lender must also determine repayment feasibility, using ratios of repayment (gross) income to PITI and to total family debt.

Standards: Under the Section 502 program, housing must be modest in size, design, and cost. Houses constructed, purchased, or rehabilitated must meet the voluntary national model building code adopted by the state and HCFP thermal and site standards. New Manufactured housing must be permanently installed and meet the HUD Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards and HCFP thermal and site standards. Existing manufactured housing will not be guaranteed unless it is already financed with an HCFP direct or guaranteed loan or it is Real Estate Owned (REO) formerly secured by an HCFP direct or guaranteed loan.

Rural Housing Direct Loans are loans that are directly funded by the Government. These loans are available for low- and very low-income households to obtain homeownership. Applicants may obtain 100% financing to purchase an existing dwelling, purchase a site and construct a dwelling, or purchase newly constructed dwellings located in rural areas. Mortgage payments are based on the household's adjusted income. These loans are commonly referred to as Section 502 Direct Loans.
Purpose: Section 502 loans are primarily used to help low-income individuals or households purchase homes in rural areas. Funds can be used to build, repair, renovate or relocate a home, or to purchase and prepare sites, including providing water and sewage facilities.

Eligibility: Applicants for direct loans from HCFP must have very low or low incomes. Very low income is defined as below 50 percent of the area median income (AMI); low income is between 50 and 80 percent of AMI; moderate income is 80 to 100 percent of AMI. Click here to review area income limits for this program. Families must be without adequate housing, but be able to afford the mortgage payments, including taxes and insurance, which are typically within 22 to 26 percent of an applicant's income. However, payment subsidy is available to applicants to enhance repayment ability. Applicants must be unable to obtain credit elsewhere, yet have reasonable credit histories. .

Terms: Loans are for up to 33 years (38 for those with incomes below 60 percent of AMI and who cannot afford 33-year terms). The term is 30 years for manufactured homes. The promissory note interest rate is set by HCFP based on the Government’s cost of money. However, that interest rate is modified by payment assistance subsidy.

Standards: Under the Section 502 program, housing must be modest in size, design, and cost. Modest housing is property that is considered modest for the area, does not have market value in excess of the applicable area loan limit, and does not have certain prohibited features. Houses constructed, purchased, or rehabilitated must meet the voluntary national model building code adopted by the state and HCFP thermal and site standards. Manufactured housing must be permanently installed and meet the HUD Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards and HCFP thermal and site standards

Alee
Go to Top of Page

AmyEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Amy
McPherson Kansas
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2007 :  1:44:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for all the information Alee. We just are not ready to buy a house right now. Wish we were that would sure solve some problems. We are looking at another house again tonight. It is more then we wanted to pay. But we have to have a house. I am worried and not sure about what to do. I keep thinking perhaps we should wait until the right things comes along, but who is to know what the right thing is. I am so frustrated. I keep praying and read a devotion on praying and waiting. And be willing to wait for the answer. MAN I feel like I am just dumb. I think wait am I qualified enough to think that I can know what HE has planned for us. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Sometimes I wish I was just a kid again and my mom could say hey do this.. Sigh.... okay I really don't want to be a kid again, but it would be nice if someone had some answers

Amy

http://lifenkansas.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Update ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page